0 comments

Drama Suspense Thriller

Rabia was only five years old when her father moved to Allahabd city. He was a government officer. Rabia lost her mother during her birth. Her father didn’t want to marry another woman for he loved her so much. She was an adorable girl. She resamples her mother in all aspects. Her mother fell in love with his father when she was at the college. Unfortunately, she couldn’t live longer to see her daughter growing up. She left her so early. Her father had a tough time to bring up Rabia. 

Mr. Danish, (Rabia’s Father) preferred to keep her at home and hire a female tutor for homeschooling. He didn’t want to lose her. She was a brilliant student. Her tutor, Ms. Fatima loved her so much. She tried her best to make her feel as she was her mother. Rabia also loved her so much. She would keep waiting for Ms. Fatima to come home. She would talk to her father about Ms Fatima. Mr. Danish was so happy to see such a positive impact in his daughter’s life. One day, Ms. Fatima left the city and never came back. Her absence saddened Rabia. She missed her so much. But, life goes on...Mr Danish tried to bring few more tutors, but none of them stayed longer. 

Rabia was ten years old now. Mr. Danish couldn’t rely on homeschooling anymore. He wanted to see her as an independent successful woman. He took her to one of the best convent schools in the city. Rabia was delighted so much in this new environment. Living only with her father, she had never seen so many friends in her entire life. Everyone loved her. She was little shy at the beginning, but later on, she was one of the outspoken girls in her class. She would work so hard to make her father proud of her. Shazia was her best friend who also had moved to Allahabad with her parents. She was born in a village, but her parents moved to Allahabad in search of better life. They would study together, play together and enjoy the life to its fullest. Shazia was a year younger than Rabia, but they looked almost the same age. Teachers and students would think they are siblings. 

Rabia’s 15th birthday was more than a blessing when Sam was introduced to her by Shazia. Sam belonged to the Southern part of India and he had also moved to Allahabad due to his father’s work. He was a Lawyer and his mother was a doctor. Sam was tall, handsome and intelligent boy. He was a year senior to both of them. They became best friends. Same would always be there to help them in their studies. Mainly during the final exams they would entirely rely on him. He would happily share his previous notes with further guidelines with them. He would talk to his parents about them. Their existence in his life means a lot to him. 

During the Summer Vacation, everyone went to visit their grand parents. Shazia went to her grandfather’s house in the village. She visited her relatives and shared the stories with them. She talked about Rabia and Sam. She talked about her favorite teacher. She talked about playing ground, historical places and parks. She enjoyed her life in the village. She went out when it was raining. She remembered those days when she was sailing paper boats when it would rain. She remembered the day when it had rained heavily and she was coming back from school. She was so small that she couldn’t resist the water stream. Her feet would slip frequently. Then her elder brother had grabbed her hand so tight that she felt very safe and she reached home. 

Rabia went back to her grandmother’s house and made a lot of friends there. Her grandmother would love her so much as Rabia had lost her mother. She would tell her about her mother. Rabia would tell her about her school and the city, Ms. Fatima and her father. Rabia remembered her childhood in the village. 

Sam on the other hand had a great time with his parents and he went to visit Thailand with his parents. He bought nice gifts for his two friends. Each one of them bought something to present to each other when they met again after the vacation. They shared their stories. They laughed and enjoyed. They got busy in their studies and exams. 

Time passed by. All of them left the school after completion of their education. Sam left the city as his father was transferred to another city. Shazia got admission in a college. Rabia began preparation to go abroad for higher studies. Her father wanted her to be a doctor and serve people. 

Although they left the school, but they remained in contact. They had a couple of meetings at the place where all three could gather themselves. Since the very beginning, Rabia liked Sam so much and always wanted to express her feelings to him, but failed to do so. Shazia too had crush on him, but like Rabia kept it unspoken to Sam. One day, when Rabia was out, Shazia proposed for marriage to Sam and expressed her feelings to him. Sam was over the moon listening this. He was, however, little puzzled to decide whether to go with Rabia or Shazia. Both were pretty and his best friends at school. He wanted to tell this to Shazia, but he decided not to ruin her mood. He accepted her proposal and started going little away from Rabia. 

Rabia always kept her feelings to herself and never opened to Sam. She wanted him to realize her feelings and affection, but Sam was too timid to accept it or say it loud. Rabia was hopeless and was figuring out how to meet Sam and propose him. She had no idea about Shazia’s proposal and Sam’s acceptance. One day after returning from completion of her higher education, she invited Shazia and told that she wants to host a smart cookie party as they used to do in school. She asked her to make a list of all invitees and call them over dinner. Everyone should prepare something in cookie and bring to Rabi’a home. Shazia agreed to it and called every common friends she knew. Sam was obviously on the top list. Although, he was busy in his work, he promised to come over there. 

In the evening, all guests arrived. They greeted and met with Rabia and Shazia who were hosting the event. Shazia was so excited to see Sam and so was he. Rabia still kept her feelings to herself and never opened until he saw that day Sam with Shazia. She felt a little jealousy in herself. But, as she had thought to meet Sam by arranging this cookie party, she succeeded. No one knew it, except her. 

Everyone presented the cookie they had brought. Shazia asked everyone to gather and eat one bite from each and the winner will be the one who will gain more votes. The prize was still unknown. When everyone was in the hall, she announced that the winner is Rabia as the majority of votes have gone to her. And, the prize is that Rabia and Sam are going to get married soon. Sam and Rabia were shocked listening to this. She told everyone that they’ve been friends since very long, and she liked Sam too, but when she looks at Rabia she feels that she deserves more than her and she is glad that today she succeeded in her mission. 

December 11, 2020 17:52

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.