0 comments

Romance Adventure

I just met a guy who seeks interest in me. The only problem was that he liked carnival rides, I never been on one. I was terrified of heights, and the number of people. I didn’t want to get lost, and I had a feeling that I was going to. He promised me that he wouldn’t lose track of me, which led me to trust him. 

Jack and I entered Carnival Cotton. The carnival was named after their famous cotton candy. We got some cotton candy, and then he pointed me to a ride called the yoyo. The yoyo was similar to a giant swing set, and it goes in circles at a rapid pace. I shook my head in refusal, but he took my hand and made me sit on the swing. He sat in the one in front of me, and I had the urge to run. 

I looked left and right and got up from my seat to make my escape. 

“Excuse me Ms, please stay seated.”

“Sir, I need to go to the bathroom,” I whispered. 

“Ready Rose?” Jack said. 

The worker laughed and looked back at me. 

“Looks like you won’t be going anywhere, Rose.”

I sighed and sat down and he strapped me in my seat. The swings slowly rose from the ground, and my feet left the surface of the floor. I swung my feet as a reflex as if I was a bird trying to fly for the first time. 

“It’s ok, Rose. It will be fun, trust me!” Jack yelled over the people's screaming.

Suddenly the swings raced in circles at an extremely fast pace, and the wind blew my hair back. I felt free. 

“Rose! Throw your hands out!” Jack said. 

“I noticed my tight grip on the side of swings, and saw my knuckles turn white.”

“What if I fall!” I said. 

“You are strapped in, don’t worry! Look, I will do it first.”

He threw his arms out and laughed in excitement. 

I loosened my grip on the swings and followed his motion. I began to laugh, and he did the same. 

“See, you got it!” 

“YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!” I yelled. 

The swings began to slow down, and my feet met the floor once more. I was out of breath from screaming, I don’t think I laughed so hard in my life. 

“You did amazing!” Jack said. 

“What should we do next!” I begged. 

“I knew you would want to do more!” He laughed. 

“How about that one over there?” I pointed. 

“You want to go on the ride of skulls? You know I only took you on a swing set right? Are you sure you don’t want to ride on the ponies instead?”

“Seriously, Jack?”

“I’m only messing, I’m in if you are!”

We walked over to the ride of skulls, and he walked in front of me. When I followed behind him, I was stopped by another worker. 

“I am sorry Ms, you are too short to go on this ride.”

As I looked ahead of me, he was already on the ride. 

“Jack! I can’t go on this ride! They said I am too short!”

“Ok! I am coming!” 

He hopped off the ride, but the worker once again stopped him. 

“I am sorry sir, you are not allowed to leave until the ride is over.”

“BUT IT DIDN'T EVEN START YET!”

“I only get paid if you ride, so shut up and sit down.” The worker said.

“Let me go, man! She doesn’t want to get lost and I promised I wouldn’t lose her!”

“What is she your little sister?”

“No, she is my baby, and I love her! Let me go.”

“No. She can go ride the ponies, she probably wouldn’t be able to ride any mature rides anyway.”

“It’s fine Jack,” I said. 

I walked away feeling the energy drain from my body. I walked around trying to find the exit, but I only saw fun rides instead. Rides that I wouldn’t be able to go on. 

“Excuse me, do you happen to know where the exit is?” I asked. 

“Look for it pipsqueak.” The girl laughed. 

I felt like a rain cloud was hanging over me, only adding lightning through my veins. I wanted to call my mom, but I felt that was even more childish. I found myself looking at the ground as I walked, and when I looked up I was unaware of my surroundings. Something inside me told me to go find Jack, but he was probably mad at me for leaving. I walked further until my heart struck me and made me turn around to find him. 

I ran so fast and bumped into everyone standing in my way. 

“JACK!!!” I yelled. But he was nowhere in sight. I began to feel helpless. I should have never left him, I should have just waited until the ride was over. Suddenly I heard his voice from a distance. I followed it, and I caught sight of his long curly hair hanging over his eye. 

“Jack!” I yelled to make sure it was him. He turned around and his eyes were watering. He ran over to me and wrapped me in his arms. 

“You are making it so hard for me not to lose you!” 

I didn’t want to, but I started crying like a baby. 

“I’m sorry for not waiting for you! I was being a jerk.”

“No I was, I should have just pushed that moron aside and gone back to you.”

I looked up at his gorgeous green eyes, and his eyes were apologetic. 

“Want to just go home?” He asked. 

“No, I want to go on one more ride,” I said. 

“How about the lake of love?”

“I would love to.” I said, kissing him on the cheek.”

“I’m just happy you are still here.”

“I couldn’t find the exit.”

He began to burst into laughter, and he pointed to a sign behind the ride he was just on. 

“Are you kidding me?” I laughed. 

“The universe knew you didn’t want to leave.”

We both laughed the night away, and I felt safe once more and he carried me to the lake of love. 

May 08, 2021 23:51

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.