Tusks and Daggers Part Fifty-Seven: Lust Finds her Home!

Written in response to: Write a love story without using the word “love.”... view prompt

0 comments

Romance Fantasy Adventure

Lust:

Wondering why Somy would propose all over again, perhaps it was a chance to have the reception that they deserved. It had been small but I had a feeling that he wanted a royal wedding with everyone involved. Then again, she did ask him instead. Wondering when my soulmate would show up, a tap on my hand had me leaping into the air. Lottie waved up at me, her long waves danced in the wind. Tugging on her emerald wool dress, her scythe spun in her palm. 

“Do you want to get out of here?” She asked with a tired smile, both of us staring at the silver rose garden around us. “I need to blow off steam and you look more broken than me. I am sure someone or something needs my help.” Smoothing out my emerald jacket, the tight leather outfit underneath creaked as I crouched down to her level. 

“Somy and the others are smothering me.” She admitted sheepishly, the truth coming out. “Somy keeps hinting at me hosting a royal wedding for him after everything gets settled. I don’t mind that. On top of that, Boran is visiting with Viktor today with our children. I wish I could go.” Silent tears stained her cheeks, her body trembling. Wiping away her tears for her, an idea came to mind. 

“Do you want to explore my favorite escape?” I offered sincerely, the door to the underworld appearing in front of us. Looming ten feet in the air, the ancient rock doors groaned open. Placing her on my back, we stepped through. This meeting could help her kingdom,the underworld containing many allies. Sliding off of my back, she walked next to me with her scythe clutched close to her chest. Scanning the sea of dead twisted trees, her boots dug into the ruby dirt. Staring numbly ahead, the fact that her husband got to go was eating at her. A throat cleared, my old friend Libros waved at me. His eight foot seven muscular body towered over us, his onyx gloved hands rested on his hips. Ruby eyes glittered in my direction, his ruby Victorian suit hugging him perfectly. Tugging on his tie, his eyes flitted between Lottie and me. The king of the underworld gazed upon me fondly, his bare fingers giving me hope. 

“To what do I owe this pleasure?” He inquired with a twinkle in his eyes, his hand running through his wild silver curls. “You must be the one and only Lottie. I have heard wonderful things about you. Shall we have tea at my castle?” My heart fluttered at his crooked grin, his fangs hanging over his inky lips adorably. Scarlet painted my cheeks, the last time we met was in a bedroom where he denied me. His respect for me had stolen my heart back then, my hand resting on my hip. We couldn’t be together because of his parents, their hatred for the sinful lords and ladies blinding them in the worst way. Crunching towards the sprawling lava rock castle, the towers twisted into the sky. His staff bowed at him the moment he entered his home, cold black walls sinking my heart into my stomach. Shaking off the anxiety, his hand cupping my cheek caused a tender gasp to flow from my lips. Lottie took in the moment, her face falling. Our bond floated around us, the black chains yanking us close to each other. Smiling brokenly to herself, her wet eyes watched a crown appear on our chests. 

“Don’t worry about it. Your happiness takes you the strangest places. May I go home now?” She choked out through a wall of tears, her boots sprinting out of the castle. Chasing after her, our bond yanked me back into Libros’ arms. This world wasn’t safe for her, Libros grabbing my hand. Dragging me in her direction, her mental state had stolen her common sense. A shrill scream shattered the air, a giant spider dragging her out of our view. Swinging her scythe around, her magic wouldn’t work here. 

“Stay by my side!” I ordered desperately, my voice cracking. “We need to rescue her.” Crashing through the forest, another scream sent another chill up my spine. Branches scratched my cheeks, all four elements swirling over his head. 

“What happened?” He shouted over the chaos in the distance, my heart breaking for her. Lottie had lost so much already and fate dealt her another crappy card. Skidding to a stop outside of a big cave, the spider was wrapping up a limp Lottie. Her scythe shimmered outside of the cave, Libros selecting the flames from over his head. Pulling out my whip, it was time to tame this spider. The jet black shell shimmered in the pale moonlight, my eyes scanning for the opening into its tender flesh underneath its hard shell. Libros nudged my shoulder, his flames increasing with the blustery gust swirling around me. 

“How about I distract that monstrosity while you find the kill spot?” He suggested with a nervous smile, his hand on my shoulder causing scarlet to paint my cheeks. “Then we can have a proper discussion with her. You didn’t screw up, Lust.” Kissing the top of his hand, a goofy grin dawned on his lips. Skidding in, a bout of wicked laughter burst from his lips. Hitting it with balls of flames, the crack of my whip had the globs of venom whistling away from my mate. Watching the fight, Lottie stirring awake captured my attention. Blasting herself out of her prison, both of our eyes rounding with horror at the gob of venom flying towards my mate. Running past me, her body took the hit. Too stunned to speak, neither of us could move. Hitting the floor, silver water soaked her to the bone. Struggling to her feet, her healing magic evaporated any venom off of her skin. Raising her hand in the air, her scythe hit her palm. Running her blade along her palm, blood dripped onto the gray cave floor. Touching the web, the silk of the spider web hissed. 

