0 comments

Fantasy Drama Happy

Chapter 1

“Keefe Sencen!” I heard my dad shout. He waved my sketches in my face. “What's this? I thought I told you to study and not draw useless things!” He angrily said. “Sorry but Fos-I mean Sophie told me that I should do what I like in my life!” I said. My dad tore my drawings and threw it in the trash. “Study.” He growled. I clenched my fist. Horrid family I thought. I dug out a piece of paper in the trash and smoothened it. Foster had requested to draw her. I leaped in front of Havenfield and knocked. “Hello-oh! Hey Keefe.” Edaline let me in. “I just made some Custard Bursts. Do you want one?” She asked. “Yep!” I grinned. “Sophie! Keefe is here!” Edaline called. I heard someone come downstairs and ate a Custard Burst. “Yum! Good as always Edaline.” 

“Hey Foster.” I said, taking the yummy snack. 

“So Whatcha come here for?” Sophie asked when we were in her room (with a tray of Custard Bursts). “Hey! Am I not allowed to visit the mysterious miss. F?” I teased. “I know you want something.” Sophie laughed. “Okay fine. Here.” I said, handing her the drawing. “Oh! Keefe!! Wait...why is it all crumpled? Oh no. Please don’t tell me your father…” Sophie’s voice trailed off. “Well...I’m kinda used to it now. One of the benefits of being a Sencen.” I joked. “Okaaay.” 

That’s when Edaline came up and said, “Dex is here too.” 

She left and Dex came inside of her room. “And what are you doing here?” I asked Dex. “To dye Iggy .” Dex said, slipping Iggy and elixir. Iggy became ice   blue and gold and started to chase Dex’s cape. “Hey!” Dex accused, pulling his cape away. Sophie laughed. “Welp. I gotta help my dad in the Slurps and Burps.” Dex said, leaping away. “Sooo.” I said, trying to break the silence. “Want the last Custard Burst?” Sophie asked. “Sure.” I said, eating the last piece. “Hey Soph.” Fitz said, appearing in the doorway. “Why do you have so many guests?” I asked. “Dunno.” Sophie answered. “Ahem! Can Sophie and I have a private conversation?” Fitz asked me. I narrowed my eyes and said, “hey! Leaving me out on the fun? No way! I’m staying.” 

“Okay.” Fitz sighed. “Sophie...I...ugh I’m so bad at these. Okay hold on.” He took a few deep breaths before saying, “I...reallylikeyousocanyoupleasedateme?” 

I froze. Even though he said it weirdly, me and Sophie heard it correctly. I knew he had said, “I really like you so can you please date me.” 

Flushed, I leaped to the "Waves of wimpiness". 

I fell onto my bed next to Mrs. Stinkbottom. “KEEFE SENCEN!” my dad stormed into the beach house. “Yes?” I tiredly asked. “What are you doing here on your bed?! Study before I send you to Exillium!” He boomed. I sighed and dragged myself to my desk. Exillium was for the banished and the kids who didn't make it into Foxfire. And the kids who got sent there by their terrible parents or got expelled from Foxfire. I began to study. I could practically hear Foster squealing, “YES!” to Fitz. 

With Sophie and Fitz

“I’m sorry Fitz...But I like someone else.” Sophie told him. “W-What? Who?” Fitz asked. “Um...I’m not ready to tell anyone yet…” Sophie said. “Sorry.” 

“Just tell me who!” Fitz said. “I’ll tell you when I’m ready.” Sophie said. “Fine.” Fitz said, leaping away. 

With Keefe

I just finished my homework when Foster hailed me with her imparter. “Heyy Foster.” I said, trying to sound chirpy. “Hi. Why’d you run off like that?” Foster asked. “Oh um...It sounded...personal.” I answered. “Sooo you guys are like...dating now right?” I asked. “What? No-”

“Are you calling someone?” My dad asked, snatching my imparter. “Sorry.” I mumbled, going back to studying. Ugh. I wish I was a Vacker instead of a Sencen. Maybe then Foster would accept me like she did to Fitz. My dad left and I was free. I ran outside to Slurps and Burps. “Hey Dex. I need an Elixir that would break Sofitz up.”

