0 comments

Fantasy

One afternoon, during history class, Alex had a sudden thought. What if some of the people in history were trying to leave a message for them in the future? Then he suddenly thought, if he and his friends were to try leaving a message for the people in the future, what would he say? Then Alex decided to put together a time capsule with his friends. Suddenly the hell rang signaling the end 9f the day. Alex found his friends Nikki and Doug by the bike stand waiting for him. He wasted no time in telling them about putting together a time capsule and they could figure out a message to tell the people of the future.

Nikki said, "That's a good idea. I'm in. Do you have a good container for the time capsule?"

Alex responded "No, I don't have any container yet but I will be looking for one in this afternoon."

Doug looked thoughtful and said, "Do we want to get our history class involved? I imagine that Mr. Weber may have some ideas for a container."

Looking excited Alex said, "That's a good idea. Tomorrow at school, let's talk to Mr. Weber. He will probably be able to figure out what to use. Let's figure out what we want to put in the time capsule."

The three friends walked in silence for a few minutes, when all of a sudden, Alex stopped and said, "What kind of message do we want to leave for the people in the future? It needs to be important so they can know how we feel about some of the big issues we are facing today."

"No idea," said Nikki. "Let's think about it. Maybe we can get our history class to come up with something."

A few minutes later the three friends were arriving at Doug's home to get homework done. The afternoon was spent in a haze 9f writing and studying so they could be ready for the next day at school.

The next day, when the three friends bumped into Mr. Weber, in the hall, they asked him what he thought about putting together a time capsule for a history assignment.

Mr. Weber, a wise man in his forties looked thoughtful and said, "That is a grand idea. As it happens, I have a container to use for a time capsule. We just need to collect items and come up with a message for the people of the future. Let me ask the principal if we can bury the time capsule here on campus."

The three friends agreed and went onto their second period class. They were so excited that the rest of the day seemed to go by quickly. When they got to their history Class that day, they were bursting with excitement.

Mr. Weber greeted them with, "Your time capsule idea is a go. Start thinking of what you want to put in it. That will be the assignment for history homework today."

The bell rang signaling the start of the class. Today, they were continuing their study in the Civil War. Towards the end of the class, Mr. Weber announced, "We will be putting together a time capsule. In the time capsule, we will be leaving a message for the future citizens of our great city. Your part will be to come up with something that you can part with and leave it for them. We will be burying the time capsule on Friday. Have a good afternoon class." With that the bell rang and there was a flurry of activity.

Over the next few days, the three friends found items to place in the time capsule.

When Friday arrived, Mr. Weber said, "Let's leave your bag in here and take the items you want to leave for the time capsule out. We will get it loaded up and go bury it."

One by one, the students started bringing up their selected items and signing their names. Once Alex, Doug, and Nikki left their items, they were excited to see what would happen next.

The three of them lined up in front and led the way to the designated spot to bury the time capsule once everyone had finished leaving the items. The spot, in the campus lawn off the right of the front door, was marked with chairs, and the principal, Mrs. Brown was there. Once Mr. Weber and the class arrived, everyone sat down, Mrs. Brown stood up and said to the class, "This is a great day for burying a time capsule. Thank you all for your contributions. It was a great idea to leave a message for future citizens of our city. Alex, Nikki, and Doug, thanks for coming up with the idea. Would the three of you be so kind as to start on the hole?"

Alex, Nikki, and Doug came up, picked up the shovels and started working on the hole where the time capsule would be buried in a few minutes. Once the hole was big enough, Mr. Weber said, "I have always liked including different people to leave words of wisdom for our capsule. On this sheet of paper, I have typed out what they have said." He placed the paper in the capsule and closed it tight.

Mrs. Brown helped Mr. Weber place the time capsule in the hole. Once that was done, Nikki, Alex, and Doug started burying it. Once that was done, Mr. Weber and Mrs. Brown lead the class back inside just a couple minutes before the bell rang signaling the end of the day.

Alex, feeling excited, said, "That's incredible. What do you think?"

Doug answered, "Just think, one day in the future, that time capsule will be unburied and someone will get our words of wisdom."

Nikki replied, "And we have you to thank for it, Alex. You brought our class together to accomplish this." And with that, the three friends went home to enjoy the weekend, playing games, hanging out, all after they finished their homework.

October 09, 2020 02:43

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.