145 comments

Fantasy Romance

There won't be any other parts to this, its only gonna be a one time thing and the reason if you see it why it says "fantasy" is because the two characters are neko's or whatever their called, theyre sorta like what Lia is except not a demi-god. Paris is a wolf Neko (like i said kind of like Lia) and Avi is a Fox neko (not a nine tails though- or at least thats what i think they're called) sorry if i got anything wrong with that and enjoy.


Paris was tapping her foot while her ears kind of twitched she was standing next to Avi on the elevator. "s...so avi what brings you here..?" she asked to pass the time while they waited for the elevator to stop. Sometimes the students of the high school had to go to the school for some things on the weekend.


Avi seemed to be in her own little world she didn't seem to respond and just seemed to stare off into space. "Avi!" Paris went over and gently shook her. shouldn't we be on our floor by now??


"huh? oh, im here to tutor a kid below our grade. remember i signed up to do that a year ago?" She told her while she started to tap her foot. come on elevator open up!


"So what about you? i don't think i've even seen you here when i go to tutor?" she asked while clearing her throat. They were in eleventh grade so she's been tutoring other kids since she was in tenth.


"well im here to get tutored from someone else for that math test in a couple of weeks...im terrible at math ya know?" Her ears began to twitch again. Normally the elevators didnt take this long, there were four stories and thats where they were going. they should be there by now though, is something wrong?


"well-" Avi started off but was cut off by a loud buzzing noise coming from in the elevator somewhere. Paris looked around and spotted an intercom, that must be new, Paris didn't remember that being there.


"Hey there Kiddo's we uh...have some bad news about you and that elevator...the power went out for it so you MAY be stuck in there for a little while..." one of the after-school teachers said, followed by a small chuckle.


"o..oh great j..just great.." Paris said in a mumble with her tail starting to twitch around again. how long would she be stuck in there with Avi?? why did she even have to be in there with Avi??


-sixth grade-


Avi was wandering around the halls of the school, she would sometimes have something like a free period a few times each day. She didn't know why they gave her it though but she was happy for it at least.


She continued to walk down the hall she started to hear what seemed to be screaming and...laughing? She got into a sprint and started to go where she heard all of it. what the heck was going on in there??


Avi got into the area where she was hearing it and saw a girl in the corner with two other people who were pulling on her ears and punching her just a bit. it may seem a bit cliche but bullies were still a thing and they'd do stuff like this.


"Hey!" Avi shouted and blows a whistle making the bullies jump startled and hold their ears down a bit. she knew that they would hate that and before she blew it again the two of them ran off in a different direction.


"hey...? are you alright?" she asked as she helped the girl up who was rubbing her sore ears a little bit. This was the fourth time Avi had helped someone from those same bullies, the last one being about a month ago.


"y...yeah im fine...thank you! what's your name...?" she asked as she held out her hand. she never actually thought that someone would go and help her.


"Avi"


"Paris"


It had already been ten minutes and the elevator was still not fixed, how long would it take?? Paris wasn't sure how much longer she could act like this with Avi, what if she started to say something...? if she told her it might even throw their friendship away.


"So Paris did you ever have a boyfriend?" Avi then asked trying to pass the time until the elevator opened. Avi had only one boyfriend and that was when she was in seventh grade until she realized she didn't like guys.


Paris's tail began to twitch around while starting to get nervous, she wanted to tell her but she didn't even know how. "w..well no...didn't you know i liked girls..?" she asked.


she almost seemed embarrassed that she hadn't remembered that as her ears began to twitch a small bit. "o-oh! im really sorry that i forgot...well did you ever have a girlfriend?"


Paris still shook her head a bit about that over all the years when she had came out no one seemed to like her. Before she had even came out though no boys even seemed to like her, so she thinks its safe to say that no one- and i mean no one would ever like her.


"Paris could we go talk i need to tell you something-" Avi asked her but was cut off by something. this was in ninth grade.


"she doesn't have time to talk 'avi' she has to go work on her homework and then go to bed!" her strict mother had said and brought Paris into the car then driving off.


it was valentines day the same grade Paris had just made her something and was looking in her class for her. the two of them ever since seventh grade would always have almost all of their classes together.


"Avi i have a gift for-..." Paris stopped and sighed when she realized Avi wasn't there. She had been out of town for a couple of days, how could she have not remembered this??


"I have something i have to tell you!" The two of them then suddenly said to each other in unison. they seemed surprised by this, they've never done that before.


"You go first!" they both said to each other yet again in unison. "no you can say it first!" they continued to say in unison. oh boy, this would be a tough time.


"i-i...well i-i...oh gosh o-oh gosh...u-um..." when it got to the time to actually SAY it Paris started to get nervous and scared, she'd never told anyone how she felt for them.


Though Avi waited patiently next to her, she was going to let her take all the time she needed. though what was making her so nervous? whatever Avi had to say to her had to be making HER more nervous than this.


