3 comments

Friendship Lesbian Sad

Content warning: suicide

Two girls:

Once upon a time there were two girls, two girls who only trusted each other. It was always them against the world. Until one of them fell in love with the other. It started simply; they sat closer to each other; they wrote each other long letters every week; they spoke to one another so freely that it made the gods so jealous that they destroyed it. The love the girls shared amazed Aphrodite so much that she swore she was going to protect it at all cost.The light-haired girl's crush for the brunette girl suddenly became love, and to some even obsession, but the brunette was also in love with the light-haired one, or so her heart said.

It was a cold February, when the light-haired realised she couldn't hold her feelings just to herself anymore, so she wrote a love letter to the brunette to declare her feelings.Days went on and on as the bookworm girl grew anxious about the answer of her love.After a week she received a pleasant, yet terrible answer.The brunette did in fact love her as no one ever had because nobody got this close to see through the ugly cracks of the perfect girl.As the light girl grew excited and continued through the letter, she read that her dark broken mind was holding their love behind.Hearing those news the girl fell down to her knees, holding the letter to her broken heart, hoping it would erase the pain.

They say that time heals,but not in this case.As the days went on and on the girls acted like this confession, this conflict never happened.The light-haired started getting more tired and miserable every day trying to hold the pieces of her past happiness, while the brunette started closing her heart because her parents had lost their love before.The love and warmness that the father long time ago offered was replaced with anger and coldness, the hugs in this family were now unfamiliar comfort as the beatings took place.The mother once caring and full of life, was now a numb coward scared for herself unable to protect her daughter.As for the daughter she always knew it was her against her family so she decided to become more of a monster or manipulator than her father was on her way to freedom.Suddenly the two girls who knew only the trust and love for each other became a cold manipulator and a fragile mess.

But the fragile one didn't give up on the brunette.They ignored their feelings until once a month after the light-haired gained confidence and asked the other girl once again.Even though the brunette still confessed her love to the other one she always said no,which the girl respected and never mentioned it until the next month.At first sight you wouldn't notice any sadness or anger in the two girls,at least the light-haired one,Francheska was her name.Her motivation disappeared,she lost all interest in everything including her friends,aside from the girl she loved and worshiped,which slowly turned into toxic obsession eating every piece of happiness she possessed. Numbness,tiredness,hunger and obsession were the only things Francheska felt.At some point even her parents noticed,her dad started telling jokes to her more often and her mom reminded her every day how strong and proud of her she was.Things got worse at the end of March for the girls.They argued for the first time since they were friends.It was a catastrophe.

The day was 26th March and the brunette had finally said yes to a date.Francheska felt happiness for the first time in weeks,but that was soon to change.The day was an ordinary one,she had her plan ready.They had 1 hour date before meeting another friend.As the lovesick girl walked to the meeting spot she skipped every sad song on her player because nothing could ruin her mood.Oh,god, how wrong she was!When she arrived the brunette hadn't arrived yet,it was alright, she wasn't the most punctual person.5 minutes past still no one,so Francheska texted her: "Gonna be 10 minutes late" said the message.It was okay that they still got time,but the demons in her head became louder."What if she stands you up?","Maybe she doesn't love you.", "Just a love game for her.", but the lovesick pushed the demons away because the brunette was the only person she trusted,she could never betray her trust.If only she knew.As the brunette said after 10 minutes she was her beautiful as Aphrodite herself.Though she brought more terrible news Francheska still couldn't take her eyes off her.There wasn't going to be a date because their third friend has come 30 minutes early.That sentence finished the last piece motivation Francheska had.All her plans,all her mood gone in the trash.For seconds the happy, full of life Francheska had become the numb. Replying with short answers to the girl she loved or she thought she did,Francheska was lost to her dark thoughts,which almost got true that night.As the three friends met the brunette continued her talk with the newcomer,Francheska didn't even hear their talk anymore.She just wanted to escape to be alone.Her breathing got faster and she started shaking.The other girls were discussing something about a bar,which was the least thing Francheska needed.Suddenly they were in front of the Mexican place to eat something,but Francheska was so anxious that she couldn't even think about eating.While waiting for the brunette girl to take her food,the girl who ruined her day and her chances with her love,started talking.Francheska answered simply,shortly and sarcastic to every asked question.As the fragile girl got annoyed,the brunette was ready and sat on a bench to eat.Francheska couldn't pretend she was happy to be here with them,she couldn't pretend anymore so she simply stood up and ran,ran like a coward from her friends.Maybe if she had told them something,it would have been different but we will never know.She walked as fast as she could to get out of their sight.Then she bought her favorite tea to calm herself down and called her best friend.A friend she hadn’t talked to for 2 months, a friend who was always there for her - through the good and the bad.That day Francheska had the longest phone call in her life.

That night she made the hardest decision she had ever made.At first she thought about giving up,just jumping off the window and being done with all the suffer,all the exhaustion, all the thoughts.But then the moon,the full beautiful moon,looked at the girl with tears in the eyes wondering how to save her.As the girl stepped on the edge of the window,with tears in the eyes,she whispered sorry to everyone that have hurt and would hurt.Suddenly a hand touched her arm and held it so hard,like trying to stop her from this tragic end.Francheska turned around with red eyes to see the most beautiful lady she had seen.The mysterious  lady was wearing a silver crown and a silver coat and her voice was like a bird song.

"What are you doing?"asked the lady,"Don't you want to live,explore the world."

"I do....I am just not strong enough to continue living." Francheska answered quietly.

"Everyone is strong, that's why they are humans and not animals. Let's sit and talk."

The lost girl and the lady talked the whole night about this close tragic end of young life.

In the morning Francheska realised this was only a dream,but the scars of last night still shone on her wrist.Later that day Francheska was ready,ready to let go of the brunette.Some will say that this wasn't something serious,maybe even the brunette,but for Francheska that was deep in her and important as the air she breathed,but today she was done.She was done with the late crying,with the toxicity,with the one side love , the attempts to keep this relationship going and most importantly with the friend who she once dreamt of calling lover.The girl still held some hopes that the brunette would wake up from the cold dream she was in and catch Francheska before she slipped away forever,but the brunette didn't even try to stop Francheska from leaving and that hurt.But life isn't fair.

Today these girls are just strangers who used to share an unique connection,which the gods destroyed.Today Francheska is a happier and healthier version of herself, and as for the brunette,they don't talk anymore.I don't think they will even greet each other on the street if they passed.But we will never know,because the universe made sure of it.We can just hope they find the love they search for.

 

 

 

June 02, 2021 19:09

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

Kodi Gehrig
21:01 Jun 12, 2021

This was a sad yet good story the love that Francheska has for the brunette is me with my crush. Everytime I try it doesn't work but I haven't thought about giving up on him just yet

Reply

Dariya Feodorova
18:04 Jun 18, 2021

Same that was what actually inspired me to write this.Thanks for the support!<3

Reply

Kodi Gehrig
08:40 Jun 22, 2021

Ya no problem

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.