27 comments

Adventure Fantasy LGBTQ+

This story contains themes or mentions of physical violence, gore, or abuse.

The silver blade looked ice cold and razor sharp. I heard a “wow” come out. This had to be a dream right? Shadow people? A magical rock that turned into a sword? This was quite physically impossible! The laws of the universe! It’s all a dream. WAKE UP!


I was in a screaming fit, yelling at myself to wake up. But I already did. This wasn’t a dream. The shadow people and…my dad? A God. One of the main Gods? This wasn’t no fantasy shit.


I got up even though my head was killing me. 


I lashed out on an angry spree of rage. Nobody takes my mom away from me. 


I chased the shadow person that had my mom by the leg. I killed the humanoid shadows and eventually the one that had my mom. Mom scooped me up in her arms and ran to the car. 


“MOM!? Wh-What were those!?”

“Shadow Demons.”

“Did I just get away with murder?” I laughed.

“No. Shadow demons don’t die from swords. They can only die from white magic. Nobody knows that magic anymore except for Koragos. And of course he doesn’t tell anybody because he’s on your dad’s bad side.”

“Kiinn?”

“Yes, that’s your father. Wait. How’d you know your dad’s name?”

“I had a dream. A guy who said that he was a God. The God of the Sky and Weather.”

“Oh. Well, I guess you don’t need introductions.” She chuckled. 

“Yeah.”


I didn’t ask her where we were going or why all of this was happening. We drove. The town was overrun by these shadow demons, no more humanity and no more…anything! We drove to the nearby beach and mom yelled at me to get out of the car when we reached the lighthouse. One that belonged to old man Joey. Other known as one eyed Joe. He’s missing though.


I ran to the lighthouse, the demons chasing me. As I ran up the stairs I was praying that I wouldn’t die. I don’t wanna be food for these…things!


“Come hereeee! You’d be a great dinner for us, Demigod!” I refused to look behind me. The creature’s voice was so high pitched that it pierced my ears. I cried as I ran. I bawled my eyes out until my head hurt even more. Once I got to the top I collapsed but heard a faint voice. Joey. 


“GET AWAY FROM HER!” 

“HA! No, you puny old man!”

“Call me that again and I’ll hurt you!”

“Oh please! Whatever.”

“I don’t take that kind of disrespect.”


Swift movements surrounded me. I felt my heart beating quickly. I could barely breathe. Once the demons screeched they eventually faded from my hearing.


Joey picked me up and chanted a saying in a deep low voice. I blacked out and awoke in a beautiful grassy field. I got up, surprised at the fact that my head didn’t hurt anymore. 


That’s when I saw someone in the distance and ran towards them. I didn’t stop fast enough which made me ram into them. We fell to the ground and that’s when…I saw her. A girl. The one in my dreams. Ones of laying in a shaded forest out of view. I couldn’t stop looking at her. She was beautiful. I realized I was blushing when she started to giggle. I cleared my throat and stood up. I helped her to her feet. But a wave of darkness came to me and I fainted in her arms. As my vision went out, I could see perfectly. One of the most beautiful girls.

May 09, 2024 22:34

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

27 comments

01:14 May 10, 2024

Can’t wait

Reply

Idk Lol
22:52 May 10, 2024

it's out now! :)

Reply

01:45 May 11, 2024

Omg I’m reading it rn!!!

Reply

Idk Lol
02:06 May 11, 2024

heheheheheh

Reply

04:04 May 11, 2024

I read it and it was amazing

Reply

Idk Lol
13:29 May 11, 2024

thanks

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.