2 comments

Coming of Age Adventure American

Once upon a time, lived a girl named Mulan. She had a sister, mother, father, grandma, and her ferret friend Mushu. She lived in China in a beautiful home. Her father worked in the military and her mother cleaned the fragile China dishes.      

Mulan would help her younger sister with homework almost everyday. One day, her father received an email that he must go into war. Her father had cancer and could not go into war. “Father,” Mulan said to her father. “I must take your place in war” her father’s eyes widened. “You will not go Mulan, you must stay here where it's safe” “But father-” “That’s enough chit-chat for today Mulan.” She stomped off to her room. “UGH” 

That night Mulan had a sneaky plan to go to the military without her father knowing. She snuck out of her house and took her father's sword. She walks over to Mushu's cage and Mushu bounds to her shoulder. She hops in her car and uses her gps tracker to find the location of the military base. She drove to the lot and got out of the car. She looks around. “Wow” she says under her breath, “this place is elegant” She walks to the guard at the gate and shows him the text that her father had received. “Free to pass by,” he says. She walks right through smiling and sees that there are only boys in sight. Maybe all the girls are in the houses, she considered. She walks into the large house and sees one or two girls. She sighs and goes to find the bathroom to change.

After she had changed she goes back to her cabin and lays down. She falls asleep peacefully. The next day, Mulan got up early and went outside. She saw her teacher and bows with the others. She looks around and her teacher blows a whistle. She runs. They had to run for two miles. She runs faster and faster. Everyone stopped, and was exhausted. Mulan was too. But she had another intention. After that she had to do a hundred push ups in two minutes. She panted and went to bed that night exhausted.

She got up extra early and did thirdy push ups in two minutes. The next day Mulan did the same thing and got fifty push ups. Then seventy, then ninety, and finally a hundred. Everyone was impressed with her and was glad she had finally finished what she wanted to accomplish. She smiles and then came the day where she and the others had to go fight. They stayed one last night at the base. “Who knows who will live after tomorrow..” Mulan says. She sighs and looks at the others. “Yeah.” One of her friends say.

The next morning they had to get up early to fight. They got in their cars. They drove off and saw the enemy. They waited and saw the enemy yell, “CHARGE!!!” They drive their cars and have their swords out of the windows. They pump their feet on the gas pedal and kill others. Cars are exploding everywhere. Fires are making the battlefield intense. She sees them shooting flaming boulders at them and then she sees a large mountain with snow all over the top and sides. She jumps out of her car and runs to the mountain.

She takes her sword and it shines around in the sky. They see her and get a flaming ball ready.  “FIRE AT THE MOUNTAIN” they say. They shoot a flaming ball at the mountain and Mulan puts a hand to the ground. It rumbles and she sees the snow falling down. She runs and hops in her car and drives as fast as she can. Others get crushed and die. She drives around and quickly drives and picks up people and drives them away from danger. She drives the car and then finally the avalanche stops.

Mulan looks at everyone. They look at each other and then everyone looks at Mulan. “Thank you” they all murmur. She smiles and then she walks with them to the emperor. “You have saved our whole village. I offer you a place in one of the best armies in China” “your honor..I would love to accept your invitation, but..I must return to my family.” “Ah.. devotion to family. A very important thing about a soldier.” Mulan rises onto her feet and walks to her car.

A while later Mulan had returned home. Her sister ran to her. “Sister! I thought you died! How are you?” “You first” Mulan says. “I was matched!” Her sister exclaims. “What is he like?” “He's handsome, he’s a little shy, but he’s not afraid of spiders!” Mulan smiles and her mom hugs her tightly. Then Mulan’s father walks out. Mulan gets on her knees. “I’m sorry father, I took your armor and sword..and the sword..it’s gone..I know how much that sword meant to you father..I’m sorry…”

 Her father looks at her with tears in his eyes. “That sword meant nothing Mulan, you mean everything to me.” He hugs Mulan tightly. The army soldiers drive into the town. “If you're here to hurt Mulan, you’ll have to get through me first” Mulan’s dad stands in front of her. “hurt her? No, no, no. We are here to reward her.” Her father looks surprised. “Here, a gift from the emperor” he hands her a wonderful sword and it has the same engravings. “Loyal, brave, and true,” she says. She flips the sword over there is one more. “What is this?” Her father says.

“Read it allowed Mulan.” Mulan looks at it. “Devotion to family” she says. The town claps and her father smiles. “The emperor has asked if you will reconsider the offer. He awaits your response” Mulan smiles and looks at her family. Her family nods and she gets in her car and starts it up.

I have to spam words now

Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye 

Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye 

Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye 

Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye 

Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye 

Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye 

Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye 

Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye 

Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye 

Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye

February 04, 2021 14:54

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

J The Hedgehog
14:56 Feb 04, 2021

I rote this story with a group

Reply

Show 0 replies
J The Hedgehog
14:55 Feb 04, 2021

This is a rewrite in modern days

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.