Chapter 2

“Umm there’s this thing where they would hate each other.” Dex suggested. “But that’s going too far.” He said. “Hmm If I do that then do you think Foster would forgive me?” I asked. “Uhhh nope.” Dex said, fishing out another elixir. “How about the balding one?” 

“Perfect!”

I leaped to Everglen and came up to Fitz. “So. How was your day?”

“Horrible!” Fitz groaned. “Anyways.” I said, pouring the elixir in his bottle of     youth when Fitz wasn’t looking. “Tell me about what happened.” Keefe said, handing him the drink. Fitz gulped it down. “Well, first I went to-”

“Oh wait! I gotta go sorry!” I said, leaping outta there. 

I grinned ear to ear and waited until the next day…

Next day at Foxfire

“AHHHH!” Fitz screamed when he looked in the school-hallway-mirror. He quickly pulled on a hat and flushed red. “THIS WAS YOU’RE DOING AM I CORRECT?!” Fitz shouted to Dex. “Nope.” Dex answered. “UGH!” Fitz moaned. I smirked at him and went to ditch class. “Oh no you don’t Keefe!” Foster said, dragging me to class. “Nooo Fosterrrr! Go drag your boyfriend instead!!” I groaned. “1, I don’t have a boyfriend and 2, you're not gonna ditch.” Foster said. 

“What a surprise you actually came to class.” Sir Bubu said. “No, I didn't, Foster made me.” I said. I was already getting bored. “Well take a seat.” He said. I sat down and took my sketchbook out. I began sketching my teacher (possibly  with boils) . 

After class, I ran out and bumped into Foster. “Yay! You made it! Now do that for every class.” She said. “Sorry nope!” I said, going outside to ditch. 

After school

“I cannot believe you went to at least 1 class.” Tam said. “Yeah well...believe.” I shrugged. “And also Foster made me…” I said. “That makes more sense.” Fitz said, still hiding behind his hat. “Why are you wearing  a-”

“LIHN DON’T EVEN FINISH THAT SENTENCE.” Fitz shouted. “Jeez okay!” Lihn said, offended. “Hey! Don’t yell at Lihn like that.” Biana said. Fitz sighed. 

My dad hailed me and yelled to me to study. “But I did enough!” I complained. “Are you talking BACK TO ME?!” He yelled. “No.” I sighed. “Got to go guys. Bye.” I said, leaping away. 

Not only is he strict but now he’s taking me away from my friends?! I flopped on my bed instead of studying. “WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?!” My dad said. I sat up. “You can’t be like this! You’re supposed to be my dad but you’re just horrible that’s what you are!” I said, running out of the beach house. I leaped to Havenfield where Foster was. “Whoa! Are you okay?” Foster asked. “No! You and Fitz are dating when I was gonna tell you first and my dad is a horrible dad and all he wants from  me is to study, study, and study!” I said, my voice shaky. “Oh...I didn’t realize...and did you just say that I’m dating Fitz?” Foster laughed. “Are you not?” I asked. “I...I rejected him.” Foster said. “What?” I asked. “And...maybe you could live with the Vackers.” Foster suggested. “Really?” I asked. “Yeah!” Foster said. “I just have to confirm one thing…” I said. “Could we possibly...date?” 

“Definitely. Afterall, you were my crush.” 

I hailed Fitz. “Hey Fitz! Can I live with the Vackers?” 

“Okay.” Fitz said. “So is it like Keefe Sencen-Vacker now?” I heard Biana say in the background. “I guess.” Fitz laughed. “Oh and I’m dating Foster now.” I said. Fitz was quiet for a moment before saying, “okay.” 

“Okay? I thought you liked her.” I said. “Right. I used to. Buut I guess I’ll support Sokeefe. Only a little.” Fitz warned. “Okay!” I laughed. 

“I can’t believe I don’t have to be studying all. The. time!” I told Foster. “You deserve it.” She said before heading inside. “Well, see ya later on our date!” Foster yelled over her shoulder. “Date? Oh! Okay!” I excitedly said. 

He arrived at Everglen. “Hey Bi! Help me get ready for my date!”

My dad hailed me. “Where are you?” He snapped. “Sorry Lord Cassius. But I don’t think you’re my family now.” 

January 29, 2021 19:51

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.