1 comment

Coming of Age Contemporary Funny

It was a height of prank never heard of by anyone about such disguisingly prevailing practices in any corporate industry where people occupying higher decision-making positions having 'superiority complex' misuses their authority to malign an employee's image and spoil his corporate career by exercising their respective lobby-dominance in their organization.


When 'Dabloo' was issued 'Dismissal Letter' with Malafide Intention by Unprofessional, Inhumane and Cruel HR Department unethically after being exonerated by relevant concerned 'Compliance & Distribution Department', in fact it was a clear-cut signal to every employee of the organization that HR Department can do anything unethically by suppressing the fact to show their dominance in the organization, even at a cost of sacrificing somebody's career and making him a scapegoat. Such was the prevalent administrative anarchy in this private sector political bank that when 'Dabloo' spoke over mobile phone in June'2011 to its 55 Years Old Woman - 'Chairman-Cum-Managing Director(CMD)', she ignored by SMSing him-"Sorry am Out Of Town", as if Dabloo's downfall fate was already written by this villainious dracula lady and her team including her HR Team.



Dabloo showed the highest degree of integrity by paying back almost triple loan amount what he has been sanctioned by HR Department, but when HR Department received such amount, they became a monster-like character to end Dabloo's Corporate Journey as on the basis of his competency, qualification,performance, merit, eligibility, team-spirit and integrity, Dabloo was destined to reach and occupy an apex position some day (in future) in the organization.



Dabloo relentlessly performed and discharged his duties with full devotion until one day he did the mistake of once again applying and appearing for a Job-Interview in Government Of India Bank (IDBI Bank) on 01.10.2008 at IDBI Bank Head Office, 'IDBI Tower', Mezzanine Floor, World Trade Centre Complex, Cuffe Parade, Mumbai for Assistant General Manager (AGM) Post which was noticed by his Private Bank's HR Department by raising doubt about Dabloo's Faithfulness and Loyalty towards this Private Sector Bank.



He was posted in Retail Banking Department but after working for almost two years in the organization, as was the prevailing practices, he divulged his wish to become Branch Head some day in future to his Retail Banking Department Boss, which he could not digest as he has recruited him in the organization for his Department. Now, HR Department was always looking for an opportunity as how to get rid of this high performing employee as he is unable to fit and adjust himself in any lobby since this organization was notoriously known as internally lobby-based organization.



Sitting uselessly in HR Department in Air-Conditioned Cabin in Mumbai and Kolkata, staffs in HR Department acted in such a manner with 'Dabloo' as if they were 'Demi-Gods' and 'Dabloo' was Fool Employee undermining Dabloo's talents and skills. If you analyze HR Department's contradictory, funny and unprofessional acts towards Dabloo, you will be laughing at their April Fool Prank for at least an hour. How hastily they took decision to terminate Dabloo from Employment without any logic meant that as if Dabloo was recruited by HR Department only to be terminated by them some day in future.



When he was due for a better career growth in the organization, he was transferred from a Metropolitan City to a poverty-ridden rural forest location - a difficult terrain where you have to purchase water for Rs.20/- per bottle for drinking, forget about Business Mobilization through an official HR Department E-Mail to Dabloo's Official E-Mail ID by a substantially Junior Lady HR Employee with 'Junior Executive-HR' Designation to harass Dabloo in disguise of a posting for 'Pre-Opening Marketing Activities' of a newly opening Rural Bank Branch. These all Malafide activities were done under the instruction of some senior official of the Bank with various nexus.



While himself being an appraiser of several employees in the organization, at the time of annual appraisal, he was even pressurised by the HR Department to ameliorate their respective favourite Employee's annual appraisal ratings by receiving telephonic call from some Junior Lady Employee from HR Department in Mumbai. Dabloo was used to such Malpractices prevailing in the Organization but could not resist as nobody was a saviour in this private sector Bank for him.



Lobby-Based Flattering was the biggest way to get lucrative postings and positions in this organization. Dabloo was posted in Maharashtra,India but he belonged to Uttar Pradesh,India that was also one of the reasons of corporate discrimination towards him. Dabloo was never in the good books of those old Employees who were sitting in Mumbai Head Office and Zonal Office in Air-Conditioned Cabin with their only Job was to take Meeting, Meeting & Meeting in costly Hotels, sending E-Mails to their respective Hierarchy Employees, be telephonically in touch with their Employees, create lobbies and fetch monthly salary of more than Rs.2.00 Lakhs per month. Dabloo in fact realized that actually the Circle Office, the Regional Office, the Zonal Office and the Head Office of this private sector Bank was actually their Political Offices having people with different lobby-affiliations posted there and will promote your cause only when you are identified with a certain lobby.




Sometimes Dabloo realized that the extra-clever and extra-smart staffs posted at key positions in this organization who have passed from reputed management Institutes of India are 'Bunch Of Jokers' and 'Laughing Stocks' for him. Their prank decisions sometimes surprized him that how low their values and ethical practices are ? These influential 'Hardly-Working Bunch Of Jokers' although himself or herself were incapable of mobilizing a bare minimum business for the organization but could always expect from other 'Hard-Working Employees in the Organization' to mobilize maximum business for the organization so that they can get a better incentive, bonus, salary and ESOP at the time of year-end appraisal.



Such high-position occupying persons from planet 'Mars' were actually involved in creating their own political team to map business in their own Employee ID and fetch hefty incentives at year-end appraisals.



The Modus-Operandi adopted by Meticulous Old Senior Employees occupying key positions in this private-sector political bank was worth emulating as you do not need to do 'hard work' in this organization, you just have to be in the good books of your 'Appraiser and Reviewer' to be safe, secure and be Incessantly rewarded by doing nothing, just sitting in 'Air-Conditioned Cabin' and managing the 'whole affairs of your TEAM (Together Everyone Achieves More)'. In this way you meticulously learn how to take credit of work done by others ? How to reap and enjoy the fruit harvested by some 'Hard Working Employees' by 'Hardly Working Employees'.



After becoming a Scapegoat Of Corporate Bullying, now 'Dabloo' is the proud owner of a fleet of forty three-wheeler Auto by which he is earning Rs.500/- per day per Auto and Rs.6.00 Lakhs per month and he is interested and inclined enough to offer a Driver's Job to every one of his Bosses of this previous private sector political Bank who pranked him to spoil his Banking career.


This was the saga of April Fool Prank played by HR Department of Dabloo's previous political private Bank who spoiled Dabloo's Banking Career for no fault of him, instead he paid the penalty for being so loyal and honest to this malicious private sector political Bank.

March 26, 2021 17:55

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Delphine Hintz
22:16 Apr 06, 2021

Your story has a lot of character. I love it! I could hear sassy finger-snapping going on while reading some of those lines. Your sentences are extremely long. This isn't always a bad thing. It can be style. However, sometimes the sentences are a little hard to follow, so breaking them up may be in your favor. I present the first sentence as support: "It was a height of prank never heard of by anyone about such disguisingly prevailing practices in any corporate industry where people occupying higher decision-making positions having 'superi...

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.