My story is entitled Robert Jackson the young writer and an Actor is known as an extrovert by everyone but in reality he is an introvert.

Submitted into Contest #104 in response to: Write about someone who everyone thinks is an extrovert, but is actually an introvert.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Creative Nonfiction Mystery

My story is entitled Robert Jackson the young writer and an Actor is known as an extrovert by everyone but in reality he is an introvert.


An Introvert is a personality type characterized by traits such as reserve, passivity, thoughtfulness and a preference to keep emotional states private. Introverts most comfortably interact in small groups with one-on-one relationships and are always energized by spending time alone. Other people observe Robert Jackson as an extrovert because he has a personality type that can be characterized by traits such as sociability, assertiveness, and cheerfulness. Again as an extroverts, he seems to seek out novelty and excitement and also enjoys being the center of attention of everything. The concept of introversion or extroversion was introduced in 1910 by Carl Gustav Jung, existing as part of a continuum with each personality type at the separate ends of the scale. An introvert as observed as personality trait of Robert Jackson in a movie can be defined as being someone who gets his or her energy from being in his or her own company, having time to ‘recharge’ on their own. Someone who is introverted may appear to be withdrawn and shy, although this may not always be the case (Carrigan, 1960).


As observed in the movie Robert Jackson was withdrawn and also shy during some moments in the movie.

During his leisure time, Robert Jackson an Introvert also engages in less stimulating activities and gets pleasure from reading, writing, or meditating on all sorts of stories that he has written for publication. Also, these Introverts may typically prefer to concentrate on a single activity and then analyze situations carefully and then take time to think more before they speak as observed in the movie of Robert Jackson. Also, it was realised then that after the movie it was observed that Robert Jackson was not an extrovert but rather an introvert. He took the role of an extrovert in the movie but in real life he was an introvert. An extrovert is a person with qualities of a personality type known best as extroversion, which also means that they get their energy from being around all other people. Someone who is extroverted may appear as very talkative in society and may be popular among his peers (Carrigan, 1960) as observed in the case of Robert Jackson. These Extroverts such as Robert Jackson may wish to seek out as much social interaction as possible because this is how they feel more energized within the community. According to estimates, extroverts do outnumber introverts by about three to one (Cain, 2012).Again remember that extroversion isn't an all-or-nothing trait; it's actually a continuum and some people might be very extroverted while others are less so within the community.


The signs cultivated by Robert Jackson that makes him an extrovert in the movie includes.

  • Robert Jackson enjoys social settings.
  • He also seeks attention.
  • He is energized by being with other people.
  • Again, Robert Jackson is also Sociable.
  • Also, he is Outgoing.
  • Robert Jackson enjoys group work.
  • He prefers talking over writing in most of his movies.


Also the signs observed below after the movie indicated that Robert Jackson is an introvert but took the role of an extrovert. Among them includes

  • Robert Jackson had a small group of close friends.
  • He was thoughtful.
  • Again, he was energized by being alone.
  • He also enjoyed solitude.
  • Robert Jackson also tends to keep emotions private.
  • He is quiet and reserved in large groups or around some unfamiliar people.
  • Again, he felt drained by people, and needed privacy at all times.
  • He is more sociable and gregarious around people that they often know well.
  • Lastly, I will like to comment that Robert Jackson learns well through some observation.


The ambivert is also the person who shows characteristics of both extroversion and introversion within a community. In other words, they fall somewhere within the middle of a scale. People who are termed to be ambiverts are said to be moderately comfortable in a social situation but can also enjoy some solitary time within their community. Also an ambivert essentially changes their behaviour based on the situation they find themselves in within the community. For example, they may be quite introverted and reserved around strangers, but will be more energetic and extroverted around close friends and some family members.

Extroverted people tend to feel most comfortable when working with other people, whether the task is a work project, party planning with friends, or some school assignment. You might also organize a group, keep it running smoothly, or even jump in as the leader of the community. No matter how you participate, you most likely feel energized to do your best work when that work involves active collaboration with some other people.


Most extroverts like Robert Jackson in the movie is more confident and outgoing. He is not afraid of taking any chances on something you’ve never done before, even if it’s a little risky at all times. Maybe you might find it easy to change plans or adapt to a new situation. One may have a more extroverted personality in life.

Extroverts tend to take action rather than ponder over it. Once you decide to do something, you usually just go for it without worrying too much about what might happen to you in life.You may not spend a lot of time considering all potential outcomes, but people might even describe you as being impulsive. Extroverted people often find it easier to understand and solve problems in life when they can talk through them, restate them in their own words, or seek input from some other people.


What’s your go-to approach when faced with a challenge or difficult problem in life?

Extroverted people usually have little to no trouble expressing thoughts, feelings, and opinions. These can range from minor preferences, such as the foods you dislike, to deeper emotions, including romantic feelings. While some people might think of you as blunt, the ability to clearly communicate how you feel without hesitating or worrying what others might think can often be a positive trait of character.

Also Extroverted people recharge best in the company of other people. They might move from one social setting to another, like to have people around you most of the time, and then avoid spending time by themselves whenever possible. “If spending time with other people energizes you after a long, stressful day, you’re likely more extroverted,” MacCutcheon explains. Also feeling tired, cranky, or out-of-sorts after too much time on your own also suggests you’re an extrovert. Optimism is the one key way extroversion often shows up.


Keep in mind that being optimistic doesn’t have to mean you’re relentlessly cheerful and never sad. When something bad happens, it still affects you, and you will probably still have days where you feel down — just like most people.Also you may have an easier time finding silver linings in a negative situation. You’re also more likely to focus on those and bounce back more readily when something bad happens instead of feeling drained and overwhelmed.

After the movie , Robert Jackson who was a character in the movie was noted to be an introvert. This was because Robert Jackson was very shy, and socially awkward. He lacked strong interpersonal skills. Again Robert Jackson is not characterized as a good leader. Robert Jackson as an introvert considers things carefully. When faced with a new opportunity or dilemma or any big decision, he spends a good amount of time thinking over it before he made plans to proceed to other things or matters. People with a more action-oriented approach may not always understand why they must devote so much time to reflection, but must have the tendency to look before they can leap as this may help one to feel confident that you’re making the right choice for yourself in life.


Generally speaking, introverted people are less likely to strike up conversations with people they don’t know well, or even with people they do know well. Introverts often have a higher sensitivity to some negative feedback. If you are worried someone might criticize you or view you in a bad light, you won’t have much interest to put yourself in any other situation that leads to that outcome.

People like Robert Jackson are introverted this is because they often spend a lot of time in their heads and also alone. Your friends and loved ones might say you’re always off in your own world, or something along those lines. But also in that world is where you do your best work. One might think through some challenges or use his or her imagination to brainstorm some new ideas. Sharing those thoughts and feelings out loud may not come easily to you, but it might seem completely natural to write, illustrate, or set them to music entirely.


An introvert like Robert Jackson knows that, socializing can drain your natural energy reserves, so he prefers to listen and absorb what’s happening around him. When at work, among friends, or in other social settings, he usually settles comfortably into the background. The myth that introverts are shy or socially anxious stems from this natural tendency to quietly observe as in the scenario of Robert Jackson. Introverts avoid small talk and prefer to let the noise of the crowd wash over them, or feel better when they can tune everyone out with headphones to contribute.


Finally , I will like to conclude that Robert Jackson was considered a introvert because he engages in Active listening.


July 26, 2021 20:56

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.