0 comments

Fantasy Teens & Young Adult

In a land hidden from all human eyes, laid a Mystical Realm full of creatures filled with mystical properties and energies. 

Two little Furries with skin paler than any cloud laughed at a boy with matching features to one of the girls, as they walked along a tree branch without any difficulties with their claw shaped feet.

“Nyx. You have been summoned by the high reign.” An adult furry said in a stern voice. He had red painted feathers clearly showing in his large wings; the mark of a soldier in the Wing Queen’s army.

“You wanted to see me, high reign?” The six year old child said in wonder. This in particular child had long, pale blonde hair, it was almost as fair as her skin.

“How much do you want to beat your brother for future Wing Queen?” Her voice kind, sweet. Something was off, she was never this nice.

“Oh, High Reign. I would love nothing more, but unfortunately he was more leadership skills than I.” 

“I find heard whispers about a golden child that was born a few years ago and left in the human world. This child is special, as she is the first elemental to ever receive all four elements; making her the first ever Phoenix.”

“Wow! That is so rare, but-

“I need you to go to this human world and protect her, she will not Manifest her abilities until her eighth birthday at midnight. You must help train her so she’s prepared and if nothing should go aye, then I will make sure you beat your brother and become the next Wing Queen after my death.”

“It’s a deal, high reign” the child replied with glee, as she never wanted anything more than being the leader of her species.

The child immediately was sent to the human village. Once there, she was under a glamour to blend in with the new world that she was in.

She became quick finds with her target, as she filled her in with her mission. 

For the following two years, the furry child prepared the prodigy with everything that she needed to know about her Manifest day, and what will happen to her when she gains her rare abilities.

“Do not be afraid, we’ve been training for this since we met. You are ready.” Nyx coos as she and the golden blonde sneak out of their rooms and down to the empty yard in the back of the orphanage. 

Only minutes until her entire life was about to change permanently, but was she mentally ready to carry the burden of being the first Phoenix? Not even she knew that answer.

Both girls had agreed for being outside during Pluto’s transition of receiving her abilities. The Wing Queen had warned Nyx that this was going to be a brutal night for the both of them, so Nyx knew she better take her somewhere that was quiet with no human interaction in sight.

Emptiness of the dark sky greeted the girls as they opened the large wooden front door. They wondered into the flower garden as the Earth will greatly help Pluto if she’s surrounded by nature’s elements.

Not a single star shone nor the moon appeared within the sky, it was like the gods were ignoring the nature’s loophole.

The smell of wet grass filled their noses as the morning dew sat loosely on the lawn.

As both girls stood, basking in the dark, Little Pluto took in her surroundings. She wanted to experience what it was like to be human, one last time. More than anything, she wanted to capture this memory and hold on to it for eternity. 

“I’m not afraid to transform into my true self, and I really cannot wait until I get to visit the Mystical World. It sounds so beautiful and Mystical.” She breathes letting out a cool, calm breath.

  Pluto’s smile gleamed as her white silk dress illuminated through the darkness. She chose this outfit deliberately, knowing this was the dress code in her home realm, she wanted to feel apart of the ceremony, even though she was miles from her real home.

Nyx had never met someone so confident or calm ever before, she knew she would go into this brave, but she was still astonished to see how natural she seemed when this was anything but normal situation.

“Remember what we talked about with staying calm, your emotions will be linked to you’re abilities, and tonight you will have zero control with what you’re doing. You will just have to wait it out and remain calm, okay?” 

“I understand, and besides I’m not going through it alone. Your Wing Queen sent you here to protect and watch over me, for this very moment. Easy peasy.” She smiled.

“My Wing Queen also wanted me to warn you that because no one had ever become a Phoenix before, not one soul knows what exactly will happen to you tonight.”

“I know, but I’m not afraid” she sang as she twirled with her hands in the air. She was nothing but a silhouette dancing in the darkness.

Silence echoed through the night as both girl’s never uttered another word, they just idly waited for the clock to strike the dreaded time.

“Okay” Nyx spoke out in a calm but stern warm voice. “Ten seconds to go.” She watched the golden blonde as her mood never seemed to sift out of being so calm as she continued to do her twirling. “…Three. Two and one. Happy Manifest Day Pluto.” She whispered.

“Pluto?” Nyx said a little louder as she didn’t hear a reply, she shifts her eyes upon the child who had stopped twirling but is now sitting on the wet grass.

“…”

“Pluto?” Little Nyx asked again.

The child seemed frozen in time as she never moved an inch.

Slowly, the child shifted her head up. She had a blank expression on her face as she just stared at Nyx as if she didn’t know who she was.

“… It burns. It feels like my entire body is being burned alive.” She managed to whisper as she continued to sit there.

“Your body is trying to process your new abilities and will try to fight against it. Only the strongest survive with their abilities as the weakest sadly get mind wiped and tossed into the human world.” Nyx gently said as she sat down to join the child, “but surprisingly, your people haven’t figured that out quite yet, they think it’s some sort of gene mutation.” 

“Is It supposed to feel like this?”

“Nobody knows Pluto.”

