1 comment

Fantasy Science Fiction Historical Fiction

It had been less than 600 years since Christopher Columbus supposedly discovered America in 1492. Had he foreseen the future like Nostradamus:

Great L.A. Earthquake: The first to strike California in the 2020s.

Nostradamus, Quatrain 9:83

The sun twenty [degrees] in Taurus, so strongly the earth trembles.

The great theater filled up is ruined.

The air, sky and land darkened and troubled.

When the infidel calls upon GOD and the Saints.

I’m quite sure Columbus wished he would have discovered Canada instead.

Nevertheless on October 12, 2022 the United States of America decided to cut itself off from the entire world. Well in truth the country didn’t have any choice. One of the reasons why was because there really wasn’t a need to join forces with their so called allied backstabbers. Read about the Tripartite Pact, the agreement that linked Germany, Italy and Japan in a defensive alliance.

Los Angeles, California had miraculously sunk back into the Pacific Ocean, while the few of us human beings left believed it was about time.

The only thing that stood tall in New York City was the Statue of Liberty. Again many of us survivors thought only seeing the tip of the extinguished rusty tarnished torch was ironic, especially when it was France who blew New York City back to kingdom come where it truly belonged.

The leadership of America had quickly gone to hell. Some say it was because when the former president died in the oval office. The Black female Vice-President wasn’t prepared to run the country and all hell broke loose.

The BNT162b2 was the COVID-19 vaccine developed by BioNTech and Pfizer designed to put an end to the Corona Virus, killed and deformed more people than Hitler could have ever delighted in accomplishing.

What the entirely new strain of COVID-22 didn’t kill, World War III and the invasion of Aliens did.

We all know that America was built on wars. But what the powers that be forgot was you can’t keep disparaging your enemies and supply them with mass weapons of destruction and never believe that one day they all wouldn’t return the favor of blowing your country to smithereens. You remember Benedict Arnold who was an American military officer who served during the Revolutionary War. He fought with distinction for the American Continental Army, rising to the rank of major general, before defecting to the British side of the conflict in 1780. General George Washington had given him his fullest trust and placed him in command of West Point, New York. Arnold planned to surrender the fort to British forces, but the plot was discovered on October 12, 1792 and he fled to the British lines. Arnold received a commission as a brigadier general in the British Army, commanding the American Legion in the later part of the conflict. Arnold's name quickly became a byword in the United States of America for treason and betrayal because he led the British army in battle against the very men whom he had once commanded. That’s what happened, when the 192 countries of the United Nations  turned on America faster than a man turning on his mistress after hearing her pregnancy test results.

In some ways America knew one day that it would have to start all over again. They knew right after The Roswell UFO incident that took place on October 12, 1947.

The sole survivors in America happened to be from a few small towns. Sitka, Alaska originally established by Russians as Novo-Arkhangelsk, Sitka dates back to October 12, 1692 and therefore comes with a few remnants of Russian rule to discover in town.

On October 12, 1992, a bright white light with some blue and possibly red. Traveled left to right in the night sky in an up and down zig zag type movement. The night was very clear, the stars were out. Many people seen a bright light through the dark sky. It was in space, not in earth’s atmosphere. It was larger than the stars and any satellite for that matter. The object was mostly white, with some blue and possibly red. It moved up and down in a zig zag pattern, changing colors. It had a tail which would delay and "chase" the object as it moved. There was a loud echo or pulsating sound, but the people had no idea if the object and the sound were linked.  

Then there was the remote town of  Maddalena, New Mexico with only 938 people left to call Magdalena home.

On October 12, 2017 formations of lights and multiple (9+) aircraft escorts made two passes 40 minutes apart. At around 0602 local time, people saw a group of lighted objects in the sky, in a triangular formation, heading east, altitude around 20,000, speed 300-400 knots. Seemed like a perfect formation. The triangle spanned about 25 degrees in the sky. The outside lights of the triangle had navigation lights. The central lights of the triangle were not flashing, and the lead light was actually a very bright and tight cluster of lights. The few people heard a jet engine, not noisy, quiet almost like a commercial flight. At 0640 local, the group passed over the Magdalena mountains again heading east, estimated same speed and altitude. This time there were 9 aircraft with navigation lights that appeared to be loosely following a large craft that had a bright cluster of lights towards the rear of the structure that were not navigation lights.

