31 comments

Gay Funny Romance

My name is March Spring.

My father is a part of a spy organization. I've been apart of it since I turned thirteen. Three years ago. He said his son should "learn the ropes."

I hate it.

I didn't get a say in if I wanted to be apart of it or not. My dad just assumed I did.

The only good thing is my best friend, Ryker, is there too.

I'm not supposed to know him. He's actually a prisoner, but I go to visit him all the time.

He won't escape, because he hates his family, my dads rivals, and doesn't want to go back.

I'm going to see him right now, actually.

I go towards the cells. I have blackmail on all the guards, so they let me in without question.

I go to his cell, and unlock the door. I push it open.

He's laying on his bed, but sits up when he sees me.

His long curly black hair is hanging in his face. It almost covers his amazing green eyes, but not all the way. His skin is close to pale from being stuck inside for so long. He has lots of freckles going over the slope of his nose, and under his eyes. We're the same height, but he's built, which is interesting, consisering he's been in this cell for a year. He's honestly really handsome. Especially compared to me.

I have long black hair that I refuse to cut, so I put in a small ponytail, and olive skin. My eyes are dark brown, and I look boring. I'm skinny, and a little strong. But, mostly just skinny. I'm flexible, so thats the one good skill I have.

Anyway, he stands up and walks towards me as I shut the door. He's wearing a plain white t-shirt, and white shorts. The room is small and simple.

White walls, bed, toliet, sink.

He kisses my forehead, which a thing he does.

Why?

Because I'm seceretly dating the son of my father's nemesis.

I can't tell my dad. He'd freak. I'm not even supposed to know he's here. But I suck at following rules.

So, even though I know he can't see me, I lean foward and plant a kiss on his lips to spite my father.

"Hey, Spring." He says. I hate my first name, so he calls me Spring.

I lay on his bed. "Hey, Ry. How's it going?"

"Boring. The food is terrible. Still." He tells me, laying beside me, twisting his fingers in mine.

"What food is it?" I ask.

" Milk, bread, and an apple."

"What's bad about that?"

"Spoiled, stale, and rotten."

"Ah."

"Hows your work?"

"Boring. Dad has me checking papers."

"Anything on my folks?"

"Yeah. They robbed some place. Didn't get caught."

"Can't wait till they do."

"Same. My dad is so stressed. I think he's worried they'll come and try to take you back."

"I hope they don't."

"Same."

"Why don't you?"

"Because then you'd be gone. I wouldn't have anyone to talk to."

"Awww."

"Shut up Ryker."

He laughed.

This is what we did. We'd just talk. Which is funny, because I have a really hard time talking to people. But it's so easy with him.

My watch beeps, and I curse.

I've got to go.

We stand, and he leans in, cups my face, and presses his lips on mine. I bring my hands to his waist, pulling him to me.

When we break apart, I put my forehead on his.

"I love you, Spring." He whispers.

I smile. "I love you too, Ry."

He lets me go, and I walk out. I lean aganist the wall by the door.

I really wish I didn't have to leave.

But, my dad will kill me if he finds me in here. So, I leave.

The next day, I'm in my "office". It's really just a big closet.

I have a small desk, and a rolling chair. I've got pictures on the wall, and a fuzzy carpet.

Nobody bothers me. It's an unspoken rule. I have an amazing punch.

I can hear people outside, but they can't hear me. It's a very nice arangement.

So, today, I'm working on my laptop, and I hear my dad outside the door. I stop to listen.

"Yes, you will be given this one chance." He says.

"Okay, sir." A familair voice replies. I make a face at the "sir".

"We have a fantastic agent who will be helping you." My father says.

Me? At least it's better then doing paperwork. I drink some water.

"Agent March will be helping you, Ryker."

I choke, spitting water on my laptop.

I'm still coughing, when there's a knock at the door.

"Just a second!" I yell loudly.

I look in the mirror behind the door, and wipe the water off my face.

No way is Ryker out. My dad would never.

I hope he did.

I shut my laptop, put on my jacket, open the door, and step out.

"Hello, Commander Daniel." I say plainly, trying not to look at Ryker who is ACTUALLY there.

I can't call him dad here. It's easy, because we're always here. I'm used to it.

"Agent March, you are being assigned to recently relesed prisoner, Ryker Change. You are to watch him, and not let him out of your sight. He will follow you, and follow orders. Any problems, and you have permission to knock him out."

He trusts me that much?

I nod. "Yes, sir."

Is this real? I get to stay with Ryker ALL DAY? And I can order him to kiss me? Not that I will. Probaly.

Anyway.

My dad marches off. Ryker smirks at me. I keep up my act.

"Come in here." I command, turning and opening my door.

He shuts the door behind him, and I start to shrug off the jacket.

"H-" He starts, but I put a finger to his lips, my jacket hanging off my arms.

My dad doesn't trust me.

I crush the tiny microphone that was on his shoulder.

"Okay, your good." I tell him.

He smiles. "Can you beleive this? He came down yesterday, and started questioning me, then today, he said he'd give me a chance!"

He sounds like an excited little kid, and I laugh.

"Can you believe I got assigned to you?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "No. I was shocked."

"Well, now I get to order you around." I tell him, grinning.

He grins back. "What are you going to do?"

