Gang members

Submitted into Contest #66 in response to: Write about a contest with life or death stakes.... view prompt

0 comments

African American Drama Adventure

GANG MEMBERS

                                By Dewain Williams

     The beef was on going for over twenty years. The Westside Boys against The Eastside Homies. Dozens of lives lost and countless injuries to innocent people in the process. A senseless turf battle that only continued so long because of pride and greed. 

     The Westside Boys was the larger group and started in the late 90's. Headed by Big Steve, a true thug and killer by nature. It was rumoured that one time he killed three guys in one night because they were all short on cash they owed. People knew not to mess with Big Steve. On another occasion he broke his girlfriend arm because she cheated on him. His following grew with the more evil he committed. He knew it and did what he had to to keep his men.

     The Eastside Homies was started in the early 2000's by Big Steve younger brother Anthony. Anthony saw flaws in his big brother and wanted to start his own thing. Anthony moved to the east side and did just that. In almost a year Anthony had a group almost as large as his brothers. Killing and ruthless activity was the norm for The Eastside Homies. 

     In one incident Anthony killed one of The Westside Boys in an attempted robbery. Anthony didn't want beef with his brother. He regretted the murder but he wasn't going to back down from no one. 

     "We good. Let's roll!" He told his homies in the aftermath.

     When word got back to his brother he snapped. Big Steve immediately went out and shot up two of The Eastside Homies for revenge. No one was arrested for the attack but Anthony knew his big brother had something to do with it. The killing went on and on for years before the two brothers agreed to meet and talk it out.

     The date and time was set. They both agreed to meet to talk with no weapons and no plans to fight. But both had some members of their crew with them. "Wassup little bro? What it do?" "I'm good Steve. How we going to handle this?" After some discussion they agreed to "do a one" That was to fight till death. Everybody understood the terms. No weapons just Big Steve and Anthony in a room alone and only one man can walk out alive. 

     The day was here! Big Steve and Anthony was going to "have a one." Both wanted to end the beef. Since the beginning many African Americans lost their life to gang violence. They entered the room and stared at each other and then the fight started. After an intense battle the younger brother overtook Big Steve. Big Steve was dead! Anthony came out victorious. The Eastside Homies prevailed. 

     Weeks after "the one" The Westside Boys wanted revenge. Many lives were lost in the feud. Despite the agreement to kill the beef after "the one," killing continued. Anthony decide to talk to his mom about the situation for advice. "Mom a lot of people are dying for nothing. What should I do?" She encouraged him to never back down and to always stand your ground. "Those fools deserve what they get." He listened and continued fighting.

     Sometime After Anthony met with his mom she decided to have a meeting of her own with white nationalist David Duke. Some members of the East side Homies saw the meeting between Anthony's mom and David Duke. Why would Anthony's mom be talking with him? "Hi Mr Duke! How are you today?" David Duke created all the gangs in the black community in efforts to destroy as many African Americans as he could. He figured if he created superficial separations within the black community they would kill themselves off. Some of his ideas came from Willie Lynch a well known racist. Anthony's mom was a coconspirator. "Did you encouraged your son to continue fighting like I told you? Did you tell him he must not go out bad?" Anthony's mom nodded her head in agreement. 

     Racist white man secretly encouraged, supported, and helped gangs across America flourish to obtain there goals. Destroy as many African Americans as they could. Blacks were complicit in the name of I'm not no punk, I got to represent my hood, and ain't nobody in these streets going to mess with me. Senseless black on black violence has been sky high sense gang creation including Big Steve and the Westside Boys.

     Anthony on his mom advice almost completely wiped out the Westside Boys. With an average of two killings a week. Young Tony, a member of the Westside Boys saw the weakness of his crew and decided to start another group. He would call them The Big Dawgs. There whole mission would be to get Anthony back for what he did to there friends in the Westside Boys. Young Tony teamed up with another group to strengthen his new crew. Months later the Eastside Homies were out the picture. Hundreds of African Americans lives gone over group violence.

     Anthony right hand man Jayrock wasn't going down without a fight. After Anthony's death Jayrock started a new gang called the Loyal Buddies. They did beef with the Big Dawgs for years. This continued for years to come. 

     On the other side of town there was a rally held by white nationalist. Thousands were in attendance to hear the speech. The keynote speaker shouted, " We are in a good place now in this country. We could be better yes indeed but we are in a good place and we must be thankful for that. Let me tell you why. Whites will rule America forever." The crowd cheered loudly as he spoke. He continued! " We will rule forever because we are smarter and better than any race on the planet and that's a fact. Our enemies especially the blacks is diminishing for many reasons. The three more important reasons is because of high incarceration, disease, and gang violence. Let's give a salute to white American.

November 05, 2020 17:52

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.