Venomous Cure

Submitted into Contest #48 in response to: Write about someone who has a superpower.... view prompt

0 comments

Fantasy

 My name is Josh and I’m 18 years old, first thing you need to know is that my sister Natalie is the person the I love the most in this world. You may be thinking, How about your parents? Well my mom died when I was 13 and my dad was the cause of my world being destroyed. 5 years ago, I was very sick, and so you don’t have to do the math, yes, I was 13 years old. I was basically all day in a hospital bed, yes, I know, Boring. A few weeks later my dad, who works in Nova, a very cool scientist place, discovered a cure for me. But little did he know that it would destroy us and become a venomous cure. The day after I got cured, me and my family went on a trip, all the sudden we hear car crashes in front of us. Everyone who made it out of their cars started running into the woods. My mom started taking us out of the car and we as well started rushing into the woods without getting close or talking to anybody. Some people around us started staring very awkwardly to my family, we did not know what was going on. A woman approaches my dad. “Sir, this is all your fault”, she said. We were all confused, I said to my self how was this tragedy all my dad’s fault. My dad took out his phone and we started walking away from all the people, we went further and further. After an hour of walking it was getting dark and I was scared, I remember holding my sister’s hand and walking up a green box and walking into it. The next day, I woke up and it was only me, my sister and my mom, my dad was gone. That morning we ate breakfast and we heard banging on the bonkers door. “I’ll go open it it’s probably dad”, my sister said. My mom started rushing to my sister and said, “Don’t open it, if it was your dad, he could have just got in. He is the only one that can open it”. The banging on the door was still going and my sister was convinced that it was dad. My mom ended up opening the door and no, it was not dad it was a very tall man dressed in black trying to get in, getting away from the people. All the sudden when my mom touches the man, both turned into ashes. My sister rapidly closed the door from the bonkers, we were both shocked, confused, and did not know what to do next. The day after, Natalie prepares breakfast for us, we ate, showered, took naps, ate dinner, we did the same thing over and over for years. Now we are going to the present day, 5 years later. I was getting desperate and wanted to get out. I was 18 years old, stuck in a bonkers. My sister did not want us to get out at any point because it was too dangerous, and we did not know what was going on. Long story short, one day I thought I was dreaming, but I saw my dad he was in a big yellow suit, as soon as he saw I was awake he left without saying a word to me or my sister. The morning after, Natalie turned on a phone my dad had left, there was a video he had recorded explaining what was happening in the world and why we needed to stay safe in the bonkers. He explained that there were other bonkers he had made them for us in case of an emergency. Since, our food was not enough we had to move on carefully to the other bonkers. We had to also wear a yellow suit and cover out faces, because they wanted me. Me and Natalie started heading out to the next bonkers, we heard noises, so we decided to slow down. After 20 minutes of walking and seeing nature for the first time after 5 years, we saw people approaching us. They looked scared, so we gave them food. We all together went to the bonkers and after we spent almost a whole year looking for my dad. The day we found him, his people wanted to take me away, including him. It all turns out that I had a venomous cure. It basically was a cure for the people who were sick but if I used it wrong I could kill people. After finding out that, well, I was dangerous, I totally blacked out. My dad was trying to take the cure from my body, but it was so attached that it could kill me if they tried to remove it. I would just become furious and without knowing I can kill the one's who tried taking it out. My dad ended up hating me for killing his best people. The whole world was against me and my sister the person that I love the most, was scared of me. I ended up killing a lot of people, I fell in love, killed her too. And I just wanted to die too. We all went from places to places and tried to find food and water. I started to practice on how to use the cure, turns out after a few weeks I actually started saving people. There was this one girl that was very sick my sister was holding her, when I tried saving her, the cure passed to my sister. Instead of saving that girl I killed my sister. The day I will never forget, the worst day of my life. I wanted to save her so bad, but I couldn't. I started hating myself, I stopped saving people. The rest of my days were dark, without her I could not do anything, without her I did not survive. I thought I had superpowers and could save people, but instead I had the venomous cure.

July 02, 2020 19:17

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.