2 comments

Suspense Teens & Young Adult Lesbian

It was a rainy day when I got the call. "Hello?" I said " Hi y-y-yes..." the voice of a woman stuttered "Hello ma'am what is the problem?" What the voice said sent chills down my back and I don't get scared so easily. " P-P-Please h-h-help m-m-me I am stuck here he is going to kill me..." Then the line went dead. So I did what any other detective would do: call up their team to help them solve the case. I first called my computer girl Mimi to track the phone number, after that I called my best guys in this business Nathion, and Darrel. The best people I have ever met, then my best field officer out there Lola. After I called up my team we went into the conference room to talk about what just happened after Mimi found where the phone call was taking place we all got close to hear what she was going to say " So the phone call came from LA in Hollywood and the voice that was on the phone was from a girl who went missing a few months back. Her name was Bexley Usoro. She was 16 when she got kidnapped and no one has heard of her since." I was stunned we only lived in San Francisco we would have heard I was confused but that never stopped me from solving a case. " Okay let's make a call to the police department over there and tell them that we are coming to solve this case and maybe we might or hopefully find this young girl." My team understood and got ready for this trip. As my team got ready there were some few things I needed to take care of such as things that are personal like really personal. My mom was put into the hospital just a few days ago. I just wanted to see her one more time before I go. When I got there I went to her room. "Hola querida como estas" "Everything is ma, it is just that we have this case that we need to solve and I have to go to LA." Oh entonces que paso?" I explained it to her "Oh eso es tan triste" "Yeah mom but I will be back in time for your release hopefully that is soon. Alright well I gotta get going I love you ma." "Te amo a." And then we were off to go and these people and find this missing girl. Once we landed and got to the parents house something felt off about the dad. It was like he didn't care that his daughter was missing especially at 16. But we interviewed them. "She told me that she was on her way to her friend's house and I told her to text or call me as soon as she got there. I never got a call or text. I just figured that her phone had died." Ms.Usorosaid " Who was the friend that she was going to" I asked "Her name was Elora she is 15." She replied on the verge of crying. "Ma'am  calm down we are going to find your daughter okay." I lead her outside the room so I can talk to my team. "Okay guys we have to talk to the dad I don't know but something just isn't right" So we brought the dad in for questioning. " I have nothing to do with this. I told her not to go to that girl's house,but she nevers listens to me. She only listens to her mother and they are just alike." I was surprised that he would say something like that. I thought it was just because he was scared for his daughter and wanted us to find her. “ Sir did you ever talk to her about this behavior?” “ “Yes multiple times but she never listened. Her mother always said that “It’s just a phase.” I never thought it was a phase.” He said. “You never thought what was a phase?” “Her being lesiban, I never liked it but I loved her so I thought if I never shown her love she would stop.” He said with deep regret in his voice. “But sir with all do respect you change anyone if she likes girls she likes girls it doesn’t matter who she loves so who cares.” At first I was furious and maybe he was the reason why she disappeared. I showed himself out of the office and called my team. Once I got everyone in I told them everything. “So it turns out the daughter liked girls and well Mr.Usoro didn’t think that it wasn’t right but so he didn’t put as much effort into the father and daughter relationship  so he basically ran her out the house and her mother was trying to convince her father  that it was something that it was just a phase and he didn’t have to worry and seeing that she ran to her friend’s house or girlfriend we don’t really know so it could be a good idea to take Elora in for questioning.” The all nodded but on of my teammates Darrel asked me something. “What is wrong are you okay?” “I am fine… well not really it was just what Mr.Usoro had said about his daughter like she was a stranger like why would he be so mean to his daughter.” “I know it’s going to be okay all right let’s go.” I like Darrel but as a friend he was so nice I don’t understand why he doesn’t have a girlfriend. Anyways that is past the point, we got inside of the truck and drove to Elora’s house once we got there we heard someone in the backyard like a muffled sound and we saw Elora drowning it turns out that she went swimming and slipped and before she could catch herself she fell and her parents were inside so they couldn’t help her. Once we took Elora out of the pool and calmed her down we asked her some questions. “ Elora when was the last time you saw Bexely?” “ T-t-the last time I saw her was a few days ago when she came crying to me about her dad not accepting her for who she was.” “Okay but did she ever have any feelings toward you in anyway?” “No, if she did she would have told me about it.” “Are you sure because maybe she knew that you were straight and maybe she liked you but she knew you wouldn’t like her in any way.” “Maybe.” After we got the information we conclude that Bexley’s father is the one who took her and hid her away. “It’s Bexely’s dad! We have to get back to the house now before he kills her, let's go now!” We speed all the way back to her house to only find her parents crying on the couch. My phone started to ring and I heard a male  voice. “You are too late. I already killed her. I have never liked her hanging around my daughter and her filthiness.” Then he hung up. “It was Elora’s father we have to go back to Elora’s house to arrest him. Let's move out.” Once we got there I told Darell to stay there with Bexley parents. We were wrong the whole time. I couldn’t believe how wrong we were. Once we got there we arrested the man and well now he is going to be in jail 2-years.

THANK YOU FOR READING MY NAME IS KIMANI BONNER




December 17, 2020 15:39

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

ALINA Manha
01:26 Dec 29, 2020

Hi! Kimani👋🏻 You story is really good. I loved it. You Did a great job writing this story. I mean your first story. It kept me hooked till the end. Keep on writing!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Kimani Bonner
05:01 Dec 22, 2020

This was my first story I just re-read it and I found some mistakes so if you read this can you please comment on this I would love some feedback on how I did and how I can do better And always be positive ;)

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.