8 comments

Adventure Sad Friendship

Cleaning up after a party is harder than you think. You would be able to spot pieces of popcorn scattered across the ground. You would see crunched chips on the seats and cupcake crumbs in the dining room. You may spot trampled toast that had fallen of the plate. Maybe even glance at a rotten relish that had not been cleaned up when someone spilt it. Hopefully not the purified plums which has been unliked by a guest. All these things are what we see now. I glance up at Fritz who was care fully picking up some frightful fish in one hand and pinching his nose from the smell with the other. I sigh as I pick up some moldy mushroom. I hate parties. If only I never went to this area. “Why did we agree to this? I said. Frits sighed. “Well I think you started it. After all, You were the one who wanted to go.” It was true; I was technically the one who started this. I look back to what I did. The things I wish never happened…

One Day Ago…

The invitation read;

Miss Trofts Party

Bring all your friends and family to this amazing party!

Be sure to come!


I did not even know who this Miss Troft was. Surely this was sent to the wrong person? But at the back it said;

For Charlie Backson 4a Arrowstreet

That was my house number and my name. I feel like I’m being stalked by a stranger. In fact I am so suspicious I call up my neibour; The Detective Fritz. 

He looked at me with concern. “Maybe your parents may know her? Like, as a friend?” I frown. “No. I don’t remember Mum having a friend called Miss Troft. Sounds like a teacher.” Then I add “But still it would be kind of fun to go to a party.”…

When we arrived it was different than I expected;

  1. There where no balloons. Instead, there were skulls
  2. It looked like a haunted house
  3. It was a haunted house
  4. It was definitely a haunted house
  5. Um.. Thats about it

When we step inside the house I scream. There she is. A creepy sort of witch or something. All I know is that I do not know her. One bit. Miss Troft gives us side by side glances and says in a chilling voice “You may come in.” 

What we see is a room filled with spider webs. Then Miss Troft grabs some chains and closes the door fastening it with them so we cant get out. Then she says weird words and I feel different “Flarty gorgeous winsley qwerty!” I am dizzy so I faint. 

When I wake up I realize one thing; My body is moving by itself without me doing it. Miss Truft looks at us and laughs. “In three hours.” She says with a little bit of mock in it “The party will happen. You will be my little maids and clean it up…” I pause with worry. OH NO. I know what is going to happen. She is controlling me with a sort of magic. We may say things we don’t mean to. 

I was absolutely correct…..

The party was tragic. “Hello foolish wretch!” Said a person who also looked like another witch. I try to glare at her but something stopped me making it change into a smile. This is so annoying! Fritz looks at me with worry but only for a second. His body suddenly turns and faces an person with a wicked look on her face. I hate this! Then what Miss Troft said really did it. “Now watch for the annual puppet show!” I know what this means. I am going to be a puppet. For a party. When I don’t even want to. 

The performance started off with drums. Fritz then automatically slided to the stage and started to dance as if a glitching movie was being played. First he moved his hand up in a very weird way and then did backflips in the air . He twirled around on the floor and did the splits. I want to run but then Miss Troft’s magic could sense that. Instead, I was pulled up onto the stage and danced awkwardly too. The ladies started laughing at me and him. Then my cheeks started to go up and down randomly making funny faces at them. I HATE THIS!

Then the performance was over but that did not matter to me; I am Miss Trofts little pet. Then, She picked up a broom and handed it to me. NO. PLEASE. Then the impossible happened. The ground shook.

EARTHQUAKE! 

Immediately the roof began collapsing. I winced as Miss Troft was crushed by a bookshelf. Then I could feel myself being able to move myself. YES! I am free! Me and Fritz run out the door before the roof crushes us. I cut through a few corners and run until I reach home. All the thoughts are in a mess. But when I arrive, The house has collapsed. The earthquake has destroyed it. It may have saved our lives but not my parents. They are dead. I wish none of this happened. But everything happens for a reason. I guess. Some things are good. Somethings are bad. But right now I need to get to high ground because after most earthquakes… There are tsunamis.

I dash to a apartment the corner next to my house. The wave grew higher and higher as it reached closer to the surface. Everyone on the shore would not survive. My life really is full of adventure. Then unfortunately the wave took a turn… Towards me. I sigh and rest. I want to live. I don't want my life to end. Today has been full of excitement. Hopefully I will survive.




May 08, 2021 06:44

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

8 comments

Arwen Dove
08:56 May 09, 2021

Great story with great ideas! I am wondering though why there are 1's at the end? :)

Reply

Ed .
20:20 May 09, 2021

Because I could not post so I used ones to make it one thousand.

Reply

Arwen Dove
05:27 May 10, 2021

Oh, okay. If you edit it, you should be able to delete the 1's. It would make it look neater.

Reply

Ed .
06:09 May 10, 2021

I can not post the story if it is less than one thousand words

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
02:29 May 09, 2021

Great story! Full of adventure indeed.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Ed .
02:05 May 09, 2021

😳

Reply

Ed .
02:06 May 09, 2021

The ending was a little dramatic but it’s ok I guess...........

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Blue Green
17:00 May 12, 2021

Wow, wasn't expecting that ending! ;-)

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.