56 comments

Drama


“Hey, see you tomorrow. Bye!” Your best friend, Leah says as you guys leave the class to go home. 


As you leave the college building and exit the gate, you notice a group of students standing outside and talking about something in enthusiasm

“Yeah, you know, I never trusted that site until my friend told me she found her brother.”


“Really? That’s great.”


After eavesdropping on them, you decide to leave, lest you break into an endless flow of tears. Not until a few months ago, you had discovered a popular website called Find Your Loved Ones. You had scoffed when you looked at the advertisement. It was definitely a scam and also you had no idea if any of your loved ones ever existed in this world.


 Your perspective on this entirely changed when you watched 'Three Identical Strangers'. The movie was very different from what you expected. However, it set some desire in your heart to try the site and not consider it cursed and damned for a second. 


You bit your lips and tried to loosen up as your muscles tensed. Massaging your throat, you sat down at your laptop and signed yourself into that somewhat distrusted site. Your eyes widened as you noticed a plethora of people over there and lots of comments thanking the site for finding their loved ones. Nervousness had already settled into the pit of your stomach and it took you awhile to start hoping for the best. You knew for a fact that you had no siblings, but you just wanted to try it and after all, it was worth the shot.


Spending most of your time in that website, reading those happy comments, you wished you were born in a family that loved you with all their heart and not abandon a delicate and vulnerable infant. It wasn’t that you didn’t like being in the presence of your foster parents. You had lived with them for eighteen years, now you were a good twenty years young and had loved your foster parents as if they were your own.


You grow more and more despondent. It has been more than four months and that website, still, has no response for you. Frustration and anxiety runs hot in your veins as you quickly leave those celebrating students and stomp your way to your house.

“Arya, would you mind bringing me the parcel from the mail?” Matt calls out from the kitchen window.


“Nope.” You say and head towards the old and rusted mail box. You struggle to open it, but it gives away when you surprisingly yank it open, thinking if it’s resulted from the anger you were experiencing.


You haul the big wrapped package out of the mail and notice a crumpled letter. You stop in your tracks when you realize the purpose of its presence. You hurriedly take it out; you are not even ten percent sure, but with your naive self, you want to read it anyway. Your eyes well up when you notice your name printed on the baby pink colored letter. You break into uncontrolled sobs as you read further and further: the website has finally made a match for you and your ‘brother’ has written you a letter. You clasp your mouth with your free hand, trying to muffle your sobbing.


“Arya? W-what’s happened?” Matt shouts, concern clearly evident in his voice as he runs towards you followed by a clueless Rebecca.


You pass them the letter and bury your face in your hands. All this time you had been going around with the tag “adopted and alone”.

 Your foster parents look at you, expecting a reply.


“Is it that website?” Rebecca asks to which you nod.


“Why didn’t you tell us about it, A?” Matt says. “We didn’t want you all upset and depressed about it.”


“I’m okay, really,” but you’re really not. “I must go.” You look at them, with a smile even though it feels distant.


You reach the appointed cafe and wait patiently when you see a tall, well-built, young man walk towards you. You get up and embrace him with a warm hug. You are astonished at the thought of how your brother and you are alike; in appearance and behavior.


You two talk and share your emotions for hours long; Maxton’s crazy sense of humor lifts up your mood as he comprehends your present state of mind. The atmosphere feels ethereal and you can’t imagine how long you have been waiting for this very moment. You wait for the waiter to bring your order when Maxton pulls out a small picture frame from his bag and passes it to you. You look at it, not recognizing the other person with Maxton.


“That’s Myra, our sister. She died out of Tuberculosis last year,” Maxton says, pointing at Myra’s face. “Our foster mom had adopted both of us at the same time, luckily.


“I’m sorry. But we’re not the only siblings?!” You say completely ignoring the mention of your sister's death, but flabbergasted about the fact that you don't just have one, but two siblings.


Maxton nods with a sympathetic smile plastered on his face.

“And, you won’t believe this, but we are actually quadruplets.”

You snap your direction towards him at his mention of ‘quadruplets’, 


“Also, our biological parents aren’t dead. They, coincidentally live in the same city as us. But, honestly I don’t intend to see them.” Maxton says with a scowl.


“If our sibling does exist, then we must make a trip to our biological parents. They might have some information.” You say, though agreeing with Maxton.


Maxton looks up at you with a thin-lipped smile, considering your suggestion. You find yourself breaking into a grin as well when you understand he’s accepted your offer.


Your day has been spent in an adventurous ride of appalling and joyful moments and whatever you can think of. Nevertheless, the journey for the sibling hunt continues.


So, for now it’s two found, one to go.

June 23, 2020 10:22

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

56 comments

Batool Hussain
16:54 Jul 14, 2020

Hey there! A very good first story. So intriguing. Kudos! *_*

Reply

Orenda .
16:56 Jul 14, 2020

Thanks, means a lot!!!

Reply

Batool Hussain
16:58 Jul 14, 2020

Welcs;) Are you new here? Because, same!!!

Reply

Orenda .
17:01 Jul 14, 2020

I am and I'm new to writing as well haha...and you seem to have a great style in writing :)

Reply

Batool Hussain
17:04 Jul 14, 2020

Thanks! Talking about that, I would love some feedback from you on any of my stories( whose title appeals you:) )

Reply

Orenda .
17:05 Jul 14, 2020

Okayyy....no probs! 🙂😊

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Jyotish Chandra
12:58 Jun 30, 2020

Nice story.

Reply

Orenda .
14:57 Jun 30, 2020

Thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Mehak Aneja
13:18 Jun 29, 2020

Brilliant!! Literally loved your story. Very nicely written. Would you mind reading my story and giving it a like?? :D

Reply

Orenda .
17:22 Jun 29, 2020

Thanks a lot and I'll surely check out your story.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Imane Sah.
19:22 Jun 28, 2020

Nice story....Keep going!! 👌👌👌

Reply

Orenda .
08:35 Jun 29, 2020

Thank you so much. It means a lot to me😀

Reply

Imane Sah.
09:25 Jun 29, 2020

No problem!! Keep writing and have a great day.... ☺☺☺

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
04:50 Oct 31, 2020

heyyy

Reply

Orenda .
06:23 Oct 31, 2020

salut!

Reply

B. W.
06:39 Oct 31, 2020

Hola

Reply

Orenda .
06:40 Oct 31, 2020

what're you doing now? It's like super late in your place, right?

Reply

B. W.
06:42 Oct 31, 2020

Nothing really, just kinda watching youtube and being on this. It's kinda like 2 am for me or really close to it :/

Reply

Orenda .
07:30 Oct 31, 2020

hmm, cool!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Keerththan 😀
10:06 Sep 24, 2020

Hey Orenda That's a great story! Loved the show of the characters feelings and hunting siblings is a wonderful concept (and this isn't crap :) ) Keep writing. Keerththan

Reply

Orenda .
10:07 Sep 24, 2020

awww thnxx💕💞

Reply

Keerththan 😀
10:08 Sep 24, 2020

Welcome😍❣️💞

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
17:34 Sep 23, 2020

wait you've also been getting down-voted?

Reply

Show 0 replies
B. W.
00:22 Oct 30, 2020

hola amiga

Reply

Orenda .
02:53 Oct 30, 2020

helllo

Reply

B. W.
03:09 Oct 30, 2020

hey ^^

Reply

Orenda .
04:10 Oct 30, 2020

how you?

Reply

B. W.
04:28 Oct 30, 2020

i guess im good

Reply

Orenda .
04:30 Oct 30, 2020

great. Im good too

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.