4 comments

Adventure Fantasy Mystery

Hello, my name is David. We had a strange visitor this week. His name is Jeff. There is something about him that is mysterious. He also has this aura around him. He sometimes appears out of thin air! No one knows his real name. Let’s start the story. 

On a sticky and rainy day, a volcano erupted at Mystery Village. Volcano ashes spread all over the village and people ran. But then, the volcano and the ash clouds disappeared! Then came lightning followed by a deafening voice, “People of the Mystery Village, I cannot tell you who I am. But I am from a long time ago and I will be coming down to your village soon. I will protect you from a future disaster like the volcano eruption that happened a few minutes ago, or an attack from other villages or creatures.”. The voice made the ground shake and the villagers ran for shelter back in their houses to prevent the person from seeing them.

The next day, a man dressed in black came down to the village and bellowed, “Hello everyone!” that woke up the whole village. “He’s here, everyone! Run for your lives!”. The villagers cried. “Hey guys, don’t run!” cried one villager. “Remember he was going to protect us?” he said with patience. “Let’s ask him what his name is, okay?” the villager said. “Fine!” all the villagers said in unison. “What is your name, sir?” asked a villager called Henry. “Oh, hello there, my name is Jacob. But I don’t have a name so I just made that up.” the man dressed in black replied. Then Jacob reached out a hand for a handshake. But no one got near him. Jacob waited for a moment and retracted his hand. And then, a burst of light flashed through the village and charged at Jacob.

All the villagers thought that Jacob had summoned those lightning and wanted to hurt them so they screamed. “Please don’t run, I’m here to protect you guys.” Jacob tried to explain to the villagers. “Fine, we will stay only if you show us what you can do to protect us, okay?” Said one of the villagers. “Okay,” Jacob said. And then he summoned a burst of lightning and more powers to show the villagers what he can do. “Wow,” the villagers said in awe. “You are amazing!” A villager named Zac said. “I hope you can help us defend against a raid that is going to happen next week!” Zac said hopefully. Suddenly, a siren went off. “They are coming!” Cried Zac to Jacob. “Who?” Jacob asked. “It is the raiders! They said they will be coming next week, but here they are now! So we need to run!” Zac explained while running. “I will protect you guys then,” Jacob said with confidence. “Good luck then, you’ll need it!” Zac shouted from a far distance. An arrow flew past Jacob’s head. And then a volley of arrows was shot towards Jacob. “Arghhhh!” Jacob shouted. Then he summoned a bolt of lightning toward the raider and half of the fleet disintegrated.

“Run!” Shouted one of the raiders. And they fled. “Mysteries, you can come out now. The raiders have fled!” Jacob announced proudly, his voice echoing along with the empty village. Then a cheer went up! “Hooray!” The villagers cheered. “Thank you so much, Jacob! You can officially be a part of our village now!” Announced the chief of the village the next day. “Thank you, chief!” Jacob was so excited that he was jumping up and down like a kid who got their favourite thing for their birthday. The next day, there were many knocks on Jacob’s door. People gave him food and jewels as thanks. “Everyone, I appreciate all the gifts you guys gave me. Thank you so much!” Jacob said happily. “We will do anything to make you feel at home!” Zac said. Whenever Jacob went out for a walk, many people would trail him and ask him for autographs. Once, the chief of the village even gave him a gold medal and a diamond crown as a prize for saving the village! 1 year passed without any disaster or attack. But on a peaceful and clear day, the siren went off again.

Everyone ran for shelter once again like last time and Jacob stayed outside to defend the village. This time, it was giants and cyclopes attacking the village. Jacob has never seen them before, so he doesn’t know which power to use. He combined all his power together and fired it towards the crowd of giants. They disintegrated. He shot another at the cyclopes, but they didn’t even get a scratch! This got Jacob thinking very hard, he was trying to figure out the cyclopes’ weakness with his brain. “Ah-ha!” Cried Jacob as he finally thought of a way to defeat the cyclopes. He did what his brain told him and summoned a bolt of lightning first, the fire and finally, water. He launched them towards the cyclopes. He doesn’t believe it! The cyclopes still didn’t disintegrate! “Ahh!” Cried Jacob in frustration when the cyclopes are coming close to him. Suddenly, a pitchfork flew out of nowhere and hit one of the cyclopes’ eyes. He was blinded. “EEE!” Screamed the cyclops in pain. “Hooray!” As the cyclops slumped down towards the ground and disintegrated. Jacob’s head turned toward the cheer, it was Zac in front of all the Mystery villagers. “Thank you, guys!” Jacob said with a sigh of relief.

Now he knows where to hit the cyclops to make the cyclopes disintegrate. But there were more coming, so Jacob used his power to summon hundreds of bows and arrows for the villagers. “Now we can go and defend this village with pride!” Cried Zac over the loud footsteps of the cyclopes. “FIRE!” Shouted Zac as a volley of arrows were shot into the air and some went into the cyclopes’ eyes! “You guys have incredible aiming skills!” Jacob shouted. “I know because our ancestors used to be archers,” Zac said as he fired another arrow straight at the last cyclops. “YAY!” Cried all the villagers, including the chief when the last cyclops slumped down and disintegrated. Next month, all the villagers were given a medal of bravery, including the chief himself and Jacob. At a speech, Jacob asked why there were so many attacks on this village. And the reply was, “We actually have a lot of wealth and treasures that other villages or tribes and creatures might want, so we are lucky to have you help us defend our village.” The chief said.

Afterwards, no more attacks came and Jacob continued living a happy life down on Earth with the Mysteries! Extra Part: After Jacob defeated those monsters, he kept on living in the Mystery village. One day This news spread like a pandemic and reached London, where the queen decided to give Jacob a knighthood for protecting that village. When the queen arrived, every villager was swarming around the queen’s Bentley. The securities got out of another car following behind. “Please make way for the queen.” A security guard said. Suddenly, Jacob appeared out of thin air and surprised everyone, in a tuxedo. “Hello, Your Majesty!” Jacob said excitedly. “Oh, hi Jacob! I am so pleased to see you!” The queen said, smiling. The End

July 15, 2021 03:24

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

4 comments

Lisa Lacey
18:41 Jul 22, 2021

What an imaginative story! I liked how in the end all the villagers helped Jacob defend the village together.

Reply

Rutheanna Chang
11:30 Jul 29, 2021

Thank You!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Udita Parasar
10:49 Jul 22, 2021

The concept is very good 👍 but I find it bit direct

Reply

Rutheanna Chang
11:31 Jul 29, 2021

Thank you! I will try to be more specific in other stories!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.