21 comments

African American Fantasy Sad

The legend says that there is a jungle and it's forbidden. Since it is summer my mom I and always go on adventures so we decided to go to the forbidden jungle and stay one night to see what will happen. My mom was packing her bag and I was packing mine when my older brother called my mom and said he won't be home for 1 week. "Your brother won't be home for 1 week so, we can stay there for 3 days, instead of 1!" Mom exclaimed "Yay!!" I shouted in excitement and I started to pack faster.

We then left and we were in the forbidden jungle! As soon as we arrived in the jungle we saw all of these pretty butterflies and trees it was AMAZING! I hopped right out of the car and went to this grass and meditated for 2 minutes. We kept walking catching a glimpse of a beautiful house standing tall in the middle of the jungle. I walked up the stairs of the house and leaned into the wooden door trying to listen and see if I could hear anything. Not too close though because I didn't want splinters in my ear. I wanted to see if anyone was living there so I walked inside slowly. Making the door creek loudly on accident.

The inside of the house was beautiful! It did not look abandoned. We eventually walked out and kept on walking on our trail in the jungle. While walking we could see a waterfall it was so blue it looked like what you'd see in a movie! The ground was wet because it had just gotten done raining. I came up with an idea! "We should sleep in that house we found earlier!" She replied "Sure but we'll have to be careful." My mom texted my brother to check in on him. He was fine staying in a motel and going to bed too.

We went to bed early and woke up early in the morning. We explored, even more, but this time we came across a big rattlesnake! My Mom grabbed a stone and looked closely at it to make sure it landed directly on his neck so it would hold him down for her to eventually stab and skin. We decided to go check out the waterfall we saw yesterday but something unexpected happened! A small girl was sitting on a bench staring at the water below. She came running to us. We asked her what she doing there she said that her house was somewhere in the jungle but she was lost.

She then asked if she can walk with us, of course, we said no problem. She ate dinner with us, and again we ate and slept in the house, Surprisingly while we were laying down the girl said "Good night Mom." I got jealous for some reason. Especially when my Mom replied with "Goodnight honey." The next day my mom and I sat on the back porch talking about this girl we found in the jungle.

We decided that she would stay with us and be a part of our family!

We all ate breakfast together. We told her that she can call my Mom whatever she likes. She hopped in glee!! She was so happy. We offered her to go swimming in the waterfall with us, but she declined the question so, we went on with our day. She said her name was Emily.

We could not believe how pretty the waterfall was. I would describe Emily as smart and sweet having a great personality! We all ended up living there for 11 years. I will never forget the experience I had. Then came a day were our mom died at only 67 years old, I was 22 and Emily was 19. I couldn't believe that 11 years ago Emily was 7, but we lived together in the same jungle that we did when mom was still alive. We miss her every day, we tried not to try to think about her too much. Every time we did we would cry.

I got her a picture frame that had all of us in it. She hung it up in her room for a memorial frame she thanked me for a whole minute she is so sweet and intelligent! She thinks about others. It has been a great experience we looked at each other and smiled. We then went to the waterfall and took pictures there for a memorial frame. She was taking the photographs then we went home and edited the photos. We went to bed late that night. The next morning we woke up late! We went fishing because we just made fishing poles from the dead tree branches and some strings. We caught a big catfish in the lake! We ate the catfish for dinner and went to bed.

"This morning is the greatest morning... because we woke up!" said Emily laughing hysterically. I laughed so hard I had to go to the bathroom!

(If you know what I mean. 😏)

We were as happy as could be! As happy as I ever will be. I'll never forget all of the years I spent in the jungle! It went from one day to three days to our whole life! It was AMAZING! I have had the best experience ever, and I wish I could redo it over and over again but sadly I can't. I still wish I could and if I could I think I would've done a lot more stuff but, at least I got the experience to do it! I ended up getting a blue jeep and Emily bought a pink jeep. We all lived a happy life!

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

John 3:16

With God all things are possible

Matthew 19:26

Thank you for reading!! Have a great night/day!

May 15, 2022 21:31

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

21 comments

Nicole Of 2022
18:25 May 21, 2022

follows

Reply

Show 0 replies
Nicole Of 2022
18:25 May 21, 2022

<3333333333333333

Reply

Show 0 replies
Nicole Of 2022
18:25 May 21, 2022

nikki was here

Reply

Show 0 replies
Nicole Of 2022
18:25 May 21, 2022

monkey...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Nicole Of 2022
18:25 May 21, 2022

interesting

Reply

Show 0 replies
Nicole Of 2022
18:24 May 21, 2022

cool

Reply

Show 0 replies
Nicole Of 2022
18:24 May 21, 2022

nice

Reply

Show 0 replies
Graham Kinross
01:57 May 19, 2022

Great story Ko, keep them coming.

Reply

Kaizlees Stories
10:05 May 19, 2022

I don't think that im going to post till tomorrow when there is new promps

Reply

Nicole Of 2022
15:07 May 19, 2022

Prompts*

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Kaizlees Stories
16:53 Oct 24, 2022

Umm I've been trying to post a story and can't think of any thing to write about any edvice 😁

Reply

Graham Kinross
21:26 Oct 24, 2022

Write a sequel to this and use the prompts to give you an idea for what happens next? You already have the world and the rules, you just need the when and the people to populate the next story. Twisting an old story to fit the prompts is easier than coming up with a whole new idea, that’s why I write a lot of sequels.

Reply

Kaizlees Stories
23:50 Jan 18, 2023

I'm very sorry I have not been on in a while I will be on regular again great story idea

Reply

Graham Kinross
23:57 Jan 18, 2023

You’re welcome.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Graham Kinross
10:50 May 16, 2022

This is sweet. Be careful about switching between past and present tense.

Reply

Kaizlees Stories
12:58 May 16, 2022

Ok I'll will be sure not to do that next time 🙂 🙃 but anyways thanks for the critiquing when people do that that is the only way I'll get better Tysm

Reply

Graham Kinross
01:45 May 17, 2022

You’re welcome. If you see any mistakes in my stories please do the same.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Nicole Of 2022
21:43 May 15, 2022

Awesome! It is a cute story... work on the past and present thing. Welcome to reedsy!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Miles Gatling
05:31 May 17, 2022

Writing from a kid's point of view is hard and you do it well. The bible verses take away from the child atmosphere in my opinion but it makes it standout. Great story.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Unknown User
09:58 May 26, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Kaizlees Stories
18:14 May 26, 2022

Thanks 😊 for the support 🙏 ❤ I'll update you next time I post 📫

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.