Gauntlet Maiden Tatsumi

Submitted into Contest #85 in response to: Write about someone fighting to keep their city neighborhood the same.... view prompt

2 comments

Crime Lesbian Science Fiction

"Goodmorning! Wonderful people of Gale!" A lady in a lab coat yells out as she stands at the center of the city. No one pays attention to her and just go on with their day. Some see her and takes a quick photo or video and proceeds with their day. "Huh, guess it's true what they say, people won't notice you unless you do something big." The lady stated as she moves her glasses. "Well, if you want to be noticed Eves, then you got to do something big." The lady, who's name is Eves, muttered to herself as she grabs a metallic suitcase. "Then lets do something big!"


"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" People yell out as explosions starts appearing everywhere in the city of Gale. People running away in panic, trying to avoid the falling debris of the buildings where the explosions came from.


"Oh my, I thought this was a city of peace and quiet? Why are people making such a ruckus?" Eves stated as she casually watch people running away. "Watch your steps people! You don't know when a debris might fall!" Eves says as she blasted a building with a lazer she's holding, letting out a laugh.


The debris from the building starts falling towards a child who froze in place, staring at the slowly arriving debris. The child closed her eyes as she braced for impact, a few seconds passed but the impact she was expecting didn't arrive. She opened her eyes and saw a figure holding the debris up, preventing it from crushing her. "Tatsumi!" The child gasped as a smile fills her face.


"Why hello there. Are you okay?" The figure asked as it kept holding up the debris. The figure was Tatsumi, the Gauntlet Maiden.


"Yes! I'm okay now!" The girl replied as she smiled.


"That's great! Say, can you do me a favor? This debris is getting a little heavy. Can you get away from this place?"


The girl gave Tatsumi a nod and she starts running away from the debris, she made it towards a group of people where a woman hugged her, it was her mom, tears in her eyes.


Tatsumi placed the debris down and started running towards the cops, where they were pointing their guns at Eves. "Lady! We have you surrounded! Drop your weapon and surrender now!"


"What are we working with here, Joe?" Tatsumi asked as she starts putting on a pair of gloves.


"She's Charlotte Eves, also known as Professor Eves. She was arrested a few years back for blowing up the Gale bridge, but somehow, she managed to escape her captivity."


"I see. Get this place evacuated and leave her to me."


"Can you handle it?"


"Of course I can, she's just an old lady. What can an old lady do to harm me? I got age on my side." Tatsumi stated as she put on a helmet.


"Alright, but be careful. She may be an old lady, she's still a threat." Joe stated before leaving Tatsumi behind. "I want all units to evacuate people from this area, stat!" Joe said on his transceiver as he helped a few people get out of their cars.


Tatsumi started walking towards Eves as she taps the side of her helmet. Her helmet then starts showing a hud display on the helmet.


Gauntlet Maiden Tatsumi (Oneshot)

Part 2


"Hey? What's going on? Where are the cops going? Is it doughnut time?" Eves asked as she looks around, looking at the cops who are pulling out. "Oh hello, who might you be?"


"Hi! My name is Tatsumi Scarlet, I'm kind of the guardian of this city. You know, the one who keeps people safe. And I was wondering if you could do me a solid and leave?"


"Pft, how cute! You're asking me to leave?"


"Yeah, I don't really like the idea of me beating up old ladies so, if you could leave, that would be great."


"Excuse me? But what did you just say? I hope you didn't say old lady."


Tatsumi paused as Eves starred at her, annoyed.


"Yeah....? Look, lady? I don't really want to hurt an old lady like yourself. So if you could do me a solid and just surrender yourself, that would be great. It's also Fruity Friday at the prison, if you're into fruits."


