After Party Tidy Up

Submitted into Contest #93 in response to: Write your story about two characters tidying up after a party.... view prompt

2 comments

Drama Romance

Who told you it’s okay to invite five hundred people to my house?” I glared at Min Ki.

The spilt drinks and dirty plates were making my blood boil.

My house looked like a dumpster.

And I, as a clean freak, would not allow that in my household.

“Woah back up there, I didn’t invite five hundred, I invited ten!” He protested.

We stood there, in front of all the mess created after the party.

I began to pick up all the paper plates and cups.

“What are you waiting for? Start cleaning!” I bellowed at Min Ki, somewhat in a rude way.

“Honey… I’m sorry! I thought you would like it if people visit us…” He apologized and bowed his head.

My temper cooled down a bit. That’s my weakness. I can’t stay angry for long. Especially at my boyfriend.

I nodded and we both started cleaning.

Ring ring!

I answered my phone.

“Heyooo,” My brother greeted.

“Hmm,” I hummed.

“Woah what happened? Is something going on? Are you feeling sad?”

I thought about whether I should tell him about the party my boyfriend decided to throw for no reason.

“Nah, not really, everything’s good. What about you?” I lied.

“I’m coming to your house today!” He exclaimed.

Oh my goodness. That was sudden. Why today out of all days?!

“You see, I’m here for a business trip! So I decided to be a good brother and visit you! I’ll reach by around 7P.M., make something good for dinner, okay?”

“YEAH, SURE, GOODBYE.” I cut the call abruptly and looked at the time.

4P.M.

Of course, I panicked. 

My house was a mess and would take about 3 days to clean up, and my brother is coming. Today.

Just great.

“You look stressed,” Min-Ki came up to me. 

“My brother is coming. Today. By 7 ‘o'clock. Only if someone didn't host a party I would've been okay.”

I would’ve laughed at his expression if I wasn’t so anxious at the moment.

“Let’s start cleaning then, eh?” He chuckled nervously.

We both rushed to tidy up.

I started mopping the floor while Min-Ki cleaned all the trash.

“AAH-” I suddenly slipped and fell down. 

If I get a dollar for all the times I am clumsy, I would’ve been a billionaire by now.

Min Ki helped me sit down on the sofa. 

“I’ll bring the first-aid kit,” He said, rushing to the cupboard. 

It would take too long to take care of me and clean up.

“Don’t. Just… clean up everything.” I told him. “We don’t have much time, and if my brother finds out…” 

“But you’re hurt-”

“I’m not!” I stood up just to fall back on the sofa as pain shot through my foot.

“See?” Min Ki mumbled. “I’ll clean everything myself, you just stay there and don’t move.”

I nodded and let him do all the work.

I rested, watching him do all the cleaning and making dinner. I felt really guilty for being rude to him. 

💜After Two Hours💜

Min Ki was done with cleaning up and my house was looking normal again.

I decided to apologize to him. He did so much work while I just sat there and ate Doritos.

He plopped down beside me putting his head on my shoulder.

“I’m sorry, dear… I shouldn’t have been so rude to you…” I caressed his head.

“It’s okay.” He smiled and looked up at me.

What did I ever do to deserve such a kind person like him?

“Can I ask you something?” He said.

I hummed in response, playing with his silk-like hair.

“You looked pretty tired. I thought a party would cheer you up… That’s why I invited our friends. But you seemed even more stressed. Whenever I'm down, I just have a blast to cheer up. But it didn't work for you?"

I chuckled. “A party? That is stressful. How can you not feel tired after throwing a party?”

He thought about it, “Well, you talk to other people and have fun socializing at a party?” 

I shook my head “Socializing? Sounds scary.” 

“I should really try to get to know you more, we’re a lot different!” He said holding my hand.

I smiled. 

"Oh! I almost forgot! I'll bring something for your foot."

He took concern of me and I couldn't help but grin widely at how caring he was.

After putting a bandage on my ankle, he went to the kitchen to prepare dinner. My brother would probably be here in a while.

Ring ring!

“Your brother again?” Min Ki asked as I picked up my mobile.

I nodded and put the phone on speaker.

“Hey, sis…”

“Did your boss scold you again?" I questioned as I noticed his tone, "you sound dull."

“No, it's just... I would not be able to visit today… My boss said we have to work overtime.”

My jaw dropped. 

We did so much work cleaning up just for my brother and now he’s not even coming. 

“I’ll come tomorrow!” His tone suddenly changed from sad to cheerful.

I cut the phone and looked at Min-Ki with a poker face.

He just laughed. "Murphy's Law?" 

Totally.

“Come on, let’s watch some K-Drama.” He put an arm around me and turned on the T.V.

A/N: My first story which has romance (I can't believe my first story on Reedsy would be a romantic one). Sorry, it's not good. This was rushed so it's not good. I didn't even edit properly. Will make a good one next time. . Alright see ya later fellas I'll go hibernate for 3 months now.

I purple you💜 


May 14, 2021 16:36

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Dhwani Jain
11:04 Jun 29, 2021

Wow! I really like this story, TOWW (sorry, I am too lazy to type your full Reedsy name)!! And yes, we all have the ONE person in our family who says they're coming right over and then either don't come, or come late, as in very late. Also, drink water (you asked for it in your bio..)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Philia S
16:45 May 14, 2021

OMGOSH, WONDERFUL STORY!!!! Except that name made me laugh a leetle >:) I'll ROAST IT, DON'T WORRY; WHEN I GET THE TIME TO DO IT PROPERLY!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.