1 comment

Fantasy

 Looking through the window from the outside, I could see three young men, one setting across the room in a chair facing forward at a 45* angle towards me, as he was watching intently, his brows scowling with a somber look on his face, concentrating, perplexed as he took in the sight before him. His eyes were piercing through the young men whom were on the other side of the room. They were engaged in a show of sorts, no shirts on, wearing only boxers these two were silently displaying a show of physical feat, arguing with their bodies over perspectives of life! I thought for sure the young man in the chair saw me as the breeze blew the curtains to the side of the window giving me a clearer view of the room, He could not have missed me, but he did not make a move. He was mesmerized by the scene before him that he was thinking or watching, so much so that he never saw me in the breeze. Moving my eyes to see what he was watching, the two young men were frantically playing out a metaphoric foreplay, engaged in a wrestling match of sorts, letting go, hanging on, pushing away, grabbing and holding with the intention of never letting go. So much confusion, what in the world was going on? Was this for real?




 As I continued to watch, I was convinced these three were not sure what was happening, that somehow they were caught in a trap they could not escape. seeing the surreal world unfold, my mind was in a quandary, it appeared as if some unseen force was persecuting them through a thick heavy cloud with thoughts of perversion, enticing them in a grip they could not resist or escape. Confusion danced around as they were whirling around the room; so much confusion, anger, passion, aggression, all the emotions of a teenager acting out their innermost thoughts found in secrecy in the depths of the heart, oh... the longings of the heart, they do deceive us; but... these longings they were plagued by were not hidden as though they thought, the third person, the young man setting in the chair watching was silently praying to God for a sign that he was there. A godwink that he was real and that he understood this demonic force enticing these young men to carry out an act that would surely lead to destruction of the soul.  He prayed as I Continued to watch thinking to myself, what is going on, this slow motion play of sorts? What is it they were experiencing? I wanted to scream out and grab all the temptations dancing around the room, to capture this fantasy whirling around them, this spirit that sought to mess with the minds of these young men. I could not let it grip me, so I began to pray. "Lord help these young men see clearly, let them see the enemy for who he is the liar he is. Lord help, I prayed."




Back and forth my heart racing, my soul seeking God's throne, I could not figure the scene out, were these young men enjoying the dance or were they suffering an anxious silent pain? The expressions on their faces was agony, I had to do something more than pray, but, what could I do? If I exposed myself they would know I was watching them? Then what? No! I had to pray- Lord help! Praying was the weapon I had to use against this aggressive spirit. My spirit began to meet the spirit of God, bringing comfort to the young man in the chair. I began to pray with conviction, as confusion, whirled all around me, my head was swirling somewhere between consciousness and a presence experienced in the spirit world. LORD HELP! The two boys dancing soon began to appear exhausted and dropped to the floor. Just when I thought I understood what was happening, the room was dark and I woke up sweating and anxious. WOW! What an experience!  


I had been awoke from a dream before, but this was different from anything I had ever experienced. I woke up praying! I remembered the verse in scripture that says: "'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams." This dream was so real, it shook me to my core. What was happening? Why was I experiencing this dream? What significance did the dream have for me... What did I eat before bed? 


Awake, I went to my notebook to write down my prayers and recall the dream I had.  I asked God to show me how to pray for these young men, I asked him for clarification and discernment. The Lord is quick to answer our petitions, he spoke to me with his still small voice, showing me how to pray, as he spoke I listened and wrote. He gave me names to pray, and words to use to break the stronghold. After praying I could not shake the feeling of unease, I had to do something, but it was 1:00 a.m. in the morning. I reached to my nightstand picking up my phone, silencing the noise, I quietly typed out a text. I had to let this young man who was observing, this young man whom I loved with all that is in me, this young man~who was wondering about life as he observed what he witnessed; wondering if God was there and what was going on between his friends? This young man that was questioning. He had to know that whatever he was experiencing that night, God heard his prayer and woke me from my sleep to pray; I had to tell him God knew and that he was in control!




Dear...




I woke up with you on my mind, I could not shake the feeling that you need to hear this right now tonight. I do not know what you are doing or what you are experiencing, but I woke up praying for you! Praying for a situation that you are in- God wants you to know that he is in control and he has this. I love you!




I laid the phone down, at peace, I went back to sleep, in the morning a simple text was on my phone, thank you for praying, Love y


ou too!




Unable to state this in my text, later I asked him if the names Chris and Christopher meant anything to him? They kept coming into my mind as I prayed. No response… Lord help them.

February 22, 2020 13:25

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Amy Spaughton
22:20 Mar 04, 2020

I was compelled by the passion and urgency of this piece and enjoyed the stream of consciousness style. However, some sentences were a bit arkward and I was confused at some points. Perhaps get someone to read through your prose to avoid mistakes.

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.