General: Write a story about someone who returns as an adult to a place they visited as a child.

Submitted into Contest #51 in response to: Write about someone who returns as an adult to a place they last visited as a child.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Creative Nonfiction Holiday

Weekly Writing Prompts

Prince De-Grant Brempong

Tel. 0575086991

Email:princedegrant32@gmail.com Email:princedegrant37@gmail.com

Write about someone who returns as an adult to a place they visited as a child.

When I was a little child I travelled to the United States of America with my family. Since I was a stranger in that country we had accommodation in a Hotel.

Later when I returned to my home country with my family after my travel to the United States of America , possibilities of going to the country United States of America have been very difficult.

It took me a long time until I won the Green card Visa lottery and I was asked to come over for a visit in the United States of America to be presented with a free housing facility.

I won the Green card lottery when I got to the age of Adulthood.

As an Adult I prepared to visit the United States of America the country I visited when I was a child.

However it was my second time visiting the United States of America since I won the competition of the Green card lottery .

Also early in the summer , which happens to be the warmest season in the Southern hemisphere from the month of December to February I boarded my flight to the United States of America, overseas.

Again the summer period is a horizontal bearing beam especially one supporting joists or rafters.

I got to the Airport in the United States of America where I boarded a taxi to my destination.

I had in my mind that when I get to the United States of America I will first secure myself a decent accommodation in a Hotel.

I slept for a couple of of two days three nights in a Hotel waiting for my judges to proceed with what I won in the competition or the lottery.

Later I was called by the Judges to proceed to their office for the ultimate prize ,I received a nice house with a cheque of $10,000 ,ten thousand dollars.

I was given the key to the and other documents of land title and documents of the house.

Later I had to thank the Judges for their kind gesture. I moved into the house later from the Hotel.

Since it was my second time in the United States of America since childhood ,I realised a lot of changes have taken place in that country .

There were more cars and Aeroplanes in that country including also trains and escalators it was a developed country.

Also living in the house ,it was a free accommodation but I realised the need to secure myself a good job in order to pay my utility bill or all the money paid to me will easily get finish within a twinkle of an eye.

I secured myself a job in the United States of America in a company of Coca Cola . The nature of business of Coca Cola was to produce Coca Cola including also distributing and selling it to all parts of the world for consumption.

However , working with Coca Cola my salary was very good, that I had to save enough money in order to buy shares and land in that country.

Also working with Coca Cola in the United States of America ,my Salary was between $3000 to $7000 dollars in a month.

I used some of my Salary in buying shares of Google ,one of the companies on the Internet providing services on the Internet.

I also used part of my Salary in paying my utility bills in the house I was living in ,in order to accommodate myself.

Within a couple of months I secured myself a piece of. Land in that country , because the United States of America was a land of opportunity and plenty.

I realised that most Ghanaians live their homes to travel overseas for greener pastures in the United States of America.

Also winning the Green card lottery means you I could work legally in the United States of America and earn a living.

Working in the Coca Cola company in the United States of America earned me enough money that within a couple of two years I bought myself another asset which was a house.

So you can just imagine ,I had only two houses as my assets.

Later after working for the Coca Cola company in the United States of America for two years ,I established my own company as an entrepreneur.

As an entrepreneur I established the MacDonalds Restaurant where I was selling fried rice with chicken wings to earn extra income. I employed adults of the neighborhood with skills in cooking to assist me in the Restaurant.

Most of them were paid salary and others wages for working in the Restaurant.

Events and birthdays were even held in the Restaurant Mac Donald's.

We sometimes offered free meals to the homeless and those in need when ever we were having promotions.

I also bought for myself about two cars whiles working in the company. I invited my family to the United States of America including both my mum and Dad together with two other siblings to stay with me in the United States of America.

All expense paid trip of my family to the United States of America was paid by me.

Since I won the the Green card lottery and owned a house in the United States of America including land and Mac Donald's Restaurant ,the government motivated me to marry a white lady in the United States of America.

At last my American dream was realised entirely.

My wife also assisted me with the operation of. the Mac Donald's Restaurant. After about two years in marriage I had my first kid.

It was then that I realised that with the certificate I earned through the World Bible School , I could start my own church .

So whilst in the U.S.A. I started my own church with my family ,where I was a Pastor and sometimes I employed other pastors to preach in my church.

I built and established a church on one of my lands that I bought in the U.S.A.

I also had a dream of. becoming a Pilot so I studied further in the aspect of Aviation from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University ,Daytona Beach Florida in the U.S.A.

I pursued a course in Cabin Crew in Aviation and later became a Flight Attendant in the United States of America.

I also engaged in a part time course in Aviation in regards to Pilot Training at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University.

Within the period of four years I earned myself the licence of a Pilot to fly Aeroplanes.

My dreams came true, I became a Pilot ,I could fly Aeroplanes and solo Aircrafts in the clear blue sky.

There is a saying that the sky is always the limit.

I worked for American Airlines as a Pilot ,I could fly Aeroplanes and solo Aircrafts in the clear blue sky.

I worked for American Airlines as a Pilot in order to pay for the fees of my two kids who were both in the University in the U.S.A. one was in Yale University and the other Harvard University.

I flew Aeroplanes and solo Aircrafts to other parts of the World including Africa and Europe.

I flew Aeroplanes to Ghana, Australia,China,France , Germany , Canada,Japan , NewZealand that helped me earn the license of a Pilot.

Anytime I sit in my church I wonder what a life well lived ,I like helping others to achieve their dreams.

Lastly, to conclude I started writing books as an Author where I earned a few books to my credit ,but sales was good for me for the first time ,that I even expanded as an entrepreneur in establishing for myself a library within my neighbourhood in the United States of America,Florida to be precise.

I established a library in order to help students in their academics and also in life.

Others thought I was a celebrity but am only a quiet and learned fellow in a White neighborhood in Florida , United States of America.

People do appreciate my good works in helping the community to achieve their dreams especially in the aspect of Academics.

July 23, 2020 10:11

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.