9 comments

Drama Lesbian Romance

This is the second part of Choices. You don't really need to read it, but yeah, there is another part. Okay, enjoy!

“It doesn’t count if you’re already planning your defeat.” Damien tells me, probably quoting one of the books he likes.

I groan. “I know! But this is not going to work! She hates me!”

“Then why’d we come here?” He exclaims, throwing up his hands.

I sigh. I’m sitting in the car out of my ex’s house. Damien, my only friend, drove me here. He has short black hair, and rectangle glasses. 

I sigh again. “I just wanted to come! I’m over her!”

“You traced her to find out where she lived. You are definitely not over her.” He snorts. 

I frown. “Fine, I’m not. But I owe her an apology.”

“How do you know she’ll talk to you?” Damien asks before sipping his coffee.

I shrug. “I’m hoping she’s the same as she was in high school. If she is, I’m sure she’ll listen.”

“Well, good luck.” He says, pulling out his phone as I open the car door. 

I walk up to the apartment doors, reaching for the handle as it opens.

“Oh, sorry,” I say, moving out of the way of a familiar looking blonde girl.

She smiles at me, and says, “No problem.” before leaving.

I walk in, and go to the elevator. The elevator song is Taylor Swifts We are never ever getting back together, which really doesn’t help my confidence.

It finally stops at her floor, and I walk down the hall. I’m about to knock on the door, but then I realize I don’t know what to say.

I call Damien. 

“Did you do it?” He asks.

“No.”

“Why not?”

I walk back down the hall. “I don’t know what to say.”

“Just say hi, and you’re sorry. Explain what happened, and hope she forgives you.”

“Thank you.” 

I can tell he’s smiling. “Sure. Now go get your girl.”

“Okay, later.” I say before hanging up the phone. 

This time, when I go to the door, I force myself to knock. I wipe my hands on my pants, hoping she’ll remember me.

She opens the door, and I smile to see her again. 

She kept her brown hair short. We’re about the same height now, but I’m still taller. She looks like she’s been crying, which is concerning, but her bright blue eyes still look beautiful as ever.

Her jaw drops, and her eyes fill with tears. “R-rose? Is it really you?”

“Yes, Junebug, it’s me.” I whisper, using my nickname from highschool for her. I reach in my bag, and pull out a bag of donut holes I picked up before coming here. It was her favorite in high school, and it might still be.

She stands there for a second, and glances at her phone. After a second, she drops the phone, and throws her arms around my neck, sobbing.

I wrap my arms around her, and smile, relieved she’s not mad.

“I’m so sorry.” I whisper. “I didn’t want to leave.”

She shakes her head. “I forgive you. But please, tell me later. I want to know how you’ve been.”

We spend the next half hour talking. I find out she isn’t in college yet, like me. She works at a coffee shop she tells me I have got to go to. 

Finally, she asks about why I left.

“My dad found out I was bi.” I tell her. “”He was embarrassed, and made us all move. I couldn’t tell you, because I didn’t want to see you upset. I tried so many times, but I couldn’t. I’m so sorry, Junebug, I never forgot about you.”

“I didn’t either.” She says, taking my hand. “I’m glad you came to find me.”

I smile. “I’m glad I found you.”

“Do you-” She pauses, taking a breath. “Do you maybe want to try again?”

I grin. “Yes!”

“Oh, thank god.” She says.

I hug her, laughing in relief. I’m so glad she asked. I don’t think I would have been able to.

“June?” I ask when I pull away. “Why were you crying before I got here?”

She bites her lip. “Remember May?”

“Yeah, she was your best friend, right?” 

She nods. “Still is. Other than you, she’s the only other person I’ve ever loved. I never told her, and about five minutes before you left she went to go propose to one of our friends, and I don’t think she likes me. I was going to text, asking her to marry me, but you came.”

“Oh, June.” I say as a tear slides down her face. “If she doesn’t like you, she doesn’t deserve you.”

She smiles. “My mom used to say that.”

“I learned it from her.” I say.

 “Wait, what?”

“Yeah, uh, I asked your mom for help asking you out.” I admit, blushing.

I lived with my dad and brothers, so I didn’t learn how to do that stuff. June’s mom was amazing.

She smiles again. “Well, I’m glad you did.”

The door knob turns, and the door opens. It’s the blonde girl I saw leaving when I got here, and I realize now that it’s May.

We never really liked each other. We acted nice in front of June, but I always hated her. She hasn’t seen me yet, and she rushes in.

“She said yes!” She squeals. 

June smiles. I can tell it’s fake. She looks pained, but tries not to let May see.

“That’s great!” She says.

May stops short when she sees me. “Why is she here?”

“May, I can have whoever I want in my apartment.” June points out.

May frowns. “But her? She broke your heart, and now you’re holding hands with her?”

I start to pull away, my face red from embarrassment, but June squeezes my hand. 

“May, I still love her.” She says. 

She does?

May frowns. “Why would you love her?”

“Why is this bothering you?” 

“Because I don’t want to have to stay with you when you cry over this idiot again!”

June stops. “What?”

“I-I didn’t mean to say that.”

June’s lip quivers. “But you did.”

“I-June, listen, I didn’t mean that, I only meant-”

“Just go.”

“June-”

“GO!” June yells.

Whoa. June never yells. That surprises May, and she shuts up. 

“Okay.” She says. 

When she’s gone, June turns to me. 

“I’m sorry. She’s an idiot.”

I squeeze her hand. “You don’t mean that.”

“No, I don’t. She is sometimes, though.” She sighs, leaning against me.

I smile. “I agree with you.”

Two years later:

“Juniper Daniels, do you take Rose Denner to be your lawfully wedded wife?”

She smiles at me. “I do.”

“Rose Denner, do you take Juniper Daniels to be your lawfully wedded wife?” 

I grin. “I do.”

“You made now kiss the bride.”

November 02, 2020 22:41

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

9 comments

Rhondalise Mitza
22:42 Nov 03, 2020

Hiii! Just wanted to swing by and say I read your bio... I love your music lists AND Rainbow Rowell is one of the best contemporary authors in YA. :) Have a sweet day, Lavinia!

Reply

Ari Berri
22:43 Nov 03, 2020

Rainbow is definitly awesome. You have a great day too!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Emmanuel Olaleye
19:42 Nov 12, 2020

This is a good story Greyson. I'd advice you mellow down on your use of dialogue tags, it slowed down the pace of your story. A great write this is.

Reply

Ari Berri
19:44 Nov 12, 2020

Thank you for the feedback. I'll try that next time. I'll be sure to check out some of your stories.

Reply

Emmanuel Olaleye
16:31 Nov 13, 2020

It's a pleasure to read you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
06:35 Mar 05, 2021

WoW just w w w ww w w w w w ww ww o o o o o o o o o o o o w w w ww w w w w w ww ww XD the first story was a solid ninety degree cliffhanger, and this one is out of the galaxy. and there is one tiny problem, i don't usually care about typos, the perfect villain, tho the last line is "you made now...", i guess it's supposed to be may, that one is quite tricky and i first read it as "yo...

Reply

Ari Berri
15:11 Mar 05, 2021

Thank you! I didn't even notice that, thank you. I'm in central US time. It's currently 9:12

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Unknown User
02:31 Jan 24, 2021

<removed by user>

Reply

Ari Berri
02:51 Jan 24, 2021

Thank you! No problem.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.