My story is entitled the young man with a cynical character Joel Black got Amnesia on Christmas Eve.

Written in response to: Write a story in which a cynical character gets amnesia on Christmas Eve.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Creative Nonfiction Mystery

My story is entitled the young man with a cynical character got Amnesia on Christmas Eve.


Once upon a time,the young man with some sort of cynical character by name Joel Black got very ill during the Christmas Eve,he was suffering from Amnesia when the doctor diagnosed him.

Amnesia also refers to the loss of memories including facts, information and other experiences.

Again it was noted that Joel Black became very ill and he was severely suffering from Amnesia.

The young man Joel Black had a loss of memories and information. Also rumours had it that Joel Black hardly remember his family and even his younger siblings.


Other times, Joel Black was often named as physically challenged due to the fact that the had a loss of memories and information about his family and himself.

The young man Joel Black was among the people with Amnesia, he was suffering from Amnesia syndrome.

Also due to the Amnesia syndrome Joel Black had the trouble of learning new information and thereby forming all sorts of new memories in the community.

It can be noted that Amnesia caused the damage to the area of the brain that are often vital for memory processing of the brain.

There is memory loss of the brain called transient global Amnesia.

It can be noted that Amnesia can be permanent as in the scenario of Joel Blacks experience.

Others argued that there is no specific treatment for Amnesia but the treatment can be directed to an underlying cause.

There are other tips to enhance the memory loss that often occurs during Amnesia especially in the case of Joel Black. Also people with Amnesia and their families often face all sorts of challenges within the community.


In addition, Joel Black experienced the symptoms of Amnesia. The two main factors and symptoms of Amnesia are stipulated below. Amongs them includes

The trouble of learning new information.

Also the trouble of remembering past events and other previously familiar information.

People with Amnesia have problems with short-term memory as in the scenario of Joel Black due to this issue they can't retain new information.

It can be noted that recent memories are most likely to be lost by all.

Others argue that more remote or deeply ingrained memories may be spared at most times.

The isolated memory loss does not affect a person's intelligence,general knowledge or his or her attention span.


However Amnesia doesn't affect judgement personality or identify.

Sometimes people with Amnesia can usually understand written and spoken words and then can learn skills such as piano playing and bike riding.

Also in the case of Joel Black they may seek to understand that they do have a memory disorder such as Amnesia.

Some also argue that Amnesia isn't the same as Dementia.

Again Dementia often includes memory loss but also involves other problems with thinking that leads to a decline in daily functioning.

These problems also included having trouble with language judgement and other visual spatial skills.

Amnesia which is a memory loss is a common symptom of mild cognitive impairment.

The disorder involves memory and other cognitive problems that are not severe as those experienced in dementia problems.

Other additional symptoms of Amnesia depends on the cause of the Amnesia.

Among the other symptoms of Amnesia incudes

The false memories that are completely invented or are real memories misplaced in time.

Confusion or disorientation.


There are instances when to see a doctor ,when one is suffering from Amnesia. Also anyone who experiences unexplained memory loss ,head injury or some sort of confusion requires immediate medical attention in the hospital.

Other people with Amnesia may not know where to seek medical care.

Doctors often cautioned that when someone you know has symptoms of Amnesia,it is better and best to help the person get some sort of medical attention.

Also other causes of Amnesia is that it involves injury that affects the brain and that that can affect the memory.

Again Amnesia can result from the damage to other brain structures that forns the limbic system, which seeks to control emotions and memories in most adults and children.

Also the lamus is found deep within the center of the brain. They also include the hippocampal formation found within the temperal lobes of the brain .

Rumours had it that Amnesia caused by brain injury or damage is known as Neurological Amnesia.


It is stipulated below that the possible causes of Neurological Amnesia includes

1. Stroke

2. Brain inflammation which may be due to an infection with a virus such as herpes simplex virus

It can also be due to an autoimmune reaction in the absence of cancer.


When there is no enough oxygen in the brain. This may happen as a result of a heart attack respiratory disorders or carbon monoxide poisoning.

Again the long-term alcohol misuse that leads to too little vitamin B-1 is known as thiamin in the body.


However when this happens it is called the Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome that causes Amnesia.

Diseases such as Alzheimer's and other diseases involves the degeneration of nerve tissue that easily causes Amnesia.

Seizures also causes Amnesia.

Medicines such as benzodiazepines and others act as sedatives which causes Neurological Amnesia.

Other times ,head injury causes concussion that can lead to confusion and other problems remembering new information that also leads to Amnesia.


Some mild head injuries typically doesn't cause lasting Amnesia but more severe head injuries that may cause permanent Amnesia.

Also another type of Amnesia called dissociative Amnesia occurs during emotional shock or trauma.

Again it can result from being the victim of a violent crime or experiencing other trauma. This disorder occurs when people may lose personal memories and other information about their lives. The memory loss during Amnesia is usually brief.

The young man Joel Black also experienced Amnesia. The chance of developing Amnesia might increase at all times due to the following conditions:

1. Brain surgery,head injury or trauma.

2. Stroke.

3. Alcohol abuse.

4. Seizures


There are complications with Amnesia. It can be noted that Amnesia varies in severity and scope. Even mild Amnesia takes a toll of daily activities and the quality of life.

The syndrome can possibly cause problems of work at school and other social settings.

Other people with severe memory problems need to be supervised or need to live in a care facility.


There are other preventions to the cause of Amnesia. The damage to the brain can be a root cause of Amnesia.

There are steps to minimize the chances of brain injury as Joel Black was cautioned.

Amongs what minimizes the chances of Amnesia includes

1. Do not drink large amounts of Alcohol.

2. Frequently wear a helmet when bicycling and a seat belt always when driving to reduce the risk of getting Amnesia.

3. As often treat infections quickly so that they possibly don't have a chance to spread to the brain.

Always get immediate medical attention or treatment if you have symptoms that often suggests a stroke or brain aneurysm. Among the symptoms that Joel Black experienced includes severe headache ,feeling numb on one side of the body or not being able to move on one side of the body due to that he consulted a doctor for some medication.


Finally, I will like to conclude that Joel Black experienced Amnesia for a long time and he often tried to cure the Amnesia disease by minimising his chances of the spread of the disease in the hospital and also by taking his medication regularly,until he was able to recover for a while.

December 21, 2023 04:24

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.