Eves started laughing as Tatsumi finished her sentence. Taking off her glasses and wiping them with her lab coat. "Oh honey, no one calls me an old lady. And too bad, if you don't want to beat up old ladies, I love beating up little children." Eves placed her glasses back as she grabs the lazer which was hanging on her shoulders. "And little girls like yourself deserve some beating after calling me an old lady." Eves snapped her fingers and the lazer started changing shape. The lazer suddenly turned into a giant hammer. "Light's out kid." Eves quickly charged at Tatsumi as she swung the hammer.


"Shoot!" Tatsumi stated as she tapped the side of her helmet, gauntlets then started appearing, covering her hands. The gauntlets appeared just in time, blocking the giant hammer that was about to hit her right in the face. As the gauntlets blocked the hammer, Tatsumi is sent flying towards a building, crashing through it.


"Alright! Who else wants to call me an old lady!?" Eves yelled out as she snapped her fingers and the hammer turned into a gatling gun. "Here's my answer to those who'll call me old lady!!!" Eves started firing the gatling gun and rain of bullets are going everywhere. "No one calls me an old lady!!! I'm only 30!!!"


The people who were still in the area started panicking as they ducked, avoiding the rain of bullets being fired from Eves' gatling gun. People started screaming and crying, covering their heads from falling debris.


"Get those shields in here! We are taking heavy fire!!!" Joe screamed at his transceiver as he radios for back-up. "I don't care if they're not charge up to a hundred! We just need them to help Gauntlet Maiden buy some time!!! Get your shields up and running and come to the area!!!" Joe frustratedly turned off his transceiver as he grabbed his gun. "Where's Tatsumi!? Does anyone have visuals on Tatsumi!?"


As the cops are covering for Tatsumi, Tatsumi comes back to consciousness after she received the heavy hit from the hammer. "Oh boy, I'll be feeling that in the morning." Tatsumi muttered as she stands up from the rubble. Tatsumi cracks her neck a little as she looks down from the building she was in and there she saw the cops firing at Eves as Eves keeps on firing her gatling gun at the cops. "Alright, being nice to this old lady has sailed away. I've got some punching to do."


Tatsumi goes to the battle field and starts throwing rocks debris at Eves as she's occupied in firing back at the cops. Just before the debris could hit her, she notices them and she quickly changes her weapon into a shield, shielding her from the impacts of the debris flying her way.


"Ah, gauntlet girl is back! Too bad you'll be going away soon!" Eves yells as she starts running towards Tatsumi, changing her weapon from shield to a giant hammer. "Say goodnight kid!" Eves added as she swings her hammer towards Tatsumi. Tatsumi raised her gauntlets to block the impact of the hammer, but the impact was too strong for her too handle. As the hammer hit the gauntlets, Tatsumi is sent flying towards a police car.


Cops started firing their guns at Eves to stop her from going anywhere, buying Tatsumi some time to return to her senses.


"Ow... I'm going to be sore for a week..." Tatsumi muttered to herself as she stood up from the police car. As she got up, she notices a familiar face in the distance, taking photos. "Racquel...?" She mutters to herself as she keeps looking at the girl who was taking photos.


"Kid! Look out!" One of the cops yells out, making Tatsumi look away from the girl. She then notices a giant boulder flying towards the girl named Racquel.


"Oh shoot!" Tatsumi says as she started running towards the girl. Tatsumi jumped, pushing the girl away from the path of the boulder. "What are you doing here!?" Tatsumi yelled at the girl who, is now lying on her lap.


"What do you mean what am I doing here? I'm doing my job! Duh!"


"What do you mean job!? This is not a place to be doing a job!"


Racquel looks at Tatsumi with an annoyed expression as she flicks Tatsumi's forehead. "Did that lady hit you so hard on the head that you received a concussion or something that made you forget that your girlfriend works for the Gale Daily Publishing? I'm here because I need to take photos for my page on the newspaper."


"Wait, really? Is your job this dangerous?"


"Says the girl who fights crime with gauntlets. Anyway, if you would kindly move your gauntlets away from my camera. I have a job to do."


"Oh, right." Tatsumi replied as she help Racquel stand up.