“You don’t like my light.” She taunted cruelly, pointing to the center eyes of the eight ruby eyes. “I bet that you can’t get me.” Pinning her ears back, the spider lunged at her. Dodging the attack, the clack of her boots on the wall had us watching her bounce off the wall. Unable to take the final blow, her tired smile told me that she couldn’t kill it. Flipping through the air, one of the legs pierced her stomach. Spinning my whip over my head, a blustery wind had the tunnels singing an eerie tune. Choking on her own blood, her fingers clawed at the leg. A sudden embrace from behind had time slowing down, Libros throwing me into the air. Releasing a blade of wind, the leg holding Lottie hit the cave floor. Catching the body part, his boots pounded out of the cave.  A sly grin danced across my lips, my next spell would destroy this place. 

“Winds of Hell, roar to life and tear the fowl beast apart!” I chanted with a fit of wicked laughter, aiming my whip towards the eye she pointed out. The spider didn’t stand a chance, the tip hitting its mark. Landing gracefully, the wind in my cave funneled into his body. Twitching uncontrollably, a wall of silver vines prevented me from getting soaked in blood and guts. My majesty had come through in the end, blood pouring from the corner of her busted smile. 

“Good job, Lust.” She wheezed, coughing up blood. Passing out as the leg dissolved to ash, blood cascaded over her fingers. Scooping her up, Libros sprinted towards the castle with her body in his arms. Crashing into the castle, he laid her down on the couch. Feeling around her boots, his fingers curled around a series of vials of colorful liquids. Snatching the wine glass on the table, he dumped them all in. Holding her hand as he opened up her lips, the colorful liquid flowing freely down her throat. Waiting with bated breath, relief dawned our face as her wound sealed shut. Curling into a ball, her fingers dug into the fabric on the couch. Feeling her forehead with the back of his hand, he collapsed onto his bum. Sitting down next to him, only we were awake. Cupping my hands around his, my fate was sealed to him. He would have to leave his kingdom if I wanted to go back, his responsibility trapping him in the underworld ninety percent of the time. 

“Sorry for trapping you here.” He apologized sweetly, his grip getting stronger. “I had to kill my father and mother to take the throne. I wish I could say that I have regrets but I don’t. You must think I am a monster.” Laying me down, his strong hands laid my head in his lap. Playing with my hair, his tears hit my cheek. 

“I never thought I would see you again.” He wept joyfully, wiping away his tears. “I am so happy that you will be by my side.” Pulling me onto his lap, his arms refused to let me go. As mean as his parents were to me, they worshiped the ground he walked on. A pregnant pause hung in the air, his fingers beginning to quiver uncontrollably. Cupping his hand, his weeps slowed to a stop. 

“I don’t think you are. The underworld is probably a better place, right?” I comforted him with my sweet smile, expression softening. “Your heart is mine. I promise to never leave your side again.” Clutching me close to his chest, his arms felt like home. Soaking his shoulder with my emotions, bliss was the only way to describe this moment. Lottie groaned as she sat up, her dejected smile haunting me. 

“I hope you are happy, Lust. You deserve everything you are going to receive down here.” She sighed sullenly, resting her hands on her knees. “I kind of felt like you were leaving me today. See you later, you crazy girl.” Tucking a piece of hair behind her ear, her ears pinned back. Wiping away her tears, this felt like the hardest moment in my life. 

“I am going home. Do you mind opening that door?” She laughed weakly, waiting patiently for the door to pop up. Leaping to her feet, she snatched her scythe off the wall. Stepping through, one wave was all that remained. Sobbing harder into his shoulder, she had become a wonderful friend to me, our adventures bringing us closer. Lifting up my chin with his finger, his lips kissed mine tenderly. Melting into his arms, such a moment had always been in my dreams. Guilt tainted the moment, her sad smile flashing in my head. Rising to his feet, he took me with him. Guiding me to the garden, my favorite roses danced in the breeze. The jet black stem contrasted the blood red petals, my hands cupping my mouth. He didn’t have to grow these, a nervous grin twitched on his lips. 

“I grew them in the hopes that you would come back from your banishment.” He admitted sheepishly, my heart fluttering again. “I thought we could hold monthly meetings with Miss Lottie. How does that sound?” Leaping into his arms, a long squeal escaped my lips. Spinning me around, true affection glittering in his eyes. Lowering me down, his hand took mine while his hand slid down to my waist. Spinning around the garden, the puppy-like admiration never left his eyes. Basking in the sweetness of the moment, we slowed to a stop. The moonlight bathed his features handsomely, my finger tracing his cheek. 

