3 comments

Creative Nonfiction Crime Friendship

This was supposed to be the happiest day of their lives.Romeo and Juliet had just jetted in from their vacation in Europe.It was good to be back home;holding each others' hands as they walked towards a waiting cab.

"South B -

A dark tinted van kept on trailing behind them;as it was at a higher speed-

"Sir! I think we're being followed, "the driver said.They became much more at ease when they realized having lost them from another route.The car screeched to an halt.

"What's wrong driver? Romeo asked

An old woman struggled with her walking stick to cross the road; there was something strange about the old lady as she stood upright with a gun in her hand. Shooting in the air as she came towards the door. Men masked in black had surrounded them;no place to run to.

"Get out of the car or we will shoot-

Juliet wept bitterly; holding herself tightly in the arms of her love Romeo -"honey we're gonna die.Romeo looked into Juliets' eyes; holding her hands.

"My love.listen to me we're not gonna die; am here.we will do this together , "said Romeo.

Together they held hands as they stepped out of the car;guns pointing towards their backs.They were pushed to lie down on a naked ground; their face kissing the ground.Tears sipping through the tiny holes in the ground.

A loud crack behind them bringing fear to them; Juliet closed her ears,tears ran down her cheeks.

Get up!

Romeo and Juliet stood up from the ground; the cab driver lied in a pool of blood. Oh no! Juliet cried on Romeos' shoulder.Everywhere was dark like night;they had been blindfolded and bandled into a waiting van.

In a deserted lonely house in a middle of nowhere; Romeo and Juliet had been held hostage, hanged from the roof like animal meat in the slaughter house.

Hey!pretty lady, "the masked man said

"Leave her alone,"Romeo shouted

Romeos' face was all covered with bruises as he was groaning in great pain;blood dripping all over his shirt.All they could hear were whispers; people laughing inside the room.Romeo tried to loose himself; his hands and legs were tightly tied together that he couldn't move an inch-

"Who sent you,? Romeo asked

A blonde lady in high heels walked into the room;the men removed the blindfold from their eyes. It took Romeo by surprise to see Egletia, his ex girlfriend before his eyes.

"You - Egletia!

Egletia smiled rolling her eyes from left to right, up and down; getting hold of Romeos' chin -"well! We have finally met again.

"What do you want Egletia? Me and you were done,"said Romeo "You say over,we didn't have a moment of proper goodbye,"said Egletia as she pulled a seat close to Romeo,removing the rope from his hands and legs;handed some papers to Romeo.

"Here,sign it-

Romeo wasn't ready to sign any papers for some reasons; as he scattered the papers all over Egletias' face.Egletia became so furious;landing a big slap on Romeos' cheeks.The anger on Romeos' face;moving close to Egletia trying to hit her.This men held him back.

Juliet was terrified; weeping as a gun was pointed towards her.

Please! Egletia don't kill my love Juliet

Ha-ha-ha - Egletia laughed so loudly that the birds from the tree were scared off from the tree.

Blood dripped from Juliets' heart as she laid on the floor; Romeo ran towards Juliet, bending over her-

"No ! My love Juliet am here -

Egletia pulled Romeo by the collar;staring at him,"so will you sign?

Romeo spit blood on the floor -"kill me Egletia but I won't give you a single money and I won't sign; tearing the papers in pieces and blowing all over Egletias' face.

Egletia held a knife as he stabbed Romeo; leaving him to die as they ran away. Romeo had been wounded; crawling on his stomach towards Juliets' lifeless body; his hand placed on top of her.

Romeo and Juliet were like the sinking titanic ship; there love remained strong even when they were sinking.Romeo singing-

"Love will go on and never fade-

taking Juliets' hand and giving her along,unbreathing kiss; dipping his finger in the blood and drawing a shape of love with initial R & J. Which means Romeo and Juliet.

"J-Juliet I love you a-and soon we will be together in our paradise,"Romeo said

The sound of Romeo groaning in pain from a distance ; all covered up with blood as he died holding hands with his love Juliet.The quite place with flies everywhere; the rotten smell as the police entered the house after some weeks finding bodies of Romeo and Juliet beyond recognition.

Weeping had been smelled in the air;their parents fainting as the lifeless bodies were being loaded into a waiting white van.A little girl stood right beside the mother; realizing Romeo and Juliet all in white garment holding hands.

The girl pointed towards the right direction; pulling her mothers' dress-

"Momma- look Romeo and Juliet

The girls ' mother didn't understand what her child was saying but what she saw was clear air. The spirit of Romeo and Juliet went into the clouds,covered up.

The news were all over the world papers; the mourning in peoples' hearts, the moment the two caskets were brought hand in hand for the burial. Egletia stood at the corner with a black heart;crocodile tears as she held a bouquet of flowers in her hand.A cold wind passed behind her;soft voice that called out her name -

Egletia!

Fear got hold of her as she turned towards one of her bodyguards,"did you hear that?

the bodyguard nodded his head for he didn't hear anything but the same voice kept on disturbing the peace of Egletia. Egletia ran off from the cemetery; throwing down the bouquet of flowers.

"What's wrong?

Pelle murmured among themselves; staring as Egletia ran away screaming and falling down like a mad woman.Her hat thrown into the bush;birds used it as a nest.

If only they couldn't have embarked into this trip in Africa; this couldn't have happened. Being killed in cold blood,by then it was too late.

November 20, 2020 06:26

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

Cathryn V
06:32 Nov 27, 2020

Hi Joan, thank you for this tragic story of Romeo and Juliet, a tale of jealousy and revenge. Adding in some details of the scene might make the story stronger. Keep writing!

Reply

Joan Opoyi
18:40 Nov 27, 2020

Hey Cathryn, Thank you for the comment which will definitely put more words to be a strong story. Your encouragement keep me moving in writing.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Therese Hudson
08:32 Nov 25, 2020

Good story, keep going

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.