"So, who are you fighting with this time?"


"Joe said that her name is Eves Charlotte, also known as Professor Eves. She was once a professor helping out in the Gale Foundation, but went rogue due to some accident."


"I see, and her weapon?"


"Nanotech, giving her weapon the ability to change shape and be whatever weapon she wants it to be."


"And I figure that you already found a way to fight her?"


"That's the thing, I haven't thought of ways to fight back."


Racquel pauses as she looks at Tatsumi. "You've been getting punched over and over and you're telling me that you still have no plan to fight her?"


"What am I supposed to do!? She changes weapon every chance she get. It's like I'm fighting multiple people out there!"


"Change interval." Racquel remarked as she looks at Eves who was changing her weapon as she fights back against the cops.


"What?"


"Her change intervals! Look! Her weapon is starting to slow down each time she changes it. Earlier, it changes in a blink of an eye, but now it takes roughly five seconds to change. Meaning---"


"Whatever's powering her weapon is starting to run low on juice." Tatsumi interrupted.


"Exactly!"


"I don't need to fight back, I just need to waste time against her! Racquel! You're a genius!"


"Oh please, tell me something I don't know." Racquel replied as she smirked at Tatsumi.


Tatsumi smiled as she pulls Racquel and kissed her on her lips.


"Hey? Love birds? Hate to break this kissing scene but can this wait? We still have a serious problem to take care of." Joe stated as he was firing his gun at Eves.


"Oh right, I'm on it!" Tatsumi yells out as she puts on her helmet again and started running towards Eves.


"Kissing in broad daylight? In front of many people, in the middle of a crime outbreak?" Joe asked Racquel.


"Sorry, dad."


While Eves was busy firing his mini gun at the cops, Tatsumi jumped from behind Eves for a surprise attack.


"Incoming!" Tatsumi yells out as she jumped. It caught Eves' attention, making her turn around to see Tatsumi's gauntlets inches away from her face. Eves couldn't do anything because before she could snapped her fingers, Tatsumi's gauntlets already hit her face, making her fly and skip along the road. "You liked my gauntlets up close? I made them myself."


"You sneaky brat!" Eves yells out as she snaps her fingers, making her weapon change from mini gun to hammer. She then started running towards Tatsumi as she swings her hammer around while Tatsumi dodges the swings of the hammer.


The two of them started exchanging blows with Eves changing weapons from time to time. As she keeps changing weapons, her time interval starts growing bigger.


"What's wrong? Batteries starting to run dry?" Tatsumi asked as she sees Eves snapping her fingers but her weapon is taking a long time to change. "Looks like your out of battery Professor!" Tatsumi stated as she pulls Eves' weapon away from her, ending their fight.


"Threat neutralized." An AI of Tatsumi's helmet stated.


"Alright guys, fight's over. You can take her to her new home now."


Cops started surrounding Eves, arresting her as she sits on the ground.


As the cops were arresting Eves, Racquel approached Tatsumi. "Did you get those photos you needed?" Tatsumi asks as she looks at Racquel.


"I did, but I still haven't gotten the pictures of "Gale's Guardian" yet. So, would you mind?"


"I don't. But my pictures will cost you."


"Your pictures wills cost me? And how much will your pictures will cost me?" Racquel giggled.


"Not much, not much. A simple kiss will do."


"A kiss? Really?"


Tatsumi smiles as she pulls Racquel and hugs her. "Yeah, a kiss."


Racquel lets out a giggle as she hugs Tatsumi back, taking off her helmet and staring into Tatsumi's hazel eyes. "Alright, but just one. I need to head to the office and ha---" Racquel was interrupted as Tatsumi started kissing her.


The End.

March 17, 2021 07:09

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Rose Quartz
17:54 Apr 03, 2021

The intro was amazing and I loved the action! Great work

Reply

Show 0 replies
Unknown User
21:28 Mar 24, 2021

<removed by user>

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.