0 comments

Fantasy Romance Fiction

The wooden wagon jostled down the route away from my parents' cold stark castle. My butler laid next to me in a hidden compartment in the wagon. The wagon jolted to a sudden halt, and I scowled as I hit my head. My dark red hair cushioned the pain, but unfortunately that did not apply to my butler friend. Bright sunlight flooded in as the trap door was opened. A friendly old man with a glint in his blue eyes waved us out. We were surrounded by tall twisted trees with falling blue blossoms. The birds chirped cheerfully as he pulled me out. My butler crawled out and and sighed with relief.

"I am Gregory." The old man jabbered with a warm smile. "We will go no further until you tell me your story. The true question is how does two young lovers end up in my wagon." Sighing, I smoothed out my servant dress and nervously tapped my black riding boots."

"My name is Princess Lily Rose, and this is my butler Jean-Xavier." I exclaimed with an anxious grin. "We ran away so we could be together. Also, I am having his child." Jean-Xavier looked confused as Gregory chuckled to himself. He ran his knobby hand through his long silver hair.

"I want the whole story." He teased playfully. " I can tell you two have such an interesting story." He adjusted his brown leather vest and clicked his brown boots. Jean Xavier cleared his throat and ran his white gloved hand through his slicked back purple hair. His purple eyes glistened with a fiery excitement. A large grin lit up his face. Calmly he dusted a grain of dirt off of his black suit.

"Let me show you." He stated with giant smile as he snapped his fingers. We were transported to the castle gardens. On a long black marble bench a young me sat holding a broken crown. My black play dress shone in the early morning sun. My play shoes were muddy and my hair was a tangled mess. My face was puffy with big fat tears streaming down my face. A young Jean-Xavier approached me cautiously, offering me his hand. Our eyes froze on each other as time literally stopped. With a jolt, it all started again. I took his hand and purple smoke surrounded us. The smoke dissipated to reveal a fixed crown and my hair was fixed. The scene shook as we were all sitting on the back of his wagon.

"You saved my life that day." I exclaimed softly. "Remember we would sneak out at night and play hide and seek. In fact let me show you this scene." I snapped my fingers and were at the edge of a pond. This time we were about fifteen years. My red silk dress laid crumbled next to us as a blanket as I sat next to him in my corset and under skirt. He had on just a dress shirt and black pants. His feet were bare and his hair was messed up. The blood red moonlight bathed the serene calmness.

"Take me away from here." I begged Jean-Xavier. "I would rather be with you, than have all of this." Sighing Jean-Xavier ran his hands through his hair and took my hands. His purple eyes looked into my red eyes painfully as looked away.

"I don't know if I can." He explained with a frown. "Your father is sending me away to the summer palace. He said if I don't go, I will be put to death." Looking away, I chuckled to myself and grinned evilly.

"Then we both get the heck out of here." I suggested while biting my lips. "I simply cannot live without you." He smoothed out his shirt and held in his gentle embrace. He looked down at my face and pulled it closer to his. His soft lips pressed against mine and the scene melted away to the back of the wagon.

"I still need to know how you escaped." Gregory said with joyful look. "You can't leave a person with baited breath." Laughing to myself, I looked into Jean-Xavier's eyes. He snapped his fingers and we were in my study with my parents and us. My father wore a black dress suit with a red fur cape. His grey hair was slicked back and his grey eyes filled with anger. My mother wore a tight purple gown. Her lilac hair was pulled into a severe bun. Her diamond shoes tapped impatiently on the white marble floor. The dark cherry wood shelves seemed to close in on us.

"Lily, we have found you a suitor." My father ordered with a dark scowl. "His name is Marcos Smit. He will be here tomorrow to marry you." My body quivered with fear at the mention of his name. He was notorious for murdering his last four wives. They never gave him a male heir. Jean-Xavier stiffened with fury and his fist clenched. We had to go that night. Nodding I simply exited and went to my room. The grey stones seemed even colder as I collapsed onto my black bed with red sheets. Tears were starting to well up in my red eyes as Jean-Xavier entered with a maid's uniform.

"Put this on." He ordered calmly as he tossed me a maid's cap. "We are going now. Marcos will never lay a hand on you." As quick as a bunny I was in the maid's outfit. Shuffling with my head down, we made corridor to corridor.

"Stop right there, Lily." My father bellowed. "I have plans for you." His strong hand grabbed my arm and yanked me back. Jean-Xavier fists clenched tightly as he felt around for his black knife.

"Let her go!" Jean-Xavier shouted raising his knife. "She does not have any plans with you." My father chuckled manically as he smiled cruelly.

"It is so cute when the pheasants think they can win." He teased meanly. "Your stupid puppy love is over. Marcos can kill her for all I care. She is a bad daughter." His strong arms pulled me up into a tight hold. My ribs creaked aggressively as he gripped tighter. Air was escaping making my head spin. Jean-Xavier threw his knife and it hit him in the jugular. A loud thud echoed as I dropped to the floor in a wheezing pile of bones. My father fell to the floor as blood pooled around his head dyeing his grey hair red. Jean-Xavier picked me up and whisked me to the kitchen. Soldiers were literally flooding the castle. The brown stone was somewhat of a sanctuary for now. He pulled up a random stone and his hand pulled me through twists and turns until we were in town square. A wagon sat in the distance. With a soft touch he went over to the driver, now known as Gregory and waved me over. The scene melted away to us sitting on the back of his wagon. Gregory looked worried and concerned as he beamed.

"Thank you!" He shouted with warm embrace for us. "Do you want to tell me what you are to do now?" Shrugging, we both looked at each other.

"I have always wanted to own a bakery." I admitted sheepishly. "I did steal enough money to do it." Jean-Xavier held me tight as Gregory got back in the front. The wagon started going as we rode to a brighter future.

April 14, 2021 20:33

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.