0 comments

Adventure Contemporary Creative Nonfiction

There is hardly any living being who has never gone through ups and downs in his life. Life is full of incidents r both good and bad. Some of them may be forgotten with the passage of time whereas others leave an everlasting imprint on the mind. One feels delighted when fortune favours one but one plunges into despair during misfortunes. A wise man is one who is neither overjoyed in prosperity nor takes adversity to heart.

Last year, I passed the Senior School Certificate Examination. Though I had given it my best shot, I was not confident of scoring too well. Anything less than a first division would certainly throw a spanner in the path of my future career. The day before the result was I expected, I spent a restless night. Early next morning, I along with a few friends hurried to school and went straight to the display board.

Starting at eye level I went down the list, with my heartbeat going up as I reached the bottom. My name was not there. With a heavy heart I ran my eyes up the list. And there! I looked again. Yes, it was my name second in the list. Not only had I secured a first division, but also stood second in my class. God fulfilled my desires. I felt grateful to Him. My friends also passed, securing good marks. In order to celebrate our success we decided to go to for a picnic.

We reached Okhla, a lovely picnic resort, at 12 noon. The heavy rush of visitors could not deter our enthusiasm as we sought out a huge banyan tree on the banks of the canal. We spread out our mats and opened up the food hamper. The lively music and delicious food swept away all the tension of the past few days. The idealic atmosphere was abruptly broken by some loud cries. The sound came from the canal side. I immediately rushed towards the canal and was shocked to see a boy drowning. He was crying for help.

I jumped into the canal and swam towards the drowning boy. After a great struggle, I dragged him towards the bank. He was in a very bad state. When I observed him carefully, I was surprised to see that he was an old classmate of mine. He was given medical aid and after some time, he regained consciousness. I was delighted to see him recovering. My joy knew no bounds because I had saved the life of a boy, who happened to be my old classmate.

It was a day of great joy and happiness. Not only did I secure the second position, but also did a brave and noble act by saving a boy from the jaws of death. This day would go down as one of the happiest days of my Life.

FOUR LINES ON—HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE

  • My mother’s birthday is the happiest day of my life
  • She is the best gift I ever got from God
  • Without her I am nothing today and that is why I am grateful to her always
  • Every year, I spend the whole day with my momi on her birthday

HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE : (SHORT ESSAY)

Each and every day is a blessing from God. When I wake up every day, I thank Almighty for adding one more day to my life. In such a way, I got a very special opportunity to prove myself one day. I have been winning various painting contests both in state level and national level. Our principal was already impressed by my explicit ability. He sent the most special works of mine to a set of editors in the city. I was absolutely unaware of it. Surprisingly one fine morning I got a magazine delivered to my door. When I saw the magazine cover I was speechless. I felt so obliged to my principal that day. And – that was the happiest day of my life.

HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE : (BRIEF ESSAY)

The day I won State Championship in Yoga is the happiest day of my life. Last year, I was all set to participate in State Championship Competition. For the same, almost 1200 Yoga students had already enrolled. I was frightened inside but was courageous enough to go for it.

My Yoga master gave me intense training and I was practicing with great zeal. My parents were confident that I will definitely bring home the Championship.

Having won a range of contests in Yoga, it was the first time competing with such a huge number of contestants. The big day came. My parents and master accompanied me to the stadium. It was such a huge arena that even my parents were dumbstruck. Not only Yoga but various other contests were happening in each corner of the stadium.

As I enrolled my name, I got an allotment number. I was supposed to perform first on stage. There were 4 judges who were ready to evaluate my postures. I performed all the asanas (postures) I practiced in just 3 minutes. Though the asanas were tough I proved myself in a very short duration. Once I completed all my asanas the whole group of spectators came up with a huge round of applause. It took more than 5 hours for all the performers to complete their show. The end of the competition was undeniably a shocking surprise to my parents and me. I made my Yoga Master proud that day. The surprise unveiled and it became the happiest day of my life – I won the State Championship in Yoga on (Date).ENGLISH FOR STUDENTS

  •   

NAVIGATION

Home

Confused Words

What is NEW?

Nursery Rhymes

Beauties of English

More

- Grammar

- Intermediate Level

- Advanced English

- f.a.q

- Tips

- Plain English

- Vocabulary

- Etymology

- Synonyms

- Antonyms

- TOEFL

- GRE

- GMAT

- Your English Teacher

- Business Letters

- Difficult Words

- Social Letters

- Short Stories

- English Poems

- Poem Topics

- TOP 100 Poems

- English Songs

- Famous Quotations

- Business Dictionary

- Essays

The Happiest Day in My Life

The Happiest Day in My Life :

All my days are happy. My parents and sister keep me happy always. Good dresses, god food and good school are there in my family. My teachers teach me very well. The relatives are very fond of me. I have what a girl of my age should have. But the topic is happiest day in my life.

My birthday is my happiest day. I wait for it the whole year. That day I wear new dresses. My parents take me to the temple to offer worship in my name. Mt parents, sister, relatives and friends wish me Happy Birth day. MY give sweets and chocolate to my friends who are studying with me in my school. They are also happy on that day.

‘On that day, we give feast to all in my family. I cut birthday cake. All are happy. I eat candies. On that day, I was the center of my whol family. For this I always long for it. The whole house is decorated with mango-tree-leaves and colour papers. The complete environment was colourful. I like it to my complete satisfaction.

November 19, 2020 15:33

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.