Lastly, Green Bank West Virginia. The center of the National Quiet zone and home of the Green Bank Telescope, where I once worked and resided.

Welcome to Green Bank, population 143, where Wi-Fi is both unavailable and banned and where cellphone signals are nonexistent. The near radio silence is a requirement for those living close to the town’s most prominent and demanding resident, the Green Bank Observatory, home to the world’s largest fully steerable radio telescope. To protect the sensitive equipment from interference, the federal government on October 12, 1958 established the National Radio Quiet Zone, a 13,000-square-mile area near the state’s border with Virginia.

Them Aliens had no problem in abducting all of us.

Today, while I dream inside of some kind of Hypersleep Chamber, a tube like chamber in which I am cryogenically frozen (a process commonly known as "Hypersleep"). Due to the human space travel technology and alien abductions, any personnel on any starship must be in cryosleep (or hypersleep) to survive the very long trips. It is capable of suspending the body’s autonomic functions while maintaining the health of each individual cell during sleep.

My thoughts constantly being altered to do whatever it is that I’ll be required to do after getting unfroze. The only message I constantly allowed my frozen mind not to delete or received was you will not procreate nor have sex. I could get with that mind blowing number one demand but there was no chance here on, I was going to say on earth, but in truth I really didn’t know where in the hell I was.

All  of us selected survivors were thawed out or awakened from that animated state on October 12, 2092! Yeah, my sentiments as well.

I hadn’t aged in those 70 years of frozen inactivity and to tell you the truth I really wasn’t looking forward to the new future world. My mind had been programmed to believe that we were the new and chosen disciples of GOD. When awaken we would truly make the world a better place.

After being reacclimated to using are thawed out bodies. A very large spaceship carried us up from the deepest part of the Artic Ocean I thought. What we believe would bring us back to civilization. Boyeeee! Were we wrong!

Even today I don’t know if the spaceship carrying me up to a new world was even in America as the loudspeakers chimed every 92 seconds. What I do know this ain’t the place I once dwelled. There were cockroaches the size of alligators who were now able to fly and speak Akadakka.

It didn’t take me long to soon discover that most of the human race had perished and the only living survivors were insects. It had long been recognized and documented that insects are the most diverse group of organisms, meaning that the numbers of species of insects are more than any other group. In the world, some 900 thousand different kinds of living insects are known. This representation approximates 80 percent of the world's species. 

In the once United States of America, the number of described species was approximately 91,000. The undescribed species of insects in the United States, however, is estimated at some 73,000. The largest numbers of described species in the U.S. fall into four insect Orders: Coleoptera (beetles) at 23,700, Diptera (flies) at 19,600, Hymenoptera (ants, bees, wasps) at 17,500 and Lepidoptera (moths and butterflies) at 11,500.

When a Acadian Hairstreak butterfly the size of a bat spoke to me. I was able to speak it’s language. That’s the insight I received while being programmed. We all had been instilled with various insights to make this new world a better place.

In some strange way it was kind of comforting to see human beings and insect engaging in peace loving conversations.

Even though the world seemed to be now at peace. To me something was missing.

When I checked on my cybermate Linda taking a hot steaming shower. I knew what it was.

They could have mentally or spiritually programmed or deprogrammed me for a thousand years and I would never forget about how good it felt to have sex and apparently Linda didn’t either as we made love until the grey/blue moon appeared.

I don’t care how many times the earth destroys itself and is recreated by God or the Aliens. There will always be a garden of Eden. Whether its Adam or James or Homer or Eve or Nancy or Linda will eventually bite from the unforbidden fruit and get it on.

December 16, 2020 20:38

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Carole Cobos
02:42 Dec 24, 2020

This is very creative- and very thought out. The history and science and description really gave the world depth. And while I understand how your narrator is detached (and I love how (s)he is) I feel like it could have benefited if the story had connected a bit more to the narrator. Maybe through dreams- or side notes as he/she explains the history. Besides that this was beautifully written and I'll definitely be checking out your other works!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.