2 comments

Fantasy

Rebecca's View


Three years...

That's how long me and Tony have been together.

That's how long I've been keeping a whole other part of my life from him.

I use magic

I know, your probably thinking how could she keep that from him, but it was kind of easy, like the time we were outside and we couldn't get the sprinkler working, and it just so happen to start working an hour an a half later, I just told him that it was a miracle. And another time, we were walking up main street, when a lady had bent down and lost control of her cart, and the grocery cart started rolling down the hill into ongoing traffic, and is about to fly right into the side of a 2020 BMW 5, when suddenly it stops, "thank god, that was a close call" Tony exclaim. "Ya close call all right!" I thought.

It's not that I don't want him to know, it's just it would change so much. He would ask so many questions that I don't have the right answers to, and he would act differently when we are out in public and something happens, he would look at me and say "You saved that, right?". And soon enough it would get real boring, real fast. He would also not understand why we couldn't tell anyone, and why I had to keep it a secret from him. He would want to tell all his friends and then he would want me to perform magic for all of them. It's the worst feeling keeping this from him, but it's for his own good, if I tell him that I'm part witch, then I will have to tell him all of my lineage that I have tide to because of this gene that I inherited. When we first started dating, it was hard to control it, like once, we were on the couch, making out and things were escalating, when my powers felt so strong that I thought I was going to hurt him, so I pulled away and I could see the awkward look on both our face, and the dead silence. It still happens now but I know how to handle it.

Theirs differences between us that would be too much to handle, he would not have the powerful urges that I get, he would say that "you won't hurt me" and "your just overreacting babe", but I know I will.


Tony's View


Three Years...

That's how long me and Rebecca have been together...

And still I feel she is something from me...

When we go out in public, and something happens, like a cart out of control, or when our sprinkler was obviously broken, and then gets saved. Now I'm not saying she's a superhero, but she acts different sometimes. When we first started dating, there was one time when we were over at my apartment, and it was after our 2nd date, we were on my couch making out, and she just stops. Like shut it down. I thought I did something, but she said that I wasn't me, and went into the washroom and didn't come out for at least half an hour, and when she did come out, she was dripping wet like she had toking a shower. She told me she needed to go see her mom, because she was sick, but earlier that night, her mother had texted her saying how much fun she was having in Hawaii, even though, I know she wasn't. She acts like she's not human sometimes, or at least partly-human. But every-time I ask her if there is something about her that I don't know, or if there's something that she is hiding from me. But she just shoves it to the side, and says "You're just paranoid" and laughs. I think she feels I can't handle whatever is going on with her, she thinks she'll break me with whatever this information she hasn't shared with me. I am getting closure to figuring out what this may be, but the only way to do that is to do behind her back, to sneak around, to lie, just like her.


About a week ago, I thought something, what would happen if we had kids, would they have whatever she had, or would they be normal, like me. Would she even be able to have kids, or does she have the parts to have kids. We've never actually done IT. Every time we get close to it, she tells me, she's not ready, and I don't want to push her, is what ever she have not letting this happen, I don't know, but I'm scared.


I keep thinking she's lethal, but that can't be right, she would have told me if that was the case, right?


Back to Rebecca's View


Everyday, it eats me up not telling him I'm a witch, I fear he will find out every-day, I fear he will resent me when he does. I tried teaching myself how to turn back time, so I could have told him, before, but it would just cause a ripple effect. So I'm down to my last option, to tell him. I feel heartbroken, for I see in the future, we will not work out, because of what I am. But I know in my heart, we will always love each other, and care for each other in our hearts. I Hope he will still love me for who I am, and that I will show him my ways. It will take him sometime to wrap his head around this, and I will give him time. I wish in the future to show him why I use magic and that I'm not lethal. I hope he will be okay with me, and who and who I am. I am still human just like him, just with extra traits. I will always be myself and never stray away from the act that I am, a witch. Promise.


Goodbye For Now-

Witch In Training

-Rebecca Rubbery, 23, 2020, 13th, March.



March 07, 2020 00:34

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Roland Aucoin
01:58 Mar 20, 2020

2nd to last para of Reb's view, "tide" sb "ties". last para of Reb's view "Theirs" sb "There's". 1st para, 3rd sentence of Tony's view, missing the word "keeping". later in the para, word "toking" sb "taken" (?) even later in the para, word "closure" sb "closer". next para, "... thought something ..." , missing "of" between words. same para, several sentences seem to be interrogative, but no question mark at the end. last para of story, word "Hope" is capitalized and sn be. I like the story, but ... the issues I mentioned take away from...

Reply

Summer Pauley
14:07 Mar 20, 2020

Thank you so much for your feedback, I will edit my story with your comments!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.