0 comments

American Fantasy Fiction

How am I going to be remembered? That is a hard question to answer. I haven't been born yet. I do know one thing I love my mommy very much and she loves me very much. I should say she loves us very much.

How do I know that? She rubs her belly a lot. I can feel her love every time she rubs her belly.

You wonder if she knows there are two of us? I've wondered about that too. If she does not know she is in for a big surprise.

I hear you giggling over there. Yes, I think it's funny too.

She must know we're laughing; she is rubbing her belly again.

Feels good doesn't it? I think so too.

Yum! What's this?

Food, you think?

I like food. Yum, this is sweet! Yuck, that was sour. You liked that sour taste? Not me.

Yum sweet again. Yuck, sour. I know....I know you like sour.

Good. Whatever that was flooded out the sour taste.

That was water? Well, then I like water.

You like water too? Good because every time we get food you don't like you kick me. By the way, that is something I am going to remember for a very long time.

Owww! Hey, that wasn't funny. You did that on purpose. I know your giggling. Stop that.

I really like that. I think I want to be remembered as someone that is great at tasting food.

There are lots of people who are great at tasting food? Well, I am going to be the greatest food taster of all time!

You agree? Good.

You already know how you are going to be remembered? Not a serial killer I hope.

Oh, a soccer player. I think you will be a great soccer player. You already are really good at kicking.

Owww! Hey that hurt.

You were just practicing your kicking? That's not funny.

This space is really getting small!

Listen, mommy is singing.

It is the star song. She just sang twinkle, twinkle little star.

Yes, I like this song too.

Maybe I'll be a rock star. If I do become a rock star, you can be my manager.

What do you mean if I become a rock star?

Yah! Here comes milk. I think we might be upsetting mommy.

Why?

Because she is drinking a lot of milk and rubbing her belly. I think she wants us to quiet down for awhile.

I think a nap is a good idea too.

What is that noise that just woke me up?

It's that noise that sounds like a lot of people talking, but a don't mommy talking.

The thing talking is a tv? How do you know it is a tv?

You heard her say tv? You must have better ears than I do.

What do you mean you pay attention to mommy more than I do?

I pay attention to her.

Oh, we pay attention in different ways? That makes sense.

Maybe you will be a person who listens to other people.

You're not about what you're going to do?

Maybe you should be.

I know this space is getting very small. I hope we move to a bigger space soon.

I'm getting tired to. I think I'll go back to sleep. Wait! You're hungry?

Me too.

You think I would be a good chef. What is a chef?

Someone that cooks for other people? Oh, I like that idea.

Gentle high five. Nice!

Here comes more food! This food tastes different. I don't remember this taste.

You think it is salty.

Have we had salty before? I like it.

You are good at knowing different tastes too. Maybe we both will be food tasters.

One of us would have to be a dentist? Why?

Oh, you think the taste tester might have bad teeth. Maybe.

Do you think mommy has plans for us to be remembered by?

Yes? I hope it is plans we will like.

I hear music again, but it is not mommy singing. I think she is playing what she calls a radio.

You think I'm right? Wow, we have to give each other a gentle high five.

Why?

Because you agreed with me.

Oh no! We are moving. Mom is in that thing that jiggles us around to much. It makes me feel bad.

Why? It is too rough. I hope we stop soon.

Good, we stopped. You didn't like that either did you?

I didn't think you did.

We're moving again. I don't mind this movement. I guess I'll find out later what this movement is.

You are right, we both will find out later. I think we will find out a lot of things later.

I'm hungry.

Yay. Mom must have known we're hungry. We are getting more food. And I like what we are getting!

Mom is giving us love again. Do you feel it?

It feels good, doesn't it?

We are moving again.

Yes! It is that rough ride. It is making a really loud noise too. I hope it stops soon.

Thank goodness we stopped moving.

I hear music?

Mommy is singing isn't she?

I like it when she sings too.

This is a different song than the star song.

It seems like she is singing faster that the twinkle star.

Maybe mommy is a rock star!

Owww! Stop that.

Yes, it is getting very crowded in here. I hope we move to a bigger place soon.

You're right. It is warm here. I like that.

Yes. I think there are going to be changes for us soon.

How do I know?

I'm not sure. I just do.

I think it will be a much bigger place than this.

Will mommy think we're smart?

Yes, I think she will.

I know she will love us very much.

Here comes more food!

No, it's sour again.

No I don't like the sour anymore that the last time we had something that had a sour taste. At least I don't think I do. I can't remember. I just know I don't like it.

Yes, I do remember that you do like it. And no, I am not going to give you a high five because you like it.

Owww! You kicked me.

I hope we move to our new place very soon.

October 08, 2020 19:24

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.