4 comments

Fiction Thriller

Power

Fame

Money

The world is thriving for these worldly possessions although, we will leave everything behind after we depart from our soul. People spend all their life fighting and working for their needs but, some people choose the easy way. They choose to steal, rob and murder people for money and power. They use their power and their money to get fame. Zaiden was a robber and a thief. He was so obsessed with earning money in easy way that he became a total psycho who could kill anyone for money. He was also a wanted criminal. October 2020, he was caught while trying to rob a vigilante. The vigilante decided to hand him to the police instead of punishing him, because he could get a really big sum of money and he needed it. So, Zaiden went to the jail for the crimes he committed. He was sentenced to lifetime imprisonment.

The sky turned dark really soon. When Zaiden was about to sleep, he heard someone calling him from beneath the rock. He was not sure if he was just hallucinating it or if it was really happening. He searched for the source of the voice but, he couldn't find anything. The voice then spoke, "I shall grant you a wish if you start keeping track of time with tally marks on the wall." He was not sure if he was dreaming or if it was really happening. However, from the next day he started keeping track of the days he spent by drawing tally bars on the wall. Years went by and Zaiden kind of enjoyed keeping track of his time. Five years had already passed by. He was becoming a greater person day by day. And one night, he dreamt something strange. However, he couldn't remember what it exactly was and he as usual went to the wall where he kept track of his days. But, BOOM! The wall was empty. He was so shocked and stressed that he fainted. When Zaiden came into his senses he realized that he was in the cell that he used to be in 5 years ago, he looked at his hands and it felt so young, he felt no pain in his body where he was tortured last night by an angry guard. He was totally confused, so he asked a guard, "Excuse me! Could you please tell me what year is going on right now?" The guard replied, " Have you gone insane? Its just your first day and you are behaving this way, you are supposed to spend your whole life here. It's still 2020, Idiot Murderer."

Zaiden was utterly shocked. He couldn't believe what was happening and then again, he heard a voice, "Zaiden I stole your time but, don't worry I shall keep my promise and grant you a wish! Ask what do you want!" Zaiden was speechless for a moment although he replied, " I don't want anything because, I am getting punished and I deserve it and I no longer wish of anything. The only wish I have is Death, so please take my life."

The voice replied, "Well you shall get what you wish for!"

But nothing happened. The next day, a girl came to visit Zaiden, he couldn't recognize her but, as soon as their eyes met, Zaiden realized she was the love of his life. And that gave him a hope to live. She just silently stared at him with eyes full of tears and she left. Zaiden started regretting all his doings but, he couldn't take that back. He wanted to live and spend his life with his love and go out of the prison, he regretted wishing to die.

He regretted all his doings. He felt his heart pumping as if it would explode right away. He suffered through pain. All the flashbacks of his killings appeared before him. The people begging for their life, Children crying for help, Old people cursing him for stealing their lifetime savings. and his mom whom he killed for selling her organs. Yeah he was just 14, when he started stealing. He was a fatherless child who was really poor. His mother had to work 2 jobs to support the family and he was the only child. He was bullied by his friends for wearing cheap clothes and carrying bags made out of plastic. He was tired of all the bullying so one day, he went to his friend's house and stole a bag. He went home and found that the bag had plenty of money in it. And he bought so many toys and clothes for himself. His mother didn't notice it at all because she was really tired after working two jobs that she hardly had any time. One day, he heard few people talking about illegal organ selling and how much profit it brought. Zaiden had practically become an addict of earning money in easy way so he called them and said that he could offer them organs. They said they would give him a large sum of money if he was successful to bring the organs but, if he failed they would kill him. He was provided with all the necessary tools. So, he went home waited for his mother to come and fall asleep and when she did, he killed her and dissected her and sold her to the vendors in exchange of a large sum of money. He regretted doing that, he missed his mother, the warm hug that comforted him in his hard times, he missed it. He cursed himself for being blind for money. He remembered his love, he remembered how they met and he initially was just using her because her father was a rich businessman but ended up falling for her. He imagined himself , living with his wife and having children. He imagined working in an office, he imagined supporting his mother in her old age. But it was all just his imaginations. He had lost himself trying to make money in an easy way. He was ashamed of himself but, there was no point regretting it. He felt asleep imagining things.

But, however the next day, Zaiden Smith was found dead in the prison.

Moral: You must face the consequences of the mistakes you made. There is no turning back.

December 24, 2020 18:29

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

4 comments

I like the concept on the story and the moral at the end of it. I do think that this story is a little wordy. You could have put more descriptions but other than that the story itself is good. :)

Reply

Shreeya Shrestha
17:56 Jan 04, 2021

Thank you so much for the feedback~ :)

Reply

you're welcome =) do you mind checking out my new story? also let me know once you edit your story (if you decide to edit it)

Reply

Shreeya Shrestha
15:43 Jan 05, 2021

Oh! I would love to check out your story :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.