"i..i...love you!..." Paris then blurted out suddenly, she covered her mouth and then quickly looked away from Avi. this was a bad idea this was a bad idea! why did i decide to do it?? we were good as friends and she won't even want me as a friend or even a girlfriend now!


Avi seemed shocked by this as her ears went up twitching again from it, though she didn't say anything yet she walked over to Paris and made her face her. she kinda seemed a bit cute like this... "i love you too..."


Paris seemed to start blushing from surprise as her tail almost seemed to wag from that. "w...wait what...? i..i thought that it was o..only me and t...that you-"


Avi pulled her close to her and started to pet her ears a little bit while smiling. "of course...your so cute Paris..." she brought her even closer and gave her a long kiss, on the lips.


Paris seemed shocked from this but she enjoyed and accepted it her tail continued to wag. She wrapped her arms around Avi and began to kiss her back.


As they continued to do this, they could hear a very small dinging noise coming from inside of the elevator. They didn't really care at the moment but they still knew what this meant, the elevator was opened now.

September 05, 2020 01:27

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

145 comments

03:59 Sep 09, 2020

Great job! This story was super cute!!

Reply

B. W.
04:10 Sep 09, 2020

Thanks im glad you liked it ^^ did you have a favorite part or character?

Reply

18:21 Sep 09, 2020

My favorite parts was the flashbacks, those were super cool. My favorite character was probably.... Paris, I like her name and personality.

Reply

B. W.
18:24 Sep 09, 2020

Yeah whenever i can, i like doing flashbacks, and i'm not sure if i have so sorry in advance but could i maybe tell you my two new ideas i have for something? maybe you could give me some more with em since your good at making ideas

Reply

18:40 Sep 09, 2020

Sure! And nope you haven't yet.

Reply

B. W.
19:33 Sep 09, 2020

I hope these are good ones, for a little while now i've kind of been unsure for both of them. so what do you think?

Reply

Show 1 reply
B. W.
18:46 Sep 09, 2020

1. kind of like a spin off series of my demi-god series whenever that ends with some of the original characters having children who learn that they are also demi-gods and that theyre parents are the kids of some gods and goddesses so now the kids have to deal with being demi-gods and possibly going to camp 2. MC (main character) gets taken to an Au where everything is messed up AU MC (au Main character) is evil and a wanted criminal so when MC arrives they'd be mistaken for the AU version and then run away where they bump into another cha...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
04:19 Sep 14, 2020

Ok, new comment thread, that one was a lil too tiny. Hmmmm ok. That could work. You could do like P1 (Part 1) of the Zias kids going to camp and meeting Harrens kids. And then p2 with something involving hades, like Hades coming for revenge or trying to capture them or something. And so on. Maybe you could do a ¨prequal¨ (Or maybe this can be P1) of the readers finding out about why Zias kids are in trouble. That is a good idea. Why/how would the original characters die?

Reply

B. W.
04:28 Sep 14, 2020

Yeah was gonna say the same thing tbh. The part 1 idea is a good idea and with part 2 i've been asking some friends and one suggested that Persephone and Hades are just trying to get one of the kids because they want a child, and thats honestly so cute to me- but i probably won't do that and still need more ideas cuz they wouldnt really be in danger if they just wanted a child. Well its a new generation and sometimes the old characters have to go or die i haven't ever actually thought of the ways they would die in the spin off but i have ran...

Reply

Show 0 replies
B. W.
14:34 Sep 14, 2020

They don't have to die though i've just kinda been randomly thinking about it

Reply

16:47 Sep 14, 2020

Yeah, I don't really know what you could do for Part 2. What were you planning to do previously? Yeah, either could work, I was just wondering.

Reply

B. W.
16:53 Sep 14, 2020

there's a lot of ideas i have for the spin off tbh and its not even out yet since the original is still happening, do you maybe wanna hear them? and i think i might actually try to make a few of my stories into an actual novels ^^ any advice with that?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
01:45 Sep 05, 2020

What a sweet story! Nice work ;)

Reply

B. W.
01:48 Sep 05, 2020

Thank's im glad you liked it ^^ this is a main thing with romance that i think i've never really done or done it well but i think i did good with this one ^^ did you have a favorite part or character?

Reply

02:06 Sep 05, 2020

I liked the end best ;)

Reply

B. W.
02:10 Sep 05, 2020

What did you think about Avi and Paris?

Reply

02:13 Sep 05, 2020

Awesome together! Does that make their ship name Pavi? Or Aris? I vote for...AVARIS!

Reply

B. W.
02:15 Sep 05, 2020

i hadn't thought of a ship name for them yet but Avaris is a good one so its gonna be that ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Evelyn ⭐️
00:22 Sep 22, 2020

NICE!!!!!!

Reply

B. W.
00:30 Sep 22, 2020

thanks- i can't respond to all of these but just thanks ^^

Reply

Evelyn ⭐️
20:57 Sep 22, 2020

Sure!!

Reply

B. W.
20:58 Sep 22, 2020

i made a new story finally ^^ could you check out "It has begun" and tell me what you think? it's for my demi-god series ^^

Reply

Evelyn ⭐️
20:58 Sep 22, 2020

Ok sure, can't wait!

