1 comment

Fantasy

“Beep Beep, Beep Beep” Sienna’s alarm clock glared in second intervals.

“Rise and shine!”, Sienna’s mother greeted as she entered her room, “The ceremony for your father’s new company is today. You have an appointment at the spa at 12:30 and violin rehearsals at 2. Get up and let’s start the day!”

“Do I have to go to the ceremony?” Sienna groaned as she dragged one eye open after the other.

“Of course! Your father expects you to be there and play.”

“Fine.”, she said as she dangled both legs over her bedside. Sienna pulled herself out of bed and stood up. The small, soft bristles of her carpet wedged themselves between her toes. She started towards her bathroom and examined the hideous figure that stood before her in the mirror.

“Gross”, she thought as she began to clean up and get dressed for the day.

After a few minutes, she exited the bathroom clean and dressed. 

“That’s more I like it”, the hideous figure in the mirror was now remodeled into a decent looking young woman. Sienna slowly approached her window to view the outside world. She pulled the bottom of the window up to open the window. A lovely spring breeze filled her room.

She took a deep breath then exhaled. “Ah the crisp morning air of Miami, Florida.”, she thought to herself.

“Ready?”Sienna's mom questioned as she peeped her head through the door crack, “There’s a breakfast sandwich waiting for you on the kitchen counter. I’ll be waiting in the car. Come out when you’re ready.”

“Okay, thank you Mom you’re the best.”

Sienna took one more deep inhale of the clean morning air and began to walk downstairs. Her house was always relatively empty. She’s an only child and her parents are always out and about so her housekeeper, Mirabelle, is always the one that watches the house.

“Good morning Belle.”

“Good morning Ms.Sienna, the breakfast sandwich is still fresh and hot. Don’t burn yourself”

“Alright thank you! I’ll be heading to my appointment now. Thanks again!”, Sienna said gratefully as she took the breakfast sandwich into her hands and out the door. The breakfast sandwhich warmed her hads ever so softly however, the more she held it, the more it started to burn.

“Ow!”, she exclaimed, “Hot! Hot!” Sienna said as she switched the sandwhich from one hand to another. She checks her phone for the time. It read 12:00.

“Just in time”, Sienna thought silently as she entered her car.

“Just in time”, Her mom said, starting the car and driving to the spa.

“So, what color do you want your nails to be? Any accents or decorations?”

“Hm, I don’t know. I don’t really have anything in mind? What do you think I should get?”

“I think” she paused as she thought, “You should get white with gold accents. Yeah. I think that’ll fit the party and its decorations just perfectly.”

“Ooh how cute! I’ll get that.”

“When I get back from the grocery store can you help me out with setting up all the tables with decorating and such?”

“Of course mom!”

“Thank you seetie, that’ll be very much appreaciated”

“I’ll tell the employees what they need to do for you. I’ll be at the grocery store buying a few things so just call me if you need anything.”

“Alright mom, thank you.”

“Of course sweetie. We’re almost there just a few more minutes.”

We pulled into the parking lot of the spa. The building was a short building with lots of windows. Inside, you can see each client getting their desired treatment and the workers chatting and working on their customers.

“We’re here, let’s go.”

We entered the aesthetically pleasing building and walked towards the front counter.

“Livia?” Sienna's mom called out, “We’re here.”

“Ah, my best customers!” Livia said in a calming and soothing voice, “Here for your appointment for Sienna?”

“Yes and it’ll just be her today. I need to run out and do a few errands for the party later.”

“Understood. We’ll take very good care of her.”

“You’re the best.” Sienna’s mom said cheerfully, “I’ll be back soon”

“Bye mom! Love you!”

“Alright Ms.Sienna, let’s start with a manicure and pedicure. Then, we’ll start on the hair and facial. Sound good?”

“Yup”

“Please follow me” Livia said as she guided Sienna to a pedicure chair. The chair was a mocha brown with small cream accents. The chair was built out of leather and at the bottom of the chair sat a black coffee tub, big enough for her feet to fit in.

“Alright, let’s get started.”

The bubbles in the bubbly water danced and tickled Sienna’s feet. Two other workers were on each side of Sienna working on her manicure.

“Can I please get my nails painted white with gold accents please?”

“Of course dear.” One of the workers replied kindly.

“Thank you.”

Sienna dozed off, relaxed, and closed her eyes. All of her stress levitated away from her body. She was at peace. Until...

“Sienna, Sienna, Sienna, Sienna, Sienna,Sienna!!”

“I’m up!” Sienna gasped as her eyes darted open to find herself infront of her mother’s casket. 

“It’s time to say goodbye.”

“O-Oh… right. Mom.” A deadly silence filled the air around her. Sienna walked up to the casket and knelt down. 

“Mom, Thank you for everything. You were the best mom anyone could ever ask for. I love you, Mom”. Sienna’s limbs fell weak. Weights were dumped onto her shoulders and a lump grew in her throat. 

This is unbelievable.” Sienna thought as they finally lowered the casket into the hole in the ground. She felt numb. Lifeless. Every single thought in her mind vanished except for the thought of her mom. Her mom was always and I mean always on her mind. She was her best friend. Her shoulder to cry on. Her everything. And now she’s gone. She’s left with nothing but a void in her mind. But, she knew she had to be strong. It’s what her mom would’ve wanted. It’s what she needs.

March 13, 2020 15:51

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Whitney Trang
17:11 Mar 19, 2020

A heartbreaking story.

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.