Mr. Joshua Jackson purposefully causes a power outage because the students were shouting and disturbing the entire neighbourhood.

Submitted into Contest #58 in response to: Write about someone who purposefully causes a power outage.... view prompt

0 comments

Thriller Mystery Drama

Mr. Joshua Jackson purposefully causes a power outage because the students were shouting ànd disturbing the entire neighbourhood.

A power outage is also termed mostly as a power cut or a power black out , power failure that is the loss of the electrical power network supply.

In my home country Electricity crisis does occur regularly.

There are faults of power stations damage to electric transmission distribution system.


One Friday, whilst the students were watching movies in the dormitory , shouting and disturbing the entire neighbourhood a Lecturer by name Mr. Joshua Jackson purposefully causes a power outage.

The University had no stand by generators which can automatically start up when electrical power was lost.

This power outage was the loss of the electrical network supply to an end user.

There are severe weather conditions such as lighting ,wind, ice, or even extreme cold are the most common reasons for power outages.

Lightning can damage electrical equipment and the wind and ice knocks trees and branches onto the lines.

Also living in a world without electricity means that people will have to stay in the dark. All sorts of major events will not be able to be broadcast around the World. In hospitals without electricity those to suffer would be due to the lack of medical services.

Also an unexpected electricity outage seeks to bring the family household or a gathering of students together.

Again an Electricity power outage can occur without warning can be stressful but in the case of Mr. Joshua Jackson the Lecturer ,he did cause the power outage purposefully.

The electrical power outage is also a long term loss of power in a certain area. Also apart from the fact that the Lecturer, Mr. Joshua Jackson causes electrical outages. Electoral outages can be caused by these factors.

Among them includes

Weather: The weather can be a real problem where high winds or flying debris damages power lines or causes them to touch and shout out.

Again heavy rain and flooding can also damage electrical infrastructure.

Spikes is the temporary increase in the electrical supply voltage that can result in a power outage. This is caused by lightning spikes tripped circuits breakers or short circuits.

Vehicles including motor accidents resulting in broken poles or causing power lines to touch that can lead to power outage.

Also during bushfires emergency Electricity supplies are often disconnected to everyones safety.

Animals coming into contact with pieces of equipment such as transformers and fuses can cause it to shut down.

When the outage lines are cut students will not disturb claiming they are watching television.


When watching Television with lights on it means you are watching television. Some power failures are brownouts in which you experience a temporary interruption in voltage.

Also black outs are the complete absence of power. Power outages are planned. There is a major disruption in the power supply that left people without power. The black out almost lasted up to a few hours and then affected all major areas in the neighbourhood .

Mr. Joshua Jackson also intentionally caused a power outage because there were instances of a brownout that is caused by high electricity demand that is almost near or about a utility production capacity.


However when this occurs the utility may seem to reduce the flow of Electricity to certain areas to also prevent a blackout. Also blackout can happen due to the large scale service interuption that can always as a result of some severe weather or failure at power plants.


Mr. Joshua Jackson in this circumstance causing a blackout or brownout knew that there will be black out.

The demand of electricity is always fluctuating and also electrical utilities then use their network of generators , substations and other transformers to make sure that they are producing and also misusing electricity unwisely.


Also in instances where demand is near or above the utility maximum production capacity, electrical demand will presumably decrease and allow the utility to restore full power.

Also while it's less common brownouts can occur as a result of some damage or malfunction within the grid or powerplant.

Also a blackout is said to happen when an electrical appliance stops entirely.

The term blackout does usually refer to large scale service interuption.

Again Mr .Joshua Jackson caused a power outage because there was smaller interuptions caused by almost things like transformer malfunctions that may result as to instances of power outages.

Again during a blackout due to power outages do make electronics safe by checking with your local utility to confirm that the brownout is from the grid. When everything seems to be normal the brownout conditions you are then experiencing may be as a result of an electrical problem or some sort of power outage within the dormitory.

The students went in search of an electrician for an emergency service, for they did not know the one who caused the power outage ,but it all came to no avail.

The Electricity Corporation then later came to the dormitory to advise students to use electricity wisely.


Again Electricity Corporation advised students to respond to minimizing the inconvenience and potential damage to all your electronics.

In addition the Electricity Corporation advised students in the dormitory to use electricity wisely because they are given Average Electrical bill to consumers of Electricity every month including the dormitory.

Students were advised not to waste time and resources in watching football and disturbing but to read constantly since readers will become leaders.


Also there is a rate per kilowatt hour (kWh) charged by the Electricity Corporation provider any time an individual uses electricity. When ever one uses electricity in the dormitory ,we seem to incur some electricity charges. In instances where the dormitory receives high utility bills of electrical charges.

Mr. Joshua Jackson estimates his monthly bills of electricity by helping them decide on a plan and do better budget for their utility bills of electricity.

When ever Mr. Joshua Jackson experienced and heard of disturbances in the dormitory he caused a power outage by putting off the transformer in the dormitory without warning.

The electricity outage is almost described as a long term loss of electrical power that occurs in a dormitory.


As in Mr. Joshua Jackson case the power outage occured due to some Electricity outage that must conform to all three criteria being

The service provider cannot have planned the outage.

There are also people and students who do experience the electrical disruption in a form of blackout.

Mr. Joshua Jackson is not a rude person

so the students shouldn't equate him as some other Cyclone Yasi who always attacks communities and dormitories to cause the widespread of power outage.


Finally , the Electricity Corporation then advised the students to respect Mr. Joshua Jacksons view by conserving electricity and using it wisely since electricity is being exported to other countries for foreign exchange.

Lastly, the students commented and nodded in agreement that they will keep the promise and advice of the Electricity Corporation , just to see the outcome of what will happen in the near future.


September 11, 2020 02:20

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.