The dare that changed my life

Submitted into Contest #94 in response to: Start your story with someone accepting a dare.... view prompt

2 comments

Creative Nonfiction Fantasy Lesbian

As I was waking up the next day after one heck of a party with my friends, I start remembering that I was doubled dared to get the number from a female that kept staring at me and then kiss her on her mouth within a month. I remembered looking at my boyfriend and seeing that he was smiling and agreeing with them, So I downed a shot of vodka. As I walk over to her, I was getting nerves. I did not know what to say, so I figure I would just wing it and maybe I can get her number and so on.

As I was talking to Devin, I start to notice her smile. Man was it so sexy and I felt myself start melting into her smile. I did not know what to say except, I do apologize for this interruption, but I am not feeling well, I would really love to have your number where I can talk to you again. I think I had too much to drink. My mouth tastes like I had cotton balls in there and my head feels like it is splitting in half. I cannot recall if I got her number or not, well if I did get it, it would be in my clothes. So, what did I do with my pants?

I grab my blue jeans from the corner of my bedroom, I quickly check my back pockets and nothing. So, I dig into my left front pocket and I pull out a lot of papers, I scan through them and they are just receipts. I reach in my right front pocket; I automatically start feeling a small piece of paper. I wrap my fingers around the paper and start to pull my hand out. I start to move like I was slow dancing because I must go to the bathroom, but I want to see if I got her number. As I slowly move to the bathroom, I open the paper.

After a few minutes in the bathroom, I head to my bedroom to grab my phone. I had three miss calls and five text massages. My boyfriend called once and text me twice, my best friend called once and text me once and my mom called me once. The other two text is coming from one co-worker telling me that the company is having a huge sale online and we need to be on top of our game. I shoot him a quick text and start to dial my best friend.

Hey Meg, how are you? I ask.

Hey girl, I was calling to see if you are alright with the double dare? They dared me to kiss Kirby, the one that creeps me out, so I made sure I was completely drunk and made it a fast kiss. So, I want to get them back for both of us. Can you help me with this? Says Meg.

Yes, I will help you. I cannot believe that they dared you to do that. Yes, I am fine with my dares. I did get her number and when I get done with work. I am going to give her a call and I might have another friend. I spoke.

I feel like you are starting to be a collector of friends. I am glad you got her number. I got to go. Talk to you later on the week and are we still on for this Friday? Ask Meg.

Yes, we are still on. I said.

Oh, before we go, you can bring your new friend also. Meg says.

Before I could say anything, she hung up. Well, why would she say that I am a collector of friends. I do not have that many friends, I only have 15 or 16 depending on Devin. I am just going to shoot my boyfriend a quick text and I can call him later after I talk to Devin. How in the heck am I going to convince her to kiss me, I never had to do this? Well, I will just tell her about the dare and go from there. I said.

Hello, Devin says.

Hi Devin, I do not know if you remember me from last night. My name is Becca, I was wondering if you would like to have brunch with me today? I said.

           Uh-hum, I might be able to, what time are you thinking about? Devin asks.

Oh, well if you are busy, we can forget about it and maybe we can run into each other another time. I do apologize for bothering you. I said.

Ok, you are not bothering me, I am in the middle of something. Devin says.

Oh, if you are busy can we meet at this restaurant? My best friend is going to be there also, we normally have dinner and maybe a club after that. Becca says.

Yes, that sounds like fun. But I would like to see you today? Would you like to come over to my place around two o’clock? Devin asks.

I do not go to houses that I do not know, but I will be there. Just text me your address. Becca says.

I will text you; I must go. Talk to you later. I can not want to see you. Devin says right before she hung up.

I look at my phone just waiting to see her text, I have a different feeling about her. After a few minutes, I see her text. I put it in google and got directions to her place and then I text my best friend everything that was said and sent her the address. I start on my job, but I can not focus on it. I could not wait to see her again, I kept picturing her lips against mine. I wonder how it would feel? I caught myself daydreaming for at least two hours. I quickly got dressed and headed to Devin’s house.

As I approached her front door, she opens the door, we smile. She gently grabs my hand and pulls me close to her. She slowly leans in and our lips meet. I feel my body start to get weak and I finally felt like I was whole again.  

May 21, 2021 03:31

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Bill Evans
05:48 May 26, 2021

Well wrote, made me think it was happening.

Reply

Tosha Alston
02:04 Jun 05, 2021

Thank you,

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.