1 comment

Fantasy

Joy Ride

Loki was having fun flying around the globe. It gave him much glee watching the people’s reaction as they looked up at him. Once in while he would he would breathe out fire and watch them run for cover. It made him chuckle. 

Soon there were post on the internet about the fierce dragon. Photos began to pop up of a green and black dragon.

Eventually the military got wind of the stories. Colonel Rhodes was handed a message from headquarters telling him to take action dealing with the dragon. 

He finished reading and burst into laughter. 

“This can’t be for real.”

He read it again. “Oh I get it. This has Tony Stark all over it.”

He got out his cell and called Tony. 

Tony picked up his phone and wondered why Rhodey was calling him. 

“Hi Rhodey, what can I do for you?”

“Hey Tony, I got your message.

Tony narrowed his brows. 

“What message, I didn’t send you a message. 

A confused Rhodey explained the message. “People are seeing a fire breathing dragon.”

Tony winced and rubbed his temples. “Rhodey I think I know who he is.”

“He?  It’s an he? Who is he?”

“I think it’s Loki,” Tony answered.

“Loki?  As in Thor’s brother? As in Loki the one who terrorized New York?  Rhodey asked.  

“Yup that would be the one.” Tony answered. Tony explained what had happened last year. 

“He turned himself into a dragon and the couldn’t turn back. Thor helped with the problem. Apparently he’s done it again. 

Rhodey let out a deep sigh. 

“All right I’ll take care of it.”

I hope when you say that you aren’t going to have him shot down. I wouldn’t care but Thor might.”

“Tony don’t worry about it. Well just shoot a missile over his head and hope he gets the message.”

“Yeah right, that should do it. Good luck Rhodey.”

Rhodey ended the conversation, then gave orders on what to do. 

The pilots stared at each other in disbelief. The leader called back. “

Begging your pardon sir, but did you say search for a dragon and fire a missile over his head?”

“You heard me correctly Lieutenant. Just follow orders.”

The Lieutenant hung up and confirmed what the Colonel had said. 

The pilots took the air in search of a dragon. Soon the Lieutenant saw him. “I got him in my sights,” he announced to the others. Let’s corner him and I’ll make the shot.”

Loki saw the aircrafts and decided to take them on a merry chase. No matter which direction he went they were able to keep up with him. 

Finally much to Loki’s chagrin they surrounded him. The Lieutenant clicked in the coordinates and fired the shot. 

“Missile away,” he announced. Let’s give him his freedom and see where he goes.”

Tony decided he better look for Loki. He wasn’t sure what he could do, but maybe he could talk him down. 

Suited up he took off. He soon found him. He was spiraling down to Earth. Tony saw the jets following Loki. It was apparent they had fired a missile at him and made contact. 

Tony flew as fast as he could. He caught up in time to grab onto his tail. It slowed him down, but they still hit the Earth hard. Tony sat up and shook his head. He gingerly stood and opened the face shield of his helmet. 

Friday assured him all systems were a go. “Right,” Tony said and walked the length of Loki’s body. He stopped at the wings. Then continued to his head. 

“Are you all right?”

“No I’m not all right. I was shot in the wing.”

“Yeah I saw.” Tony said. 

I can’t fly with one wing,” Loki continued. “I’m out joy riding and I’m fired on,” Loki complained. 

“They were only supposed to shoot over your head and not hit you, Tony told him. 

“Joy riding huh?  It’s all fun and games until someone gets hurt. This time that was you pal.”

Loki let out a groan. “What am I supposed to do?”

Tony ignored his question. “Thor told me you weren’t going to do this again. What happened with that?”

Loki snorted and a small amount of flame came out of his nostrils. “No, I said I wouldn’t do that again and I didn’t.”

Tony chuckled. “Well you are in a mess now.”

Tony noticed Loki’s wing wasn’t healing. “Why isn’t that healed? I thought you healed fast.”

“No,  not as a dragon. I have to turn back into my self,” Loki explained. 

“How did you do that last time?” Tony asked.

“I fell asleep. When I woke up I was back.”

The pilots landed a short distance from Tony and Loki. They ran over to them to make sure they were all right. 

“Is he all right?” The Lieutenant asked. “The missile was supposed to go over his head. He moved and it hit him. Good thing you showed up.”

Tony stared at the Lieutenant. “Of course he moved. Did you think you think he wouldn’t?  By the way in case anyone is interested, I’m fine.”

“Mr. Stark, I’ve never fired at a dragon before. I didn’t know what he would do.”

“Fine, but we have to get him somewhere he can sleep. He can’t turn back and heal until he does. I don’t recommend sleeping here in an open field,” Tony explained. 

The Lieutenant called called Rhodey and told him the situation. 

Rhodey wasn’t happy about it, but this was not the time to express his feelings. 

“I’ll get back with you ASAP.”

“The Colonel is going to get back with me,” the Lieutenant told Tony. 

A few minutes later Rhodey called Tony. He wasn’t in the mood to talk to the Lieutenant. 

Tony, I’m sending a heavy equipment transporter to you. Just text me your location.”

“Okay we’ll be waiting. He then relayed the message to the Lieutenant. 

An hour later a HET came roaring down the road. The  men flagged the driver down and led him to Tony and Loki.

“Okay reindeer games here comes your transportation,” Tony told Loki. 

Loki let out a groan and rested his head on the ground. 

It took all of the men which included to get Loki aboard the HET. 

“Where are you taking him?” Tony asked. 

“There’s an abandoned hangar about five km from here. We’ll take him there,” the driver responded 

As the HET rolled along, Tony flew behind it. 

Once inside the men men carefully unloaded Loki and gently set him on the ground. 

Tony landed next to Loki.  “Thanks guys, I’ll handle it from here.”

The Lieutenant nodded. He turned and faced the men. “Okay men we’re out here. Mr. Stark will take over.”

They got on the HET and drove off. 

Loki looked up at Tony and let out a snort. He felt embarrassed and humiliated. It was awful having to depend on a human for help, especially this one. He was the god of mischief and trickster.  Unfortunately his mischief this time may have cost him his life. 

“Tony thank you. I don’t know what I would have done if not for you,” Loki said and gulped. 

Tony chuckled. “Did you just thank me?  That has to be a first not to mention painful.  But hey no problem reindeer games. Have a good sleep. I’ll see you around.”  Tony left the hangar and flew off. 

A few hours later Loki woke up and was back to himself. His arm healed quickly. He exited the hangar and called out to Heimdall to send the rainbow that would take him home. Joy riding was done for one day. 

March 29, 2021 04:16

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

John Carpenter
02:43 Apr 04, 2021

Cute.

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.