4 comments

Adventure Fantasy Science Fiction

              





With nothing but smolder encompassing this beautiful August day; equally too an electrifyingly exciting Friday evening, “Power Station” nostalgically emits from surrounding systems.


“The Station” currently streaming glorious; equally glorious being the structured Annunaki-styled sculpted beach-side resort.



80’s music enthusiasts savvy enough can vouch the sentiment of that hit song to match the scorch of the day. As stated by Mr. Palmer himself, some like it …


As “some” bask in that beach-side sentiment, two friends (James and Tim) share social pleasantries at the bar.



As they do both, instantly lust occurs: HER — ATTENTION — FOCAL. HER — ATTENTION — FOCAL. (As soon to be dually known) “SHE” walks by captivating the senses of the two competing ex frat-studs equipped w/social polish.


“SHE”, with a tall lean yet athletically-Swift like Taylor’s frame, facial resemblance also an uncanny match, glides with an un-obvious yet forced demure nature; Harley Quinn inspired smirk to prove. What is however obviously known:


THEY GAZE, SHE KNOWS, THEY GAZE, ‘we get the polaroid’.


Not to leave afloat ambiguous social-linger, Tim attacks the future exchange (sports almanac Dilemma) like an excited Doc Brown solving the puzzle of the Flux capacitor.


Him: “Hello beautiful”. Her: “Hello yourself”, followed by a fake sheepish grin. Funny occurrence as him asking how “SHE’s” enjoying this weather eventually leads to drinks at the bar with her soon meeting his compadre “James”. Expeditiously enough the three click naturally and connect rather casually over preferred lager and fiery-type smooth shots of Woodford reserve.


Tim exclaims, “So I’m Tim, as we’ve established, this is James … and you would be? She smiles then speaks. “I heard you talking to James, in so specifically hearing you refer to me as “SHE”. Let’s stay with that. The three share an equal mood forwarding sentiment through laughter. They banter comfortably until the point the conversation switches abruptly. “SHE” asks both new found acquaintances if they have ever heard of CERN?


Tim casually admits ignorance while James exclaims, “I know it has to do with scientific research but, what’s this I hear about occult rituals and secret experiments? “SHE” laughs as she knows where James is headed then states, “why’d you leave off the rest? You really believe in secret experiments opening portals to other dimensions or even hell?


LOL her preferred “aughts-inspired” general sentiment.


James and Tim both admit to not knowing much on the topic but rule out nothing in a world of such un-explored phenomenon & boundless mysteries.


“SHE” takes an aggressive shot of the specialty bourbon while poking fun at James, slight chuckle followed by the statement.


(condescendingly imitating a frightening bellow) “Ooooooooow, watch out we might run into the dreaded “Devils bible” amongst all the occult rituals and secret experiments”.


Tim laughs off the vaudeville attempts but keeps an inquisitive mind state in reference to her satanic biblical punchline.


Jesting aside, all three continue conversational banter as “SHE” shoots an intriguing (so seems) request to both gentleman.


“Hey, you guys wanna see something. Tim laughs and exclaims with a playful retort. “Hell Nah” (Cultural troupes sending him to the response) as Tim is African American, “Boys in the Hood” answers that question for him when posed in the movie.


“SHE” laughs then says, yeah I’m white dude, but I’ve seen the movie. “No dead bodies I can assure you”, chuckling at his dithering.


They laugh, click shot glasses, then forget that 3 hours ago they knew nothing of the accompanied.


“F*** it”, let’s do it, James visually sifts with an adventurous stare down towards them both. Tim re-evaluates with curiosity.


Random though, and even more Bizarre than Eminem’s eccentric rhyme cohort, Tim struggles to understand why in 2013, he’s staring at a framed article congratulating Tom Brady and the 2008 New England Patriots on a Super Bowl victory?


“Bro” … He thinks internally. Hmmmm.


(“SHE” cuts), “All-right, let’s go you two little “Roaming Roosters”. LOL. “Aww, male chickens huh? “aight you fake Max Martin collaborating wanna be Taylor Swift lookin’ a**; Tim never one to let someone bid him bashful responds a verbal jab respectfully admired by the slightly lofty beauty.


She assures that this mini adventure will require no vehicular travel, as well the site is just right off the beach. On the walk over, Tim (still succumb with revisionist history bemusement) asks James, or rather looks for familiar confirmation.


