2 comments

Mystery Christmas Funny

Yoonki got a call from his friend one late afternoon. It was only a few days till Christmas and Yoonki knew that Jaemin should be busy with his bakery.


"Hey. What's up?" Yoonki asked.


"I need your help again. It's really important."


"Is it about your mom again?"


"No. It's about my bakery."


"Why do you need a detective for a bakery?"


"It's REALLY important. Can you just come over? Right now!"


"Alright. Whatever. I was in the middle of watching that new drama "Find Me" so this had better be good."


"You watch the Please series?! I love that series!"


"It is an amazing series. I just hope that season two comes out before I finish season one."


"I heard there are gonna be, like, six to eight seasons so good luck trying not to end up on a cliff hanger."


"Whatever. I'm heading over now."


Thirty minutes later, Yoonki pulled up to his friends bakery and stepped out of the cab. He thanked the driver and paid him before heading inside the closed shop. He found his friend pacing in the kitchen.


"What was so urgent that I had to come over here?"


"Someone broke into my shop last night!"


"How do you know? I don't see any broken glass or anything else that would indicate that there had been a break in."


"Something's missing and it's really important. I can't have my Christmas party without them! It just won't be the same!"


"What are you missing?"


"It's a secret ingredient. I can't tell you but it's for my Yaksik. I can't make my Yaksik without them!!"


"Just get a different kind of nut or buy more or something."


"It's not nuts that I'm missing. It's something more important. And, I've tried buying more. Every time I buy more, they're gone by the next day!"


"How am I supposed to help you if there's nothing to work with?"


"I'm sorry. You're supposed to be the detective. Can't you look around and find fingerprints or something?"


"That takes special equipment."


"Use your equipment then!"


"I would if I had it! You hurried me out the door so I didn't bring anything!"


"You're still a detective. Isn't there something you can do?"


"I'll take a look at your locks and any opening that people could use to get in but I can't guarantee anything."


"Thanks."


Yoonki started to look at all of the doors and windows in the bakery. He couldn't find a single scratch or anything else that would signify a break-in.


"Did you find anything?"


"No. Whoever stole your "secret ingredient" must've stolen it during the day."


" How would they be able to do that with all the people around?"


"I don't know. I'm sure they would find a way if your "secret ingredient" is as special as you say it is."


"What are you gonna do now?"


"I don't have anything to do tomorrow so I'll hang out at you're place for the day and see if I can find anything. Tell yours workers to also keep an eye on things."


"Okay. I'll see you tomorrow." Yoonki started to walk out but stopped. "And, don't buy any more of your "secret ingredient" for now."


"Okay, but, please hurry, then. The Christmas party is in a little more than a week and I can't have the party without my Yaksik!"


"Got it." Yoonki headed out.


The next day, Yoonki dressed an an outfit that he found comfortable but stylish enough to go out in. He wore black jeans, a white T-shirt that was slightly big on him, a green jacket, black combat boots and a black hat that he put on backwards. The outfit looked pretty Christmas-y if you added his dark red hard into the mixture. Black like the night, green like a Christmas tree, red like the decorations on the house, white like the fallling snow, it all fit perfectly and Yoonki was very satisfied with it.


He headed to the bakery with his computer at eight in the morning and he kept an eye on things all day. He never saw single suspicious person or act. No one ever caught his eye. After the day was over, Yoonki headed over to talk to Jaemin about the next plan that he had come up with while sitting there all day.


"Did anyone spot anything suspicious?" Yoonki asked.


"No. Nothing suspicious."


"I have another plan then."


"What is it?"


"Buy your "secret ingredient" and leave it where you always do tonight. We'll see if anyone comes tomorrow. Maybe they have something that tells them whether or not you've restocked."


The next day Yoonki headed back with a new outfit. He still wore black jeans (A different pair of course) but, from there, it changed. He had a red sweater on that had long enough arms that he could have sweater paws if he wanted. He had a black, satin, suit coat over that. He accessorized with a black belt and black converse. It seemed like an unlikely outfit but it looked a lot better than he thought it would. He nodded at himself in the mirror before heading out for another, tiring day at the bakery.


Once again, the whole day, he didn't see a single suspicious thing. He was getting annoyed because he had better things to be doing. He came up with one last plan and, at the end of the day, he relayed the plan to Jaemin.


"I brought a camera today. We're gonna put it up tonight and find out, once and for all, who's stealing your "secret ingredient."


Yoonki set up the camera and Jaemin restocked the shelf once more. They both left the shop in hopes that they would really catch the culprit this time.


The next day, Yoonki picked an outfit, hoping it would be his last outfit for the bakery. Yoonki wore black, dress pants with a black and white striped shirt. He put a large, red, suit coat over that and wore black dress shoes too. He looked at himself and then shook his head. The outfit was missing something. After contemplating it for a good while he walked to his closet and pulled out a black fedora. He set it on his head an looked in the mirror. He nodded and lightly smiled before heading out.


When he got to the store, Jaemin was already excitedly waiting inside for him. Yoonki went to grab the camera and then went through the footage quietly while Jaemin tried to lean over the table to see. After a few minutes Yoonki's expression changed to a look of shock and then he laughed.


"You won't believe this!" Yoonki said. Jaemin stood up and walked around the table to peer at the camera and see what Yoonki was laughing at.


The video showed a raccoon climbing through his chimney and opening his fireplace from the inside. The raccoon then went straight to the shelf and grabbed the jar of Persimmons. The raccoon ate all of them, threw the trash away, put the jar back and then climbed back out through the chimney. Jaemin didn't want to laugh but he had to admit that it was a very strange sight.


"What am I going to do now?"


"I've heard that raccoons don't like strange sounds. Maybe you can play music at night?"


"I think that would be a waste of electricity."


"You could spray peppermint oil up the chimney and around that room. I've read the raccoons have a great sense of smell and peppermint is a smell that really bothers them."


"I don't want my bakery to smell like peppermint!"


"Well then ... get a lock for your fireplace or something! I don't know! My work here is done. I'm leaving."


"Thanks for your help. I'll just get a lock."


"Your welcome. Don't call me again until Christmas is over."


And that's how Yoonki saved Christmas and stopped the "Secret Ingredient Thief" (Kind of)

December 10, 2020 07:02

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

05:07 Dec 17, 2020

This is a quaint story line. Keep writing.

Reply

Emma Harris
19:14 Dec 17, 2020

Thank you! I sure try to keep it interesting.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.