2 comments

Adventure Romance Fantasy

The blue moonlight bathed my white marble room. In the center of the room sat a black rose with a note attached tied to it with a scarlet ribbon. My hands shook as I picked it up. A sharp pain ran through my finger as a large thorn pricked my pale finger. A red drop welled up as I opened the note. It read "Choose us or fight." A chill ran through my spine as the room filled with ice. When did he come back?

"What is your choice?" A cruel voice inquired. "Your time is up." My white lace dress glimmered in the light as he walked forward. His blue suit shimmered in the light making his blue eyes stand out. His eyes glistened with excitement as he ran his hand through his long blue hair. His cold hand graced the side of my cheek as he brushed my long red hair behind my ear. My eyes glowed red as I touched the floor. Slowly the ice burned away to reveal the white marble floor. The steam rose as I strode towards him as I looked away.

"You really know how to get a woman don't you?" I retorted as my eyes blazed again. "Give me one reason I should." His face twisted with a childish grin as he chuckled to himself.

"Simple, because you will die otherwise." He teased with a large grin. " I actually like you. I suppose the true question is do you like me?" He started to circle me, as I pulled out my black sword.

"How about we play a quick game?" I offered impulsively. "If I lose, I will become your bride. To tell you the truth, I do not like you at all, my dear." Laughing evilly, he pulled out an ice sword and raised his arms.

"Princess Ember, I always get what I wish for." He boasted as he lunged at me. "You are the fire to my heart. How can I say you make me warm and fuzzy inside?" Rolling my eyes, I flipped over him and landed gracefully on the ground. He spun around and jumped in front of me.

"I don't need you to cool me down, Prince Glacier." I replied coolly as my sword was eaten by red flames. He snapped his fingers and white snow fell around me. I swung my blade towards his heart, but missed as he disappeared in front of me. My heart raced with panic as I looked around. Squinting I saw his form start to form in front of me. A loud swish echoed throughout the still room as my sword clanged against his. Clear crystals creeped up my sword as the flame slowly died. My muscles ached as he pushed harder against my sword. My stomach flipped at the very thought of him being my husband. Using that fear, I melted the ice on my sword. Blue flames licked my black blade as my eyes went all black. Ashen wings came out of my back as he flew to the other side of the room with a loud thud. Grunting, he shakily stood to his feet. Damn, he never quit. I felt my heart ache for him a little more as my face flushed red. An evil grin lit up his face as his white wings opened up. My heart stopped beating as my lungs hungered for air from forgetting to breath.

"You look a little flustered, my dear." He bragged with a smirk. "Just admit you like me." Anger raged in my curvy body as I flew at him with my sword raised. Slowly he flew up to meet me with his blade. They both hit with an explosive clank as fire and ice battled for dominance. My fire exploded on to his as the ice dripped down my hand.

"Why would I like the likes of you?" I mocked as I raised my eyebrow. "Prepare to lose." A soft goofy grin lit up his face as he pressed his lips hungrily against mine. My heart stopped beating as he pulled away. In an instance my black blade was frozen, and out for the count. My wings folded back as I started to fall towards the ground. My lungs raced to fill my panicked body with enough oxygen to keep up. A blue flash flew down below me and waited patiently. In a loud thud, I crashed into his cold arms. He smelled of mint. His face glowed with a huge sense of pride.

"I told you I always wi-" He started to brag. In a moment, I was behind him with a onyx blade held to his throat.

"I win." I gloated as he put his blade away. He laughed to himself as he turned to look at me. His blue eyes were alight with happiness and delight.

"What do you wish to do now?" He asked with a cheeky grin. "Don't tell me you want to kill me." Shaking my head, I made the most impulsive decision in my life. My lips pressed against him in a fiery passion as I took his hands.

"As long as I am the main leader, I will marry you." I confided. "You have made me change my mind. You best not disappoint. I want you to ask properly though." Rolling his eyes, he got on his knees as I stood up.

"Princess Ember, will you become my queen?" He inquired in a shaky voice. "Please say yes. Never before has an opponent brought me down to my knees."

My face lit up with joy as I shook my head yes. He slipped on a onyx ring with a small teardrop ice diamond. His arms wrapped around me as he flew me up in the air. Swooping up and down, he held me even tighter. After a few minutes our feet kissed the ground. His cold lips kissed mine with a deep love.

"Remember as kids, I told you we were going to get married." He shared with a sarcastic beam. "Just like always, I was right. You have always been the fire in my heart."

May 26, 2021 19:42

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

16:28 May 30, 2021

Aww, this was sweet. I really like your imagery and prose. Everything flowed nicely and I could easily grasp the setting and your characters. Great job! Sincerely, Ruthy_May

Reply

Yvette Francaise
21:26 Jul 21, 2021

Thank you.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.