“Hey bro … what you think of that article? Super Bowl? James responds, “Something feels off … yeah, something off”.


However the intrigue of “SHE”, plus the future knowing compels them like a priestly Christ chant.


— THEY GO —


In their introductory conversations, they all come to realize that they share a passion for caves, bonding closer even over dichotomous views towards the incredibly-dope cinematic monster “The Descent”. As they investigate deeper, each layer of the ethereal cave showcases deeper magnificence. The three equally lost in fantastical adolescent wonder.


“SHE” pauses right quick, turns left, looks dead eye center at James and says, I read and saw your story. Sorry. James responds, “What? “Aight”, everything’s been light hearted, roses & Care bears … cool … but … what’s the deal?


Who are you,

and why are you bringing up my …


(“SHE” speaks) hold on. Let me show you something first. (James gets steadfastly solemn) “Nah” I’m not going forward. “SHE” reverts back to the CERN talk. Both men now clearly agitated as “SHE” also recognizes and now admits ties, better yet important connections with the European organization.


THEY LISTEN — SHE TALKS. Yes, I work for CERN … and is the reason for this small trip. James & Tim peak with interest as “SHE” tells James how she saw his story on TV. How, even though young still himself, he was married young as well birthed a daughter. This daughter being the love of his life in which she…


“OK”, what is your f***** purp …


(“SHE” vehemently cuts) … James. I noticed your inquiring mind pondering why your New York Giants aren’t recognized for the 08 feat.



James: “What is your god damn poi ….



“I CAN TAKE YOU TO HER”.



James, now frozen with wonder, taken hostage by anger, ditches all social polish as to berate his newfound acquaintance. She however calms the scene with a professional ease. She spares the scientific details and shoots directly to what they do.



“SHE” does however admit that in time travel, “alters” are inevitable. Alters is when a shift in gravitational pull as opposed to particle acceleration through the Large Hadron Collider alters future realities. If it’s minor it’s no problem, but to avoid huge shifts, an expeditious trip needs to be executed and wrapped quickly. If not …


(Aggresive sentence cut) James, usually a cool character loses all temperament and turns frustratingly to leave also wanting no more of this conversation. He screams F*** you lady.


As he does “SHE” confessed to being extra terrestrial. As well, confessions of impending death on her end would be coming if not for a specific item. “SHE” reveals why James’ daughter’s story made the news. She had the rarest blood type in human history.


‘Unfortunately so, her murder the sinister reality for the feature. James asks, “What does Tia (James’ daughter) have to do with you?


“SHE” retorts, “I need a certain chemical in her blood, and it’s only ‘in—her—blood’! As well additionally, a sample of “your” blood is also needed to pair with hers. I’m prepared to offer you 10 million American dollars, as well as a reunion with your …


(Pause) “let me stop pretending, with Tia. I’m not going to hide my intentions anymore, this facility I brought you and Tim to is the sub division to the Switzerland branch. I do work with CERN, as well do not have much time”.


James, with such an important decision to make ponders intently but quickly does inevitable acts. Pose this dilemma to any grieving father wanting nothing more than to gaze in his baby girls eyes once again and watch there be no dilemmas. Tim frozen almost out of his senses retreats to the rear of this conversation.


After acceptance of proposition, all are complicit as James and “SHE” equip themselves for the up coming voyage. Instantly amongst the amethyst crystal pattern adorning the cave’s walls a visual portal imagines. Imagines in the sense of it being formed through telepathic alien (imagined) thought-waves coupled w/the Large Hadron Collider. James and “SHE” pace forward embarking like a futuristic sci-fi version of Lewis & Clark. 3 more steps to a life re-imagined. Who knew that the hottest day of the summer would lead to an entire re-discovery of life. All with a “not so” chance meeting with “SHE”.




August 07, 2024 22:27

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

4 comments

Mary Bendickson
17:27 Aug 11, 2024

Thanks for the follow but I was not totally following much of this journey it being a genre I don't much care for but is so popular.

Reply

Crymes King
19:36 Aug 11, 2024

N/P I liked your recent story in reference to why I followed. Sorry you didn’t like the story but thanks for stopping through regardless.

Reply

Mary Bendickson
20:08 Aug 11, 2024

You are a talented writer.

Reply

Crymes King
20:09 Aug 15, 2024

Thank you

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.