A Crush On Nate Wilson

Submitted into Contest #91 in response to: Set your story in a library, after hours.... view prompt

23 comments

Drama Funny Romance

The school work I had that day was rough. I was heading to my locker to get my homework and a few books I had to study with. I dreaded the walk to my locker. My classes were all the way on the other side of the school. The placing of my locker was very unfortunate.


I opened my locker and out flew a note. I remember watching it fall to the floor before reaching down to pick it up. I was almost sure it was homework that fell from one of my folders or something I may have forgot to turn in, but no. It was not homework at all.


Hi Natalie,

I heard from a good friend that you may or may not have a little crush on me. I know school is ending pretty soon, but I was wondering if you could meet me in the library at 5:30pm. The school will be closed by then, but I have tutorials and they end around 4. I plan on hiding in a bathroom stall until I can secretly make it to the library. if we get caught, we could possibly be expelled or suspended. I'm praying you show up and we aren't caught by any janitors.

See you soon (hopefully)

xoxo Nate


Nate was the hottest guy in my school (in my opinion). He could have any girl he wanted. So why the heck was he interested in me? I thought it was weird. I looked at the time quickly. The time read 3:30pm. I rushed home to shower and change, but the whole time I was wondering if this was some prank. I was sure someone as hot as Nate Wilson had a girlfriend. But I didn't want to risk not going. I could've been missing out on a lifetime opportunity. I had a massive crush on Nate.


I rushed to the library just as the clock hit 5:30 on the dot. I was excited to see if Nate was actually there. Nate and I had been only friends since grade school. I had no clue he felt that way about me.


"Hello? Nate? Are you here," I called out peering around each bookshelf. The lights were all off and it was rather dark in there. I was beginning to give up my search for Nate in the large library until I turned around to a familiar smile.


"Natalie," Nate smiled. "You came!" I could see the excitement on his face. He looked so genuine and happy to see me there.


"Yeah, I came. Is there something you wanted to tell me? Why'd you ask me to meet you here," I remember asking. I was trying to play it off as if I was cool. He stared me up and down and I began to fidget. I was uncomfortable. Nate smiled. His smile felt warm and homey. He wrapped his arms around me and squeezed tight. The hug was totally unexpected and quite awkward if I was being honest, but none of that mattered at the time, because I was there. Alone. With my crush.


"I've been knowing you for a few years now. I've watched girls come and go, but your different. You're so sweet, beautiful, smart and talented. You've been a great friend to me and I wanted to tell you thank you. I appreciate you so much.. And I wanted to know....," He began. My heart started racing. I felt my entire face get very red. My pale, paper white skin felt like my blood turned into boiling water.


I began to fidget and bite my lip, but I tried not to look desperate. Was my freaking crush about to ask me to be his girlfriend? This was all just too good to be true. I waited and waited for him to respond. But he stood there. He had a smile on his face, but I wasn't smiling. I had butterflies. I felt like I was melting. I wanted him so badly to ask me out. I wanted to be the girl on his arm instead of some popular cheerleader, who he'd usually go for.


He was just standing there in complete silence, like a weirdo. "Are you going to finish what you were saying before you oddly paused? I'm getting kind of antsy Nate," I said with a forced smile. I was becoming impatient. Nate scoffed and began to rub his hands together. It was becoming creepy to me.


Nate's smile suddenly turned into a burst of laughter. I was confused. And seconds after the lights in the library turned on. And Nate's friends walked out with cameras, also in a burst of laughter. By then my face was as red as a firetruck. I had a hard time connecting the dots to realize what was going on.


"You just got pranked! You really thought Nate would like you?," Nate's friend, Spencer, asked me. He was all in my face with his large camera. I felt so embarrassed. I couldn't believe my own friend would do this to me.


"What's this?!," I squealed like a child. "What are all these cameras for!"


They ignored my impulsive screams and continued to record me. Finally, Nate stepped forward to answer my questions, still laughing at me. "We have a YouTube channel. And this is what we do for content. We prank hopeless, pathetic girls like you and upload it for views," He said boldly.


"You know what," I said folding my arms, still upset. "I'm going to tell the librarian that we were here after hours so WE ALL can get in trouble since you guys think it's funny to prank me!"


Nate scoffed again. "My mom's the librarian. She's not going to be upset! She gave us permission to film our YouTube videos here!"


I sighed in defeat and left the library. After that incident, I never spoke to Nate again. To this day, it's still my most embarrassing memory. After all that happened, the video he uploaded with me went viral and I ended up gaining a big amount of followers on social media. The fame wasn't worth the embarrassment. I hope karma comes back for Nate. I'm sure it will.

April 30, 2021 04:12

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

23 comments

Olivia Dutton
19:25 May 06, 2021

OMG that was so funny I hope that doesn't not happen when I ask out my crush

Reply

00:38 May 08, 2021

Good luck !<3 much love!

Reply

Olivia Dutton
13:00 May 10, 2021

I have 2 ask him in 8th grade

Reply

00:17 May 11, 2021

Omg same age and grade as me!!!! new friend??

Reply

Olivia Dutton
13:26 May 11, 2021

what??? I'm confused how old are you

Reply

00:23 May 12, 2021

14 and a half, in the 8th grade. I'll be in 9th after summer!

Reply

Show 0 replies
00:24 May 12, 2021

14 and a half, in the 8th grade. I'll be in 9th after summer!

Reply

Show 0 replies
00:24 May 12, 2021

14 and a half, in the 8th grade. I'll be in 9th after summer!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 3 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.