Reply

B. W.
20:59 Sep 22, 2020

well i'm excited to see what ya have to say for it ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
19:01 Sep 07, 2020

This story was adorable! Great job! :D

Reply

B. W.
19:07 Sep 07, 2020

Thank's im glad you enjoyed it ^^ did you maybe have a favorite part or character?

Reply

19:08 Sep 07, 2020

No problem! My favorite character was Avi, and my favorite part was when they were saying things in unison. That made me laugh.

Reply

B. W.
19:09 Sep 07, 2020

Could you maybe help me with something?

Reply

19:14 Sep 07, 2020

Of course! What's up?

Reply

B. W.
19:20 Sep 07, 2020

Well i hope this isn't really confusing or anything but i need some ideas for something new thats still fantasy like most of my other ones. Like not another part for my demi-god series or my shifty series but something new i haven't tried yet thats still fantasy

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Nayab Ahmar
19:11 Sep 09, 2020

Nice, a really great story. I really also liked the fantasy element of how they were both neko of sorts, and the flashbacks! You built the characters up really well! Good job

Reply

B. W.
19:12 Sep 09, 2020

Thank's im glad ya enjoyed it :) did you maybe have a favorite part or character in the story?

Reply

Nayab Ahmar
19:12 Sep 09, 2020

The flashbacks were great!!!

Reply

B. W.
19:14 Sep 09, 2020

What do ya think of the names "Avi" and "Paris" ? i tried to make some unique names

Reply

Nayab Ahmar
20:06 Sep 09, 2020

I like them! ^^You succeeded then cuz they are unique :)

Reply

B. W.
20:09 Sep 09, 2020

yay ^^ what are the other stories that i asked ya about?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Charles Stucker
03:18 Sep 11, 2020

"Sometimes the students of the high school students had to go to the school for some things on the week end." you can drop students of to just leave, " "Sometimes the high school students had to go to the school for some things on the weekend." And weekend is one word. Your capitalization and punctuation are inconsistent. It's something to work on because it makes your story clear. All I could tell, apart from the opening comments, was they had tails/ears like anthropomorphic animals. If you are interested, I could try to look up some...

Reply

B. W.
03:39 Sep 11, 2020

Yeah thanks i know i have to work on that couple of stuff ^^ Yes please do look that up, i don't know much about them besides maybe a small bit about Nine Tails so i'd like to see more. i dont wanna just go and do something like "Avi and Paris inched closer after realizing this, how long had both of them had loved each other? they got even closer as they then shared a kiss. the door to the elevator suddenly began to shutter and then it opened. the power was back on" i really wanna try to do the thing you said, for an example how is this?: "...

Reply

Charles Stucker
04:16 Sep 11, 2020

Great kiss scene. A little nervous and all those extra details make it seem real. I'm going to paraphrase Musashi, "All scenes are one scene." Being good at writing any scene makes you better at writing others. When I started writing westerns, I found my other work getting better. When you shift to something you haven't done before, you have to think about how you do it and the process reminds you of little things you may have let slip in other skills you use every day. I'm having trouble finding the exact reference. Tag me again (just a...

Reply

B. W.
04:20 Sep 11, 2020

Thanks ^^ yeah i guess thats right, i've seen all these other great romance stories so i decided to try and do it, so i'll just have to try and get better with it whenever i make a new one. And that's alright i understand that it'll probably take a while so if its not there by monday then i will

Reply

Charles Stucker
04:33 Sep 11, 2020

Shigeru Mizuki and it's his manga Gegege no Kitaro (Kitaro of the graveyard). I knew if I thought about it long enough the name would come to me. See if your library has an electronic copy available. Check it out. It's a great reference. Or look him up and see where the links take you. He probably had students or successors and they might still be working. Good luck. Japanese myths are fascinating.

Reply

B. W.
04:47 Sep 11, 2020

Thanks ^^ i'll try to see if there is one or not, if there isn't i still have other ways to get it. The only sorta myths i've read Are Greek and Roman so Some Japanese Myths for once should be interesting.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
18:49 Sep 11, 2020

Hm a bit ago i just made two new stories from the new prompts so could you go check out "Crossover" and "Adventure with friends" now?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
. .
02:15 Sep 11, 2020

Cute story!

Reply

B. W.
02:28 Sep 11, 2020

Thank's im glad you liked it ^^ did you have a favorite part?

Reply

. .
02:30 Sep 11, 2020

The end was really romantic and cute so maybe that, but I also love the flashbacks (Also I ship it)

Reply

B. W.
02:43 Sep 11, 2020

You maybe have a ship name for the two?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Kate Ulrich
17:33 Sep 05, 2020

Hey! Nice writing on this one! :) I liked the flashbacks.

Reply

B. W.
17:35 Sep 05, 2020

Thanks im glad you liked it ^^ you still need to go and check out "getting her back" and tell me what you think, its one of my newest parts to my demi-god series ^^ and remember its going to end soon probably so you have to see the ones before the final one

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.