0 comments

Romance Friendship Drama

"Ten years had passed in a blow", Leslie thought. 

It was this day but 10 years back now when she promised her best friend Kim that she will come back for him in this Skyscraper in ten years time to meet him again. 

She came first to the place but was a little amazed... Why?

                                                Because the Skyscraper had been broken down to a massive Love tower.... "what!!, cut the crap out of the thing I'm seeing" she said in her thoughts. "It was a big skyscraper from where the whole city could be seen, aww.. the people of this building were quite shy, I guess. Because no other agency would close down this picnic spot", she uttered between her thoughts. 

"Wait! This is a love tower but why isn't there any people?..." She went to the reservation counter and asked the old man"Uncle can you say why is the tower closed? It is not even Saturday.." The old man's voice was too harsh, Leslie wanted to run away from that man but she wanted to know the reason behind the tower being closed. The old man replied"Little Girl, if you want to go up on the tower you need to pay a reservation charge, so that no other couple cannot disturb your private time and you need to bring a partner for some discount". "Then uncle where are the couples who reserved this??" Leslie shot back. "See we have our online website and we do bookings online, a young man reserved this online, mailing us that he has an important meeting with his friend and wants to propose her there". "Thank you for the information uncle, see you later" she said this and turned back to find a spot to sit. 

 A complete one hour had passed...

Leslie felt very disappointed that her best friend didn't come and he had even forgotten her. A lone tear fell from her eye and she stood up, turned back towards the exit and started moving. Suddenly someone with pale and long fingers puled her towards him.

BAM... She banged herself on the man's hard build body. She looked throughout his body"hmm, good figure maybe his face is also good looking..." She looked up in his eyes, while he was busy staring at hers. Suddenly a electric shock passed through her body. It was...It was...It was her best friend and her crush Kim. She couldn't believe it was her friend and after ten years he had completely changed. "oh, Gosh!! he's so damn hot", thought Leslie. 

She was lost exploring his body when Kim interrupted "Sweety, lets go..." 

"Huh! um... Where?", Leslie murmured waking up from her dream.

"To the tower... A surprise awaits for you up there",said Kim in a little romantic way.

"Are you really kidding??... The tower is reserved for some other couple...", she said laughing."The reservation uncle said me that some one had done the booking online."

"Hmm... Its me !!", said Kim.

Leslie became a little sad by hearing that because previously she had heard from the uncle that a man had booked the tower for proposing to a friend of him. By seeing Leslie's long and sad face Kim said"Why did you become sad sweetheart? Is anything bothering you?" 

"No... um...uh...nothing, I must be bothering you and your special friend. I am leaving first, hope you enjoy your day with her...", Leslie spoke while tears fell down her eyes.

"I didn't get you clearly, could you explain me the whole thing?... I want to know what you know that makes you sad", spoke Kim.

"The reservation uncle said me that a person booked the tower online, You said that its you, the uncle also said that the person has a meeting with a very special friend of him and he is going to propose her, so if you are the person you have another girl to meet and propose so I should be the one to bother you up... I'm so sorry ", Leslie said while crying.

"So why are you crying and I think I can give her my time later", saying this he grabbed Leslie's hand, showed the pass at the counter and pulled her to the tower. The tower was decorated with twinkling lights, roses, Shining hearts and a marvellous centered heart with flower petals. Leslie looked around the tower a candle light dining table was also set up. "He really cares for someone else, see Leslie see its not for you, its for another girl and he really likes her...", Leslie spoke to herself. 

The tower was circle with a bigger area and circumference. The round sides were open like a balcony but the tower had a long closed ceiling. Leslie went to a place where she could see the river flow, it was their favourite childhood spot... Oh! Wait not their's but her and Kim's. Seeing her Kim went to her side hold her by her waist and said "This place belongs to us..." he couldn't complete his sentences when Leslie interrupted him"A little grammar mistake, not ours but mine and yours... You like someone else do not make her embarrassed by calling me and you as together like 'ours' ". 

"Yes I like someone... but the girl is ... you. I liked you since when we were young but I couldn't reveal it. I swear you, today will be the happiest day in your life". Kim said this and pulled her towards the center... Sat on his knees and said opening a ring box,

    "Will you be mine forever?... Will you marry me?... I will never leave you alone, I will walk by your side together through any struggle you or we both face... I will take care of you just like a mother, guide you just like a father, give freedom just like grandparents, help you just like siblings, have fun just like friends and love you just like a perfect lover or soulmate. I promise you to perform my whole responsibility as a husband". Said Kim in a eager and gentle manner.

"You did all this for me, why didn't you say this at the first... I also like someone... and that is only you, I will be your forever. Yes! absolutely yes I will marry you, I will care, guide, give freedom, help, have fun and love just the same way you will do. I am sure to do up my duty as a wife should do". She said putting her hand into Kim's accepting the engagement ring. 

Kim put the ring on her finger which fit perfectly, it was shining too then he stood up and hugged her tightly, she too put her hands around Kim's waist and hugged him.

Kim pulled her back and bent down towards her to kiss her... She also agreed and stood on her toes to kiss him back... As soon as their lips had touched a marvellous firework filled the sky. It was New Year's Eve. 

They both when small came to the previous Skyscraper building to see this perfect fireworks on every New Year's Eve. They still remember being together when they were young. A glimpse of the past years flew past their eyes and both of their eyes met each others. Kim bent down to kiss Leslie a last time that day and leslie too kissed him back again. They held their hands together, Leslie said "Today we are again standing at our favourite spot not as a best friend but as a couple...". Then she put her head on Kim's shoulder and enjoyed the firework and as well as Kim's company.

October 01, 2020 15:51

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.