"Hmm. Good question." I say, leaning close to him.

Then he does his stupid smile that he knows I love, where he puts the tip of his tounge between his teeth. It should look weird, but not when he does it.

So, I kiss him.

He pulls me towards him, and I reach my hands up, going up from his neck, to twisting in his hair. He pulls my jacket off, dropping it by our feet. He gently pushes me into the wall, and I pull his waist, bringing him aganist me. He bringing his hands up to my hair, and pulls it out of the ponytail. I wrinkle my nose, and I can feel his teeth on my lips, as he grins.

Finally, we break apart. He sits in my chair, and sticks his tounge out when I make a face. So, I sit on the carpet.

"So what are we gonna do?" He asks.

I raise an eyebrow.

"About us. Are you gonna tell your dad?"

I snort. "No. He'd freak out."

"For which reason?"

"What?"

"For it being me, for you being gay, or for you sneaking into the prison?"

"All of them."

"Oh. What would happen?"

"He'd yell at me for about an hour, and then forbid me from seeing you. And probaly put you back in the prison."

"Oh. Yeah, don't tell him."

I snort again. "Like I was going to."

Then, a bell rings.

"C'mon, lunch." I say, picking up my discarded jacket, and standing.

He follows my lead. "You seriously have a bell?"

"Shut up, Ryker."

I pull on my jacket, and face him. "Okay, I have a reputation, so I'm gonna be really mean, but just ignore it. Also, you need to look more helpless, and not like you were just kissed by your amazing boyfriend."

"I wasn't just kissed by my amazing boyfriend." He says.

"Yes, you were." I tell him, giving him a quick kiss.

"Yes, I was." He says, smiling.

I open the door, and his face immediatly changes. Now, he looks scared and helpless. I hate it, but roll with it.

"Lets go." I order,

We walk down the hallway side by side. I don't look at him directly, but he's an amazing actor. He's looking at the floor, shuffling his feet. People move out of the way, as we head into the cafeteria.

And.....the idiots are here. Great.

The idiots are a group of super annoying kids that are always bothering me. Their 'leader' is Mack. I'm smarter and faster than all of them, but their all stronger.

"Don't do anything." I murmer to Ryker.

"Okay." He mutters back.

Their coming over. I cross my arms.

"Hey, April." Mack says. He calls me different month names, and thinks it's the funniest thing ever. His brown hair is hanging in his face, and his skin looks like a fake tan.

"Hello, Mack." I say.

He looks at Ryker. "Who's your friend?"

"None of your buissness."

One of his friends whisper something that makes his eyebrows shoot up.

"Changes son, huh? I ought to hurt you." Mack says, stepping foreward.

I move in front of him. "No."

"What's wrong? Protecting your boyfriend?"

I grit my teeth. "I have orders from Commander Daniel. I am in charge of this prisoner. Lay off."

"I can't punch him?"

"No." He's seriously testing my patcince.

"Can I break his arm a little?"

I lean in so only he can hear me. "If you touch him, everyone's gonna find out about Lance."

He turns pink, then storms off, with his group at his heels.

Turns out, he likes guys too. I found him making out with another boy, and I've been blackmailing him since. He doesn't know about me, but I'm sure he suspects it.

"Let's go." I tell Ryker, who looks impressed.

We walk to the lunch line, and I glare at everyone who passes it.

"Good job with that kid." I hear him murmer.

I blush, and turn to cover my face.

"Thanks." I say softly.

It's interesting, I think as we get our food. I'm mean to everyone except Ryker. He's the only one that can calm me down, or make me peaceful. And it's annoying, but I love it.

We sit at a table in the back. Ryker looks shocked. I guess it's the food. We have pizza today, and friut, and juice. They made everything 'healthy' but it taste the same.

He shovels food in his mouth, and I raise an eyebrow.

"It's been a long time since I've eaten good food." He mumbles.

"Ah."

After we've eaten, I show him around the building. After that, we go back to my office, and kiss for a while. My dad comes back, and says Ryker's sleeping in my room. My room can only be opened by me.

Day after day, he slowly gains other people's trust, and I can talk more freely to him. He goes to lessons with me, and gets good, fast.

He's actually almost better than me.

In self defense we had to fight. It lasted a while, but I finally pinned him.

No one finds out about us. Of course they didn't. We're amazing spies.

August 23, 2020 22:46

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

31 comments

Chloe McLellan
13:38 Jun 08, 2021

I loved this so much. Just a few spelling errors but everyone has some so don't worry about it.

Reply

Ari Berri
00:27 Jun 25, 2021

Thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Unknown User
02:58 Feb 24, 2021

<removed by user>

Reply

Ari Berri
14:48 Feb 24, 2021

Thanks! I do, which is weird, because I've never watched Voltron.

Reply

Unknown User
15:00 Feb 24, 2021

<removed by user>

Reply

Ari Berri
15:02 Feb 24, 2021

I accidentally found Klance stuff, and became a fan even though I haven't watched it. Same.

Reply

Unknown User
15:07 Feb 24, 2021

<removed by user>

Reply

Ari Berri
15:14 Feb 24, 2021

Yeah, YouTube and fanfics are how I found it too. I can't remember for sure, but did you tell me about Wattpad? If not, ignore this.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.