Beauty in the Heart : first impression is not always last impression

Submitted into Contest #56 in response to: Write a story about two people meeting during unusual circumstances and becoming fast friends.... view prompt

10 comments

Fantasy


This story is about the first meeting of Someone special in Sujan's life.. She never had expected that her first meeting with her future love will be that embarrassing but will change her so much that she would forget her crush.

  A girl named Sujain was a big fond of a singer Peter. No one has seen the face of that singer including Sujain but she had him in her heart. He was her only crush. She always forget everything around her while listening his songs. That's why her mother didn't like her madness towards him.She used to see her first date with him in her dream. One day she got to knew that he was coming to her city for a concert at night. 

She requested her mother to let her go but she refused. But she jumped out of her room through window to go in the concert but unfortunately some street dogs started barking at her , she was much afraid of dogs so she ran here and there to save herself and because of it when she arrived at the concert , it was late , peter had already gone.

 She was sad and regretful. She came out for fresh air and was standing , starring at the sky. She noticed that someone was standing behind her , she turned and was frowned.

There was a man with too many black spot on his face. He was not just looking ugly, his face was too horrible so that she couldn't stop herself from screaming. She was frightened,taking few steps back but behind her was a ditch. Her leg slipped and she was about to fall in the ditch but he grabbed her wrist at time and pulled her up.She took a sigh of relief and the man felt so much embarrassed that a girl was frightened by his ugly face, he turned and left.Sujain regretted her behavior so much


A car was passing before her and she heard from the noise that it was peter's car so she started following that car and arrived at Peter's apartment where he was staying for few days. 

She entered the apartment but she was stunned now because she saw that ugly man there.

" Can I meet Peter?" 

She asked while swallowing her saliva.

" No.. he doesn't meet anyone." 

" Please let me meet him for one time.. and who are you?..I'm really sorry for my misbehavior " 

She pleaded him to let her meet peter and also apologized for her behavior.

" I'm his PA and I'm sorry I can't let u meet him..you may leave now." 


Sujain had to come with disappointed face.

After some days she again heard a news about his concert. This time she managed to take her mother's permission and was going to attend the concert but in the middle her car got some problem. She was anxious, angry and disappointed now.

She was asking people for lift but noone was stopping their cars but then a car stopped and the door of back seat was opened. She hurriedly came in and said..

" Thanks for your..." 

But was surprised that he was none other than that ugly man. She thanked him and found that he was very gentleman.

" May I know your name?" She asked.

" People call me ugly man..you can also call me that." 

She felt bad for him.

" You are not ugly.. you are beautiful because your heart is kind.Beauty is not about the physical charm , inner beauty is the true beauty and you have the true beauty." 

She said with smile while he was staring at her blankly. 

" No girl had said to me like this." 

" May be you didn't meet a good girl"

Then they chatted with each other until

She arrived at the concert but couldn't see Peter's face because he was wearing a mask while singing. After concert was over , she tried to meet him but couldn't meet him. She was again disappointed but her determination was strong.

She started following his all concert to see his face but she always missed that chance but she always meet his PA and chat with him. She didn't know when she started liking his company. Slowly the reason of her attending the concert changed. 

Now she attained concerts not to see Peter but spending some time with that ugly man. She realized that she had fallen in love with him.


One day she decided to propose him and after the concert she confessed her feelings to him but what she didn't expect was the magic that happened after her confession.That ugly man changed into a very handsome and charming man. He was lookong like the prince of an empire. She was stunned now. What happened just now?

She asked him about it. 

He replied

" I used to be very handsome guy and i was very proud of it , I was an egoist person. Many girls have fallen in love with me but I rejected all of them by insulting them.One day a girl confessed me and asusual I insulted her but I didn't no who she was,She cursed me that my face would become that ugly so that no girl would love me and I become like that. I regretted now,I regretted all my bad deeds. I apologized to her wholeheartedly but she said if any girl love me with my ugly face I would come back to my real appearance but I myself know that no girl would love that ugly man..but I didn't expect that you..you will.." 

Sujain become very happy , he was also overjoyed. Out of excitement he started singing. After listening to his singing voice Sujain was again stunned because it was the voice of Peter. She couldn't make mistake in.recognizing his voice.

 That man also noticed her and said

 " Yes..I'm Peter." 

" What..?" 

She was shocked.

" Actually first day when I saw you..I fell in love with you but I was afraid the you wouldn't love me because of this ugly face..but I was happy that I could meet you due to concert's excuses. I got to know that you like peter. But If I would tell you that I was peter and your crush has the ugliest face in the world. You wouldn't love him anymore and you wouldn't come to concert and I wouldn't get the chance to meet you..so I hide my identity.. But today I understand that you loved me not peter..right?" 

" Yes..though I used to come for Peter but soon my reason of attaining concert changed. I come for you not for Peter. But I'm too happy now because I got my both love in just one person..It's like two in one offer.."

Then they both started laughing while hugging each other Thereafter everything was beautiful in their life because they themselves were beautiful by their hearts They had the true beauty of heart with artificial beauty of physical charms.


That's how the embarrassing first meeting changed into the loving incident which they never wanna forget. 


August 22, 2020 02:06

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

10 comments

Doubra Akika
13:25 Aug 23, 2020

Your concept was really nice. I think you should work on your grammar because it can take a lot away from your writing. I use Grammarly and ProWritingAid when I write. It could help. Also try to work on showing and not telling. Have a nice day and stay safe!

Reply

Laiba Noor
02:16 Aug 24, 2020

Thanks for ur advice ☺ And I also like to show instead of telling but my story was long and I had to do this to finish it in 3000 words.

Reply

Doubra Akika
06:08 Aug 24, 2020

Ohhh okay! I get it now and it was my pleasure! If you ever get the time, would you mind checking out my recent story? I’d love your feedback!

Reply

Laiba Noor
06:14 Aug 24, 2020

Of course..I'll read in my free time and also give my opinions about your story..!!

Reply

Doubra Akika
07:01 Aug 24, 2020

Thanks so much!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Syeda Fatima
07:50 Sep 05, 2020

wow.. you write well! all the theme ride was excellent. keep improving laiba!

Reply

Laiba Noor
09:36 Sep 05, 2020

Thank you..!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Jamela Faye
14:09 Aug 29, 2020

This is more understandable than your previous, let's just practice our grammar. Lol

Reply

Laiba Noor
14:16 Aug 29, 2020

But I didn't arrange it on paragraphs..I was asking about my latest story but thanks to read this also..And yeah still working on grammar..

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Shakil Ahmed
02:19 Aug 22, 2020

Nice

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.