1 comment

Funny Romance Thriller

Please keep in mind-this is only a part 1. Thanks.

“Aiden, please go clean your room. It’s getting very messy and I can’t clean it up for you every single time.” Mom commanded.

“Aww, c’mon mom!” I complained.

“Er…I don’t know what that is. But your eyes have been glued to the screen for nearly the whole day.”

“That’s the point! To pass time!” I retorted.

“Well, you can also pass time by playing with your friends or cleaning up your room.” Mom sternly said. Putting her hands on her hips. She gave me the You-Better-Do-It-Or-Else-There-Will-Be-Consquenses look. My mom had brown wavy hair that reached her shoulders. Her eyes were hazel and she wore thin rimmed circular glasses. On her face was a thin splash of freckles, and she had a stubby nose. Mom’s lips were pressed tightly together. Today, she wore a purple cotton shirt that had long sleeves and black pants.

“I’m counting to three. One…Two…”

I don’t know why the counting to 1,2,3 way always works. Whenever anyone hears it, they do whatever their parents ask them.

“Alright! I’m going I’m going!” I cry, bolting to my room before Mom can finish her sentence. I always hate that 1,2,3.

I was so wrapped up in my thoughts, after cleaning my room I went straight to my parents room. Why, I didn’t know, but I found my footsteps leading me there. I’m not allowed in my parents room, typical. Yet, whatever was concealed behind that closed door; perhaps millions of candy, or maybe-maybe-the unimaginable.

I was a bit scared, I’m not lying! Yet, curiosity won over. My heart grew wings and began to flutter in my chest as I walked nearer. Swallowing hard, I clicked open the door knob— (I had to do it a few times because my palms were very sweaty.) —Which sounded like a volcanic explosion, and peaked inside.

“Oh.” I softly breathed as if I said a single word loudly an alarm would go off. It was a normal bedroom. Simple. A queen-sized white bed which had folded sheets sat in the middle. Two black dressers leaned against the wall. A single nightstand stood beside the bed. Containing a lamp on top, and a drawer underneath. I peaked inside the drawer and found a notepad. It read;

Private Info.

I uttered a small gasp, but before I could open it, I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. I stuffed the notepad in my pocket, closed the drawer and scrambled out. Nothing could describe the fear I felt in those mere seconds. My heart had leapt out of my chest and into my throat, which pounded more then ever. Fear gave me the strength to jump across the room and shut the door. I flew to my room and dived for the closet. Pretending to be arranging something.

“Oh, hi Mom. I just finished cleaning.” I said, as my mom peeks in.

“Good, for a second, I thought you were in my bedroom. Who am I kidding, though? You’re a good child, I know you’ll never sneak in.” Mom smiled, ruffling my hair.

“Yeah,” I squeaked, guilting worming it’s way inside me. “I would never.” Mom grinned and walked out, whistling while holding the laundry. I run downstairs and into the bathroom, locking the door. Slowly and carefully, I opened the notepad.

I used to be rich, however, all my belongings were stolen. Stolen by Richard Rick himself. The so called rich person. Oh, how I miss my money, yet, however, most of all, I miss my dog. My dog, killed by Richard, murder, a brutal murder! I will never forget that moment. How I wish Richard was imprisoned and would admit his true self. Oh, how I wish I could get everything back by the end of the year. By the end of the year, Richard will have claimed everyone’s hearts. Charming them, one by one. Oh, how I wish. How I just wish. 

I looked up from reading. Perhaps I was spending much too long in the bathroom. Had I ever known, this was the start of my goal before the end of the year. I had only a few weeks left.

First step, find Richard Rick.” I flushed the toilet-(Hey, don’t judge.) And departed from my secret lair. Okay, maybe the bathroom wasn’t going to be my secret lair, but surely no one could interrupt me. Perhaps my room, or the abandoned shed was better. I opened the door and checked both ways, and slid out. I needed a secret a place to hid this notepad, for now, I placed the notepad in my room.

“Hey, Aiden?” Mom asked peeping into the kitchen. I was busy getting myself a glass of milk and cookies.

“Yes?” I feared what was coming next.

“I-I think it’s silly to say this. But, did you happen to see a notepad? A white one? It’s a bit ragged.” Mom inquiered.

“No? Where did you last see it?” I question, playing innocent.

“Er, in my bedroom. I’m not saying that you’ve been in my bedroom!” Mom added at the fake shocked look on my face. “It’s just, I might have tooken it out and forgot it somewhere…”

“Perhaps Max took it.” Max was our dog, he was a very sweet yellow labador, who gave you puppy eyes if you didn’t give him food.

“Max would never do such a thing. I guess it’s somewhere in my messy bedroom.” Mom sighed.

“Your bedroom isn’t me-I mean, your bedroom is probably messy!” I stuttered, nearly saying “Your bedroom isn’t messy.” Mom would’ve then questioned me, playing Detective. I would be caught, my goal gone down the drain.

“I’ll go clean it, s’pose I’ll find it somewhere in that mess.” Mom shook her head, muttered something and walked back upstairs. I shivered and contuinued to dump my milk. Munching on my cookie that had been coated with milk, I thought of my first way to find Richard Rick.

He is famous, according to the notepad. Maybe I’ll find him online. Now days, people Googled things, it was a bit sad for people saying; “Go google it.” Instead of, “Go look in the dictionary .” After finishing up my very, very good cookie, I sprang up the stairs to find my laptop.

“Alright, alright. Richard Rick…” I muttered while typing.

Richard Rick is a young man that enjoys helping the world. He is a wealthy man with three children. Aiden, Dan, and Sam. I froze. Aiden, Dan, and Sam? Aren’t Dan and Sam my brothers? Isn’t Aiden, well, me? I stared at the sentence, rereading it over and over, unable to register what was in front of me. That couldn’t be possible! No, it had to be a coincidence.

Richard Rick specializes a company called Helping@Lanta. Helping@Lanta is a very succesful company. That’s were Richard Rick get’s most of his money. Richard Rick is currently living a happy life in LA. Yet, he also has houses in Mal Dive. He owns more then 500 islands there. He used to own all 1,000, but being the kind man he is, he gave the other 500 (perhaps more) islands away. 

“Jeez, you only need like 5 islands, not 500.” I grunted. “So, LA, huh? I need more specifically…” 19357 Richard Rick Blvrd. “Even the street is named after him! C’mon! Who likes this jerk?” I chewed on the edge of my pencil, I can’t help it, I do it when I’m either nervous or in really deep thinking. This situation was both. Hey, I bet some of you people do it, too!

A little while later, I collected all the info I needed for step one

Name: Richard Rick.

Street: 19357 Richard RIck Blvrd. 

Children: Aiden, Dan, and Sam.

Wife: Unknown.

Hobbys: So called saving the world.

Status: Rich.

Personality: Jerk, stupid, lazy, hypocrite. 

Good or Bad: Bad, he stole my moms money. 

Escape plan: Unknown.

My handwriting is neat. I know, no need to tell me. As I thought about my Escape Plan 101, I realized I needed a partner. Or partners. My most sneakiest, slyiest, friends. I had a few in mind…

December 31, 2020 21:22

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Suggestions? I know it sucks.

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.