“She arranged this. I know she pretended not to know but she contacted me with a signed contract to help her out with the final battle.” He confessed with another nervous chuckle, his arms refusing to let go. “She found our letters and thought she could make you happier. I never met her but she wrote to me quite often.” Smiling softly to myself, the thought hadn’t crossed my mind yet. 

“Why would she sacrifice her own happiness for mine? I was her enemy at one point. Hell, she accepted me.” I pondered out loud, silent tears staining my cheeks. “When will she take care of herself?” Letting me go, his steady hand guided me to an ivory metal table with tea. Pouring me a cup, his hand covered mine. 

“She is a queen and you do those things as a ruler. A good ruler sacrifices their hearts to make their subjects happy.” He sighed tiredly, the tears flowing harder. “I am happy you found a family to take you out of your darkness. She brought you to me and I can’t thank her enough.” Cupping my other hand, we both watched the salty tears splash against the top of my hands. Why did I miss her so much? Ripping my hands back, I had to have faith in Lottie. 

“I hope I can make you happy here. You are the queen after all.” He comforted me warmly, his million dollar stealing my heart. “These roses couldn’t outshine your beauty.” Scarlet painted my cheeks, his thumbs wiping away my tears. Picking up his cup, the damn thing was shaking in his palms. Sipping it awkwardly, this was the Libros I fell in love with. Leaning over the table, my lips pressed against his softly. Time stopped, the harsh howls of the underworld dying away. Our heartbeats pumped in my ears, our breath hitching as I let him go. Collapsing into his chairs, our romance felt real. It felt so natural that every other time was a cop out, the actions feeling empty. Rising to my feet, I wanted to make this moment special. Hovering my hand in front of his face, his fingers curled around mine. Spinning me into his arms, our song flowed from his lips. Our feet barely touched the cobblestone walkway with every spin, our real smiles never leaving our lips. Spinning to a halt, he had me underneath him. My waves tickled the pathway, his lips kissing mine hungrily. My heart beat out of my chest, his hand tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. Spinning me back up, his elbow waited for mine. Hooking mine around his, a tainted joy brightened my soul. Walking into the castle, he guided me towards his bedroom. Pausing in front of the oak door, his hand cupped my cheeks. 

“I wonder if you need rest. You have been running ragged for a while.” He teased playfully, my breath hitching. “If you aren’t, you should get changed.” Knowing that I wasn’t tired, the other option was the sole option. Letting myself in, a leather emerald gown waited for me. Peeling off my clothes, my shaking hands tugged on the stunning gown. The mermaid bottom flared from my knees, the corset tightened itself.  Tracing the sweetheart neckline, such fine material felt wrong on my skin. Fixing my hair into an intricate side bun, a snap of my finger had my face done up with a stunning red lip. Stepping out with my gaze averted to the ground, the others would never like me. Lifting up my chin with his finger, pride glistened in his eyes. 

“You have my heart and you will have our people’s as well.” He assured me with his genuine smile, his hand sliding down to my waist. Every cell in my body wanted him, a stronger hunger resting in my heart. My thighs rubbed together, my body arching towards him. Brushing my lips against his, his teasing had me crumbling under his touch. Curse the sin of lust, a soft chuckle tumbling from his lips. 

“We can play later to confirm our bond.” He promised with a sly grin, his hand dragging me to a balcony. Lost souls and demons of all kinds bowed to him. Presenting me like a prize, the memory of demons taunting me flashed in my mind. Fighting back the tears, every breath grew shorter. The years of bullying had my heart beating out of my chest, a clammy sweat drenching my skin. The word whore echoed in my ear, the world beginning to spin. Collapsing into his arms, the cheers died down as he dragged me into the castle. Clutching me close to his chest, his chin rested on my head. Rubbing my back until my breathing returned to normal, his finger lifted up my chin. 

“I am sorry.” I apologized pathetically, his head shaking. “They always called me a whore even as a child. It isn’t my fault I was born with a sin.” Sobbing brokenly, my tears slid down his hand. Shivering in my spot, his lips smashing into mine softly. Releasing me, my panic attack was over. Cupping my chin, his thumb wiped away my tears. 

“Screw them. We can prove them wrong.” He avowed lightly, his lips kissing my tears. “I never thought you were. You're not the sin but my mate, my one true soulmate.” Rubbing my palms against my chest, a fever burned my cheeks. Scooping me up, we had to confirm our bond. Sweeping me into our bedroom, this would take away all of those urges that haunted me. Ripping open the door, we succumbed to our desires. Two hours of fun passed, his kind eyes resting on me. Grinning sweetly in my direction, his fingers intertwined with mine. Basking in the warmth of the moment, our future was as bright as the sun.

February 15, 2024 23:29

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.