0 comments

Adventure Crime Fantasy

Kingh was an Indian-origin billionaire and owned an island with space launch facility. At age 30, he had seen most of the earth and longed to see aliens. He decided to do it by getting a space ship built to accommodate two passengers. After it was ready he contacted Dr.Colaco a space scientist about travelling into space. Of course he was still single and the possibility of a wife sharing his journey was ruled out. Colaco said “Mr.Kingh, your spaceship hasn’t been proved. So before you go to meet aliens you should go to a friendly planet and get experience. I would suggest you first visit earth’s twin, Gaia 2 which is centuries younger than the earth and which is undergoing evolution. You must have a competent and trustworthy pilot. Whom have you found?”

Kingh said “I had contacted Vladimir Lysenko who has had long experience in space. He is willing if it would only be a short duration trip.”

“Good. Lysenko’s credentials are sound. Use him. Get experience of space travel and then you could think of going elsewhere to view aliens.”

Accordingly, Lysenko was hired and the space ship was ready. Kingh wondered who would travel with him. He wasn’t satisfied with those who volunteered. Then he received a call from Indian movie actress Irene, offering to travel with him. She had never been into space but wasn’t afraid to do so. And of course her thoughts were on the possibility of latching up with the billionaire.....? He told her it would be at best a 5 day trip if all went well. He remembered Irene who was tall and good-looking with a svelte body.

She asked “Am I acceptable?”

“Alright. Travel with me.”

“Would we be accepted by the residents of Gaia2?”

He said “Should be. We’re going to a planet which is like earth when it was evolving. Actually it’s earth’s twin. The society of the age accepted Chinese visitors who have left accounts of their experiences. I’m sure we will be accepted.” 

She asked “Would it be cold where we’re going?”

“Pilot says it would be warm. He has set the landing on tropical island Jiva, in the sea.”

“I’ll come prepared. When I acted in Hollywood they told me about garments to be worn in the tropics in classical times. I’ll make suitable arrangements and be with you. When do you plan to leave?”

He said “The pilot will arrive on Friday. We should be able to set off Sunday after, weather permitting.”

Kingh had his reservations about Irene. She had been a trouble maker and had been taken into custody by police while in Hollywood. In India she was suspected to be involved in the murder of the leader of a social work organization with whom her name was linked. While her acting was good, she had double crossed people. Despite it, Kingh had chosen Irene as his co-traveller as she had guts.

Lysenko arrived and said “I can drop you on Jiva and can survive on the orbiting ship for 5 days or sooner. You could explore Jiva and return. I suppose you know the operation of the intelligent UTM which has been provided for both of you. Turn it towards whoever is speaking and you can hear the translation to English. When you reply the machine will convert your English into the vernacular. I’m armed with a revolver and a shotgun. You may not need arms.”

 Irene came with a big load of dresses etc. She herself was dressed in T-shirt and shorts. Kingh also attired himself similarly. The rocket range was ready and Kingh and Irene in spacemen suits strapped themselves into their seats facing each other. The rocket blasted off and the two were on their space journey. After several hours the pilot announced “We’ve reached Jiva in Gaia2. You can go down through the exit gate and proceed. I’ll go into orbit again till you call me back using the calling stick with you. I’ll land at this point again to pick you up.”

It was a sunny morning in island Jiva. Irene said “Jivanese are said to be attired in grass dress. I’ve brought such factory made imitation skirts which I had used in a movie in Hollywood. You could wear a skirt over your shorts. I will also be similarly dressed.”

“You mean we wear no clothes over our top half of the body.”

“Yes.”

“You mean you too?”

“Of course. I’ve danced almost naked in the studios when I acted in Hollywood. I’ve nothing to hide.”

The identically dressed couple, carrying a bag each got off the craft and started walking. It was all the same as on earth the trees, the birds etc. Only marks of civilization such as antennae, phone lines, TV cables were missing. They went a few paces on a trodden path before they saw men and women. They showed no surprise at the 2 walking along except at the bags they carried and the UTMs at their neck. Using the UTM Kingh asked a passerby about who ruled Jiva. The man said “It’s Sage. He lives next to the big well there.”

The two went ahead till they reached the well and Kingh knocked at the door to the house. An old man came out and said “Welcome strangers. I’m Sage. The house next door is vacant and belongs to me. You could camp there. You can have food with our family. Come I’ll take you there.” A woman now appeared before them and Sage said “This’s Yla my principal wife.”

