FACING A FAIRY SPIRIT

Submitted into Contest #60 in response to: Write a post-apocalyptic thriller.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Fantasy Mystery

We were on a tour to a far off hill station. Passing up through a thick forest, we reached on an open lush green place on the ridge. On a plain grassy patch, we took rest for a while. I was facing the setting sun from the opposite side over a mountain peak. Suddenly I saw a fairy like pretty posture in the dispersing rays of the sun.

“Look over there. How a pretty she is!” I shouted.

All the other three friends got focus their eyes in the direction of my hand. They could see nothing there. That fairy image was not on scene even to me.

My friends were wondering over my indication, “There is nothing to watch at. What did you see?”

I was ashamed of my act and replied, “Perhaps that may be my illusion”.

That wonderful spectacle suddenly clutched me into fear. I was feeling my head hot and heavy. Soon I managed to forget all about the mysterious event and got better after a while.

After some more brief walks on the top ridge, we came down to our rest place before the prevailing of complete darkness. We had hired a hall shaped room in a rest house just at the middle of the forest area. There was a little river flowing in front of the house which made it a fancy place to stay in gay.

All four of us were lying in the same wide hall on separate beds. At the mid of night, I woke up a little. Abruptly my eyes spotted the fairy spirit in the dim blue light of the hall. The door was close and she was standing beside the door spotting at me with strange shining eyes. I rubbed my eyes and then saw again to clear the vision. She was still on the scene with pretty looks in strange fears. In appearance, she seemed a normal beauty blooming young girl. As she stepped towards me, I cried in fear and she disappeared at once.

With the load clamor of my shriek, all the friends had awaken and asked me reason of my sudden cry. I was unable to show them the cause of my fear as she was not there to look at.

My friends kept on laughing over my strange behavior for a few minutes and then consoled me to sleep. They all went to sleep but I was in chains of fears to remain awake for the rest of night. That fairy creature didn’t appeared any more that night or even in the morning.

Next day, we terminated our tour due to an emergency meeting of a friend and returned back to the city.

On the following night, I was sleeping alone in my bedroom on the second floor of my house. Time had entered into the last hours of the night when my bed began to vibrate. I got fear of that trembling trace and switched on the lights. There was nobody present and the bedstead was also in its normal position. I was in the manacles of fears and mystery. I kept the lights on and went back to my bed to sleep. An unknown fear kept me awake.

An hour latter, I felt a hand touching my head. I turned back to look at and found the same fairy spirit there. I was submerged in sweat due to that horror sight. That fairy creature took a round of my bed and seated on the sides of my feet. I was on the mercy of terror trapping circumstances.

I was trying to say something but could not speak. Suddenly her first words stroke against the hearing of my ears, “Fear not of me. I am your beloved.”

Though the words were quite affable but I got no amusement of her love like talks. My body temperature had risen up to many degrees and I was trembling in the company of that mystifying creature.

After a pause of a moment, that fairy spirit began to say, “I am enthusiast of you. I wish you to become my love.”

I conceived no notion to reply her. Then my fear reached to its optimum level when that fairy extended her arms to embrace me. I became insane too sudden due to the waves of fear and terror hitting me hard.

The sunlight was pouring in through the window panes when I came back to my senses in the morning. That fairy creature was not present there. I checked myself and the room around for any calamity but found no mishap. She had departed from there without hurting me.

Getting me out of nightmare, I put me busy in routine works that day. Then I didn’t see that very spirit for a decade. I had forgotten almost all about the strange happenings and encounters with the fairy spirit.

One day I was sitting all alone in my office and checking the routine papers and files. I looked up and found a lady sitting in front of me on the chair. I soon recognized the fairy spirit. She was wearing the same dress, possessed similar stature and kept on the familiar pretty looks.

In my fearful tones I dared to ask, “Why are you here?”

“I love you. I chase you to amuse myself”, she replied in plain words.

I was absorbed in the impacts of fear flung love of the fairy spirit. I was a bit less afraid that day at noon in the office.

“Why aren’t you forgiving me of my life? Please stop chasing me. I am in the realms of fear due to you.” I begged her mercy with all of my humiliation.

“Oh! No. Don’t afraid of me. I am your beloved. I am a love spirit for you.” she exclaimed in polite and amiable manners.

I recollected my courage and said, “I can’t make up love with you. Let me alone. I can’t pursue a spirit.”

“I am not a spirit. I am a fairy. I have intense love for you. Just trust me. I will never hurt you but protect you.” she gave a consoling statement.

I could find no words to accept or reject her proposal.

Then briskly she came forward towards me over the table with open hands saying, “Come on my dear. Let us embrace.”

A terror move pushed me back and I fell down along with the chair. A strong force picked me up to place back on the table. The chair struck the floor with a rattling sound and the fairy was out of scene at once.

To hear the noise a guard entered the room, “What is the matter sir?”

“Nothing happened. I was feeling a little giddy in my head.” I tried to keep me normal.

The guard set the chair and brought me water.

The event persuaded me to make a love relation with the fairy but soon I declined the idea. I did not visualize or see that fairy spirit for many days after the fearful happening in my office.

A month latter, I was on a morning walk towards the park. Just at the gate of the park, I met with an old girlfriend Sonya. Sonya accompanied me to the park. We ran two rounds of the jogging track in the park and made lovely gossip.

On our return from the park, when Sonya got separated in the way, she hugged me. I was amused much of the situation. Enjoying the taste of embrace, I pressed my arms on her waist. Then of a sudden, Sonya was nowhere in my arms. I was clutching my arms with my own belly. The embrace was empty of charms.

I was wondering over the mystery that an idea grumbled my mind, “Was it that fairy spirit in shape of Sonya? Had she deceived to embrace me?”

I was frozen on my steps and couldn't manage to move for the next ten minutes immersed in the ocean of fear and fantasy.

September 25, 2020 07:04

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.