Pain surged through the birthday girl’s body as she could no longer have the strength or energy to move and or speak. She continued to sit in silence while staring off into the night.

Pluto’s veins felt like they were exploding as if they were fire works erupting from the inside. Voices that sounded almost like faint whispers floated through the air, whipping the child In the head. 

Nyx sat beside her friend the entire time as she promised her she would, she didn’t entirely know what was going to play out that night but she knew that this was only the tip of the beginning of the eventful night.

Darkness creeped over them as the sound of silence deathened through the furries’s ears as she watched the night slowly metamorphosis into day. Slowly as the night progressed the darkness faded as the sun quietly shone through the trees, penetrating across the flower garden.

Directly after the golden child heard the strange whispers, she levitated through the air as if she were merely as light as a leave. 

Tree branches snapped from nearby trees as giant roots shot out of the earth. They grew quickly as they slithered snake like across the grass.

Nyx stood up, she got a good look of Pluto. The child had a blank expression as if she didn’t realize what she was doing.

“Okay Pluto, block off all outside noise and focus on the roots…Just focus on the roots.” She called from below.

Miraculously the child obeyed, the roots forged their way back deep into the soil as quickly as they came.

“Good…good, now breathe, then calmly focus on the trees. Think about all the branches that fell, calmly picture the trees with their branches as if they were never broken.”

Again, the child silently obeyed, doing exactly what the furry instructed her to do. The branches healed themselves growing new twigs and healthy leaves as the old branches quickly decayed into the dirt, turning into fresh soil.

The night continued the same way, Pluto spiralling and Nyx helping her out. The golden child accidentally blew the trees and Nyx on fire at one point but thankfully, the furry is immune to flames as the trees were able to be burned out and healed. 

The worst part of the night was when she developed the water abilities, all the taps and faucets within the orphanage turned on stimulatingly. Water gushed throughout the building as the pressure built to a breaking point creating a strong current that would drown even the strongest swimmers.

Floor boards crinkled as water seeped through it, the more water that came, the stronger it was, the harder the child had stopping it.

Nyx had to help the child by using her telekinesis gift by pushing the water back into the taps. Eventually all water disappeared the way it came and all damage had been fixed. No human suspected a thing as no sound had been made loud enough.

Just as all wooded floors had been ceiled back to its place, Ember took a step back, feeling a bit faint. Perhaps retaining all these extraordinary abilities were taking to much energy from her.

Light from the sun dimly shone as the sun slowly peaked early in the morning.

“I’m glad you’re here, theres no way I could have done this without-”

As her words dangled through the air, the child fell back, landing on the soft grass unconscious.

“Pluto?…Pluto?”

At that moment, the furry instantly remembered what her Wing Queen had sent her here to do. Her words echoed through her head.

“The child will die from distinguishing too much power, when she does, you must rip out her heart and squeeze all the blood until there’s nothing oozing out. Make sure every drop lands onto the child, then light her on fire.”

“I don’t understand?” Six year old Nyx said.

“The child must Manifest her abilities for the gods to allow her to die. On her Manifest Day, after she gains all her abilities, she will pass out which will lead to her death. That is when she will be at her weakest and you must not hesitate. Or she will wake up in a burst of blames, baring the mark of the true Phoenix. You must not allow that to happen or I have chosen the wrong twin to do this task.”

Eight year old Nyx stood over the dead child as she remembered what task she had to do.

Now was the time to kill the child before she waked into her true self, then no creature would ever be strong enough to capture or kill her ever again.

A deep breath exhaled from the child as she watched her fingers grow into her long, sharp and dark claws. Without a further thought she dug her claws deep into the child’s stomach.

The only thing that sat on her mind was the grand prize, the very thing that made this all worth it; to be Wing Queen. 

Cold air shifted through her bones as she stood over the child with her heart in her claws. For some reason she couldn’t squeeze the blood. She wanted to, she really did but something inside her was stopping her.

Finally after a few attempts, she realized that she was running out of time.

“I’ll find another way to be Wing Queen” she thought to herself as she put the heart back into the child.

Moments later the ground surrounding the child erupted into flames as the child was brought back into the land of the living.

She knew her high reign would be angry and possibly kill her or have her killed, but at least she know had an ally that couldn’t be killed and believed that they were friends. In which she truly was her friend. Nyx actually enjoyed hanging out with the elemental more than she thought she would.

Now she thought that she had a friend for life, that would do anything to protect her.

In a swirl of ash, flames erupted up to six feet into the atmosphere. The golden blonde, prodigy rose through the air, effortlessly.

A slight tinge of smoke wafted through the furrie’s nose as she watched the Mystical Phoenix take flight for the first time.

With speed like a rocket, she landed onto the soft grass. Air tightened around Nyx, as she felt the wind tugging her towards the other child.

“What are you-

“Did you really think you could get away with it.” She harshly whispered as she ripped the furries’s heart out.

“Your thoughts screamed of guilt…and I could never have an ally as weak as you.” The child took off into the darkness as small flames danced upon the burning heart that was tossed onto the wet grass.

November 09, 2020 01:52

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.