0 comments

Desi Fiction Funny

There live a small family in the city of Maharashtra. They have four members. The youngest member, Trisha always cooks meals for them. Every member of the family has a different choice. Her mom Mina likes boiled, and her brother Kailash loves spicy food. She always has to keep in mind while cooking the meals that everyone has different choices except her father Prabhat, who never complains. Even Trisha herself is choosy while coming to cooking. It is very difficult for anyone to cook for everyone who has different tastes. Sometimes there is a conflict, and she also gets scolded by her mom and brother because of their taste. She prepares food for everybody despite being getting scold most of the time. She cooks because cooking is her hobby whenever she feels stressed she cook. It's like therapy to her. She always tries to make a different type of food and experience them. Most of the time it tastes super. But sometimes she gives lots of salt and most of the time, she put a very little salt, which is the only problem she has while cooking the meals. Trisha herself like chilli but all the other members don’t like chillies. Trisha also hates to waste chillies, so she puts chillies in every dish for which she gets scolded by other members most of the time. One day she was cooking while she put lots of chillies by mistake after which she gets scolded by everyone in the family member, especially her mother. Because Mina eats very few chillies compare to her father and brother. Another day she gets scold because she was late for making her meal due to which her brother scolds her a lot that day. Usually, Mina helps her daughter by deciding what they will have when, That day Mina was out with Prabhat while Kailash feels hungry and put his anger in Trisha, That they Trisha cried a lot because of Kailash’s anger on her. After Mina and Prabhat return, they feel terrible for their daughter. That day, Trisha was late to prepare meals because she never chooses what to cook it’s her mother who decides, so it takes a lot of time for her to decide what to make moreover she is very slow in cutting vegetables, unlike her mother. Trisha always learns new things from all these scoldings of her elders. As she knows is very slow in cutting vegetables, she decided she will change the pattern of her cooking as Mina can’t always help her daughter. She decides she will first make the rice and then cut the vegetables while the rice is cooking first what to fry after that she will put them to fry and in her spare time she will cut other things. She started doing multi-tasking while cooking. At least when her mother is not available to help her. She also matches her salt but most of the time she put few salts or sometimes even miss the salts at all. No matter how perfectly she cooks getting scold is her daily routine while making meals for everyone. Keeping in mind everyone’s choice along with their own choice is not everyone’s cup of tea. It takes lots of effort and patients and Trisha does everything only to get relief from her stress and frustrations. Literally by playing a role as a chef is not an easy thing especially if it comes with or dealings with a family member because a house chef can earn also. Because if you earn you can tolerate everything but without earning it is impossible to tolerate. Trisha always focuses only on how to cook things in a fine way ignoring the scolds from her elders but without their knowledge she tries not to repeat the same mistakes and try to rectify them every time. Trisha always tries new dishes be by looking on the internet or by creating herself. She prepare lunch always but sometimes she prepare breakfast too however basically breakfasts are frequently made by Mina because Trisha has to go to her college during the morning time so she couldn’t make her time for breakfast. She studies at night as her daytime is a really tight schedule.  Along with her hobby to cook. So there are many small incidents which happen in this small family related to food especially in this girl name Trisha’s life who has to struggle to fulfil her hobby or we can say to mend her stress and frustration. All her family members are elder than her and all of them take their frustration, anger on her. Most of the people think that youngers get to pamper and all the members love them but only a younger ones know how to deal with the problems to make everyone happy and balanced everything. No matter how much the younger one tries to mend the things in the end they suffer the most. Since we have seen in this small story where a young girl who also happens to be younger in her house does lots of work just to achieve the best in her hobby. She sometimes also bakes cakes whenever there is an occasion in the house from time to time. Because during occasions also Mina remains very busy in other works of the feast so the cooking portion goes to Trisha as she is the only woman in this house after her mother Mina. So cooking meals for someone is really a big deal especially if there are fewer members in the family. However, this problem does not show in a joint family. People especially get tired of the nuclear families as Trisha has.Here we see Mina is choosy but helpful towards her daughter and bossy. Prabhat is a humble person he hates to fight or create scenes so he mostly keeps quiet. About their children, the elder one Kailash is a very irresponsible, insensitive person he hates it if he didn’t get what he wants and always scolded his only younger sister. Trisha is however a very decent child she didn’t utter any word to her parents or brother when they scold her.

July 02, 2021 06:00

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.