0 comments

Adventure Fantasy Drama

Grayson tried to focus his eyes and blinked rapidly. The face above him was blurry but he recognized it just the same. He rubbed his eyes and his vision cleared. He looked up at the face again and was in disbelief not because of the face but for other reasons. 

“It’s about time you woke up, Grayson, my son.” The face said.

“Look, for the last time I am not your son and where am I?” 

“All in good time Grayson, all in good time you will have all the answers to your questions.” The man said in a low voice. 

Grayson could barely hear him but he knows that this man doesn’t play around. He was all business. He looked around the room and saw about a hundred men standing around the four corners of the room. Most were hugging the walls. A few were standing near Grayson. He recognized the ones standing close to him. His friend, Caesar whom he had went to college with was at the foot of the bed. Caesar was tall and lanky and talked with a French accent because he thought it was cool. It wasn’t. Caesar was in Grayson’s Biology class and he hated every minute of it. Grayson had the misfortune of being his lab partner. Caesar complained every day and in the end he got a C in the class which was good enough for him. Next to Caesar was Bond. Bond was short and overweight and everyone called him “James Bond” because he wanted to be like him but never quite understood James Bond was a fictional character. Bond was nice but very gullible. That’s probably why he was here. He was so gullible. He was quick to believe anything. Sonny stood next to them. He didn’t know Sonny very well but heard plenty of rumors that Sonny’s family was in the mob for a long time starting in the 1930’s. Sonny had a reputation of being tough yet smart. 

“Why am I tied up and where am I?” Grayson repeated to the leader of the pack, Lufer.

Before he could say anything more he heard a thump on the ceiling and he saw more men jump through the ceiling and landing  near his bed. Grayson braced himself for the falling plaster from the ceiling and closed his eyes. But, when he opened his eyes again there was nothing. The ceiling was intact. The men had floated through the ceiling. Grayson then knew the one thing he wanted to know. He knew where he was. 

“Now do you know?” Lufer asked as he moved closer to Grayson again.

“Yes, I do. But, you know I can’t stay and won’t stay.” Grayson answered.

“Oh we will see about that.” Lufer put his hands directly over Grayson’s body and Grayson felt a fire go through him. It was the worst pain he had ever felt. His body shook violently as his eyes rolled to the back of his head. He tried to fight it but could not. The only thing he could do was wait until it stopped. And it did stop and start again many times in one hour. 

Grayson knew that he had to fight. He looked down at his tied up feet and wiggled them trying to loosen the tight ropes. The men kept falling from the ceiling every twenty minutes or so. They were all dressed in black and some had a literal fire in their eyes and they didn’t look human at this point. Grayson tried to sit up in the bed. He eased himself slightly up a few inches. 

“Are you ready to join us?” Lufer asked Grayson as he reentered the room. 

“No, I will never be a part of this world. Never.” Grayson yelled.

“But, my son, you already are.” Lufer laughed.

“I’m not your son and no I am not a part of anything.” Bryson clapped back. 

Lufer left the room again, taking some of the men with him. Slowly more men appeared and disappeared. Grayson didn’t know where they were going but he knew that he had to get out of there. He lifted his body up a few more inches and looked around at all the faces of the men left in the room and the faces of the new combers falling from the ceiling. He took a quick head count. 

Grayson motioned his head to one of them to come closer. 

“Uncle Charlie, you have to help me get out of here.” Grayson said to the older man standing next to the bed.

“I’m sorry I can’t do that.” 

“Uncle Charlie, look at me. You know that this is wrong. You aren’t like the other’s yet. I can tell that you aren’t. You still have goodness inside of your heart. That is not gone yet. You have to help me.”

“I’m sorry Grayson. I can’t help you. If I help you, Lufer will punish me. He said that he would hurt Annie. I can’t let that happen.”  Charlie responded.

“Annie? Where are the women, Uncle Charlie? He won’t hurt Annie. He doesn't hurt women.” Grayson said to his uncle.

“I don’t know where she is. The last time I saw her was at home in bed. We were both sleeping then some men jumped through the ceiling and took me away. They brought me here. I met Lufer and he told me that if I didn’t obey him he would hurt Annie.” 

“Uncle Charlie listen to me. He won’t hurt Annie. He is not interested in women. He only wants the men. The men in his world and mind are the stronger sex. He wants only strong men to use them. He told you a lie to keep you in line. That’s why you have to get me out of here. I need to get to the women.” 

“But, Grayson, what if he is telling the truth? What if he hurts Annie?” Uncle Charlie replied.

“Listen to me. You know I won’t let anything happen to Annie. Have I ever let you down before? You have to help me. Help me before it is too late.” Grayson implored his uncle.

“Ok, but how are we going to get you passed all these men? There has to be over a thousand of them now. Not only here but all over the island. He even has guards around the island.” Uncle Charlie asked.

“Don’t worry about them. Just untie my feet but don’t cause any attention for the other men. I need you to get rid of them from the room. Listen to me closely and carefully. I am going to tell you how.” Grayson said.

The men left the room after Uncle set it on fire with his special powers. Grayson ran as fast as he could to find the women. 

The women were on the other side of the island. The women had a plan too and Grayson had to help them. Grayson had a special power too. He had the power to fly like a bird. Lufer knew of this power and that is why he wanted him so badly to help him collect more men in his plan of evil. 

Grayson and the women slowly and methodically reached the other side of the island. They moved the men off the island in boats and once they were safely miles away Grayson returned. He had to deal with Lufer. 

Lufer was waiting for Grayson. He was sitting on his throne crowned in all of his glory. He smiled at Grayson with his crooked evil smile and glared at him.

“So, you think that you won?” He asked.

“I have won. Look around. You are alone.” Grayson said, returning his evil grin.

“I wouldn’t be so sure, son. You may have won the battle but you will never win the war. I shall return and this time I will succeed.” Lufer said.

“You won’t succeed because there are more good people in the world than evil.”

“I wouldn’t be so sure about that, son.” Lufer said as he disappeared into thin air.

September 23, 2021 16:20

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.