Kingh saw Yla was very young, and beautiful, even more than Irene. She was as fair as Irene and had a graceful build. Kingh almost fell in love with her at first sight. She had physical gifts of magnificent proportions the likes of which he had of course seen but never felt.

“I’m Kingh and this is my friend Irene.”

Sage said “Peculiar names!” He added “You can’t have a female friend. I’ll accept her as your wife.”

Irene said “What a contrast! He seems to be eighty and his principal wife is perhaps 18. I wonder how many wives he has and their ages.”

Sage said “I allot this house to you. I’ll give Yla to you. When I do that your wife becomes mine as per our law. Yla, take charge of Kingh. Irene come with me. Mr.Kingh, we’ll again meet at lunch at my place.”

Irene protested but Sage said what he had done was as per law of the land. Yla moved into the quarter allotted to her with her baggage. Sage and entourage left with Irene. When they were alone Yla felt the grass skirt Kingh was wearing. She said “This is much better than ours which sometimes pokes or itches. Can I have one like it?”

Kingh brought out the bag he had carried and gave Yla one of his grass skirts. Yla felt happy and casting aside the one she wore put on the new one.

  But it was one size too big. He tried to adjust it round Yla’s waist but it wouldn’t fit. In his attempts he gasped at the appearance of the realm of Venus.  He tried to concentrate on fitting the grass skirt but barely could. He said “I’ll get you another one when we go for dinner.”

She said “Let me wear the one you have on. It looks smaller.”

He had to give her his grass skirt and stood showing her how to tie it up. Then she tried to fix the lower sized one around Kingh. In the course of making adjustments Yla was all over him and could not but discover how well endowed he was. One thing lead to another and they shared a bliss when she felt herself being carried away on clouds and moon beams then sailing softly back to earth. He had discovered that there are just voluptuous and exciting things to do in day time as in the dark! And further he proceeded to prove to her that one encounter was the furthest thing from his thoughts!

They went to lunch at Sage’s house when Kingh got from Irene, grass skirts to suit Yla. Of course Irene was very, very angry that Yla had to be with Kingh instead of her. Lunch was the usual they would have on earth. All the time Irene was gazing at Yla with great anger.

The next day, Yla took Kingh to the market place. He found there was nothing to buy. She suggested they visit a jeweller and went there. Kingh saw the wares and Yla picked up what she had chosen. Kingh paid for it with a gold coin he had brought to make emergent purchases. Around that time, Sage accompanied Irene to the same shop. There Sage noticed a man trying to sneak out of the jeweller’s and held him. He was a thief who had stolen silver coins. He ordered the judge who was his next in command, to come. The thief suddenly lashed out with a club in his clothes, felled Sage and tried to flee, but Irene was strong and restrained him. When the judge arrived Sage was already dead. The judge held a kind of inquiry and passed sentence of death. The prisoner was taken away by guards. The judge announced “The execution will be tomorrow.”

Now that Sage was dead, Irene assumed she could leave Sage’s house. The judge said “I’m next in command. Everything that belonged to Sage now comes to me.” Eying Irene lasciviously, he said “That includes Irene. Everyone interested can come to the funeral of Sage and the execution of his assassin.”

That night also Kingh and Yla had their dinner at Sage’s house much to Irene’s anger. The next day Kingh went to the execution. Him and Yla stood watching as the thief was brought stripped and anointed with honey all over. He was then taken near a giant anthill and tied to a stake within it. The judge said “In a couple of hours the body would be consumed by the giant man eating ants.” It was a grisly sight. All of them next attended the funeral of Sage in a burial ground. There Irene asked Kingh “The space ship will have to leave tomorrow or so.”

“Don’t worry. It will come for us at our bidding.”

Coming into his house, Kingh told Yla “Pack up and come with me. I’ll dump Irene here and take you instead.”

But unknown to them Irene had crept in and was listening. Having overheard Kingh’s instruction to Yla, Irene was incensed. She moved in and assaulted Yla killing her instantly. She said “Kingh, start immediately and we’ll leave. If the judge comes, I’ll be sentenced.”

Kingh packed immediately and the two left for the space ship. He had alerted the pilot, and after the ship arrived they boarded the craft and took off for home. Colaco, the scientist whom he had contacted before the trip to Gaia2, called Kingh and asked about his trip. Kingh said “Yes. We had been to a planet which is evolving. Things will change, but human nature never will.” In the end Irene was the one who was totally disappointed: She couldn’t latch on to the billionaire!

END

November 08, 2020 10:03

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.