13 comments

Drama



George came home disappointed “.Again couldn’t get the promotion ,”Mr James becomes my boss ,He is two years Junior to me, shown hard work and dedication but all in vain now wait  two years".George explained it very broken heartedly. ”Darling don’t be upset” and Stood up to bring coffee to him. “Linda ,our life is very modest,living in a small flat,no car, even we can’t mix up with the society, salary is also very meager,  don’t want the life like this”.George expressed his desires.Same evening George and I were invited to dinner honoured by the Managing Director regarding promotion of Mr James. George went to bedroom. After little while parcel of an old lamp received sent by uncle Robert, an attached note stating ”Linda, this Lamp was your favorite ,when you once came to London, when you were very young,so now shifting to Glasgow , presenting to you as a souvenir,in last letter you mentioned your life very modest and unhappy ,just rub the lamp and see”. Resembled magic lamp which were shown in the picture book of Aladdin magic spell series. Immediately rubbed the lamp and wished a beautiful dress and shoes. In a meantime Linta ,my neighbor hood friend step in “Linda ,this is a new dress and shoes sent by my sister from Brazil.” Oversized for me,You try it”. She said.she was right .It was exactly my size. customized dress with matching shoes ,it delighted me. wore that dress with matching shoes for the dinner party. George admired the dress. Told him about the lamp wish.He laughed and said” this modern age you are talking irrational, don’t say this to anyone, There is an old proverb” if the wishes were horses poor would ride, for my promotion, not next fall,tonight,wish a handsome increase, new car and big furnished flat”. “Tonight, Darling you made it a mockery “.Expressed my self astonishing.But before leaving for dinner I made a wish for the promotion of George,tonight.We both laughed. In inaugural address Mr James, thanked the Managing Director for the promotion.All the participants welcomed his words but he smiled and said that It’s a great surprise for all of the participants here, I’m a junior ,The right of the promotion goes to Mr George Smith”. Announcement made both of us gaped .we both were not expecting such an unexpecting surprise. looked each other stupendously. Now the lamp was an extraordinary for us and now it was a source of getting wish fulfillment. kissed the lamp and kept it very safely in our closet. Now with the rubbing of the lamp , wish fulfillment had begun. our entire life changed .Now we both husband and wife for everything made wish. Both had full faith on the lamp but we kept it very secret. Linta,my old neighbor hood friend said sinlessly “Linda, I always stipulate my husband to buy gold necklace for me, he always smiles and couldn’t heed.” I wish by rubbing the lamp for her necklace and her husband brought her a gold necklace. So,life was very excited and beautiful.when ever we need something rubbed the lamp and wish came true. we were so acquainted with the lamp that even for my pregnancy,I made a wish and we were blessed with a baby boy named Robert after my uncle who obliges us by sending a Magic Lamp.Almost a decade passed, One day , forgotten to keep it in closet,, Robert sold it to a tinker for one pound.After few days checked the lamp in the closet,it was not there. Became confused and perturbed, searched the whole flat, couldn’t find, rang to George,He quickly homed. At last Robert told us that he had sold that lamp for one pound to a tinker.”Oh my Goodness ,what you have done, hold my head and sat with a great grief.We didn’t know about the where abouts of the tinker, Now it was difficult to find that tinker.A month passed .On finding us sad, George took us for dinner.we reluctantly went.There Robert saw a man wearing branded suit and shoes and  looking handsome active and lively. .”There is the tinker “yelled Robert.That man saw Robert and quickly tried ,to escape but George caught him and took him to the side. That man was very frightened and tight.George punched him.He disclosed that .Linta hired him to get her the lamp .we all along with that man went to Linta's flat,we learnt there her shifting to other city. Now it was difficult to find Linta ,so we were trying to forget the lamp.Intentions aroused to see parents in Rochdale .

On the way saw Linta, in a very horrible condition. stopped the car and madly ran towards Her.She was appearing pauper and talking to her self , inquired about the lamp.She gazed but didn’t collect me.she was greatly disturbed .Somebody showed me her room.The room was dark, smelled bad ,rats squeaking and an old woman was lying on a broken bed. “What happened to her" .Inquired the old woman,she was her mother in law, revealed her husband suffered a great loss and committed suicide. His property was sold and the amount distributed among the creditors, it caused her insane. Immediately I asked about the magic lamp.That woman pointed towards a rack,it was lying there. Hurriedly took it and kept some money at the side of that woman.” This lamp is lucky for you but ominous for us,we lost everything “.Old women sobbed.Immediately took that Magic Lamp came back home and kept it very safely in the closet. George and Robert became easy and comfortable.For the sake of testing I made wishes,it was still as working as before. After few days uncle Robert came to us,we very warmly welcomed him. Next day it was Sunday,we were all having our breakfast.Uncle Robert asked about the magic lamp. showed it to him,He greatly laughed and said “Linda,did you remember you wrote me about your very meager and modest life,you both husband and wife were ditching day by day,so I thought a plan, I sent you this lamp ,its an ordinary lamp,just to develop your belief and trust .This lamp has no charm and power to bring you happiness and wealth.It was your belief and trust which was working to bring you this great greatness. Now you all are happy and living a great life. Now you should develop your belief and faith in your hardworking and strength”.with saying this Uncle Robert stood up and took the lamp and bade farewell.The End.


October 02, 2020 05:11

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

13 comments

Tariq Saeed
18:13 Dec 27, 2020

Thanks Lori for reading and suggesting.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Tariq Saeed
18:11 Dec 27, 2020

Thanks N B,I like that you read the story v deeply.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Naheed Babar
16:20 Dec 27, 2020

In the last the uncle's message Was good.very real.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Naheed Babar
16:19 Dec 27, 2020

Good compilation.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Naheed Babar
16:16 Dec 27, 2020

Actully some people they have blind faith on magic type which is dangerous ,u done it good to highlight it..

Reply

Show 0 replies
Naheed Babar
16:14 Dec 27, 2020

I think this is the story we disscussed it before publishing to reedsy.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Naheed Babar
16:12 Dec 27, 2020

Entrance of the magic lamp starts the story.Their position and standard of life rose up.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Naheed Babar
16:10 Dec 27, 2020

This story start is good.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sheejee Babar
05:57 Nov 07, 2020

Weldone

Reply

Show 0 replies
14:43 Oct 09, 2020

The story concept is good. How uncle taught them a lesson to work hard and believe in your self.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Claire Tennant
00:57 Oct 08, 2020

Tariq this is a beautiful story I love the idea that Uncle Robert was teaching Linda and George a lesson I very lovely fantasy emerged. One thing to make your work better is to use a basic form of edit on your computer. The story would run better if there were more preposition For example at the beginning "Darling don't be upset (I) stood up to bring coffee to him. or...very meager (I) don't want to live like this. Otherwise keep writing, particularly a style with a message as this story gave,

Reply

Tariq Saeed
08:58 Oct 08, 2020

Thank you very much,you have pin a great point ,I would take care or these things.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Lori Koenig
19:54 Oct 21, 2020

The concept of this story was clever, Tariq. You might try writing your documents on something like google docs first, which gives you clerical/puncuation/grammar suggestions as you write.. to make the reading of your pieces a bit smoother. But i loved the idea of the triffling neighbor, and the ruse by uncle Robert.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.