My story is entitled Control Anger before it controls you.

Written in response to: Write a story about anger.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Creative Nonfiction Mystery

My story is entitled Control Anger before it controls you.


Anger is also known as wrath or rage. It can be noted that Anger is an intense emotional state involving a strong uncomfortable and non-cooperative response to a perceived provocation.

Also Anger results when you have issues controlling your temper.

There are three types of Anger that includes Passive, Aggression, Open Aggression and Assertive Anger.

Whenever you are angry the approach is Assertive Anger.


Sometimes Anger is a weakness that burns spiritual wealth. There are various strategies to always keep anger at bay that includes relaxation.

Also Anger is one of the basic human. emotions as elemental as happiness, sadness ,anxiety or disgust.

Anger is noted as an emotion that is characterized by antagonism towards someone or something that you do feel has always deliberately done you wrong.

Anger can be a good thing sometimes.

Others argue that Anger is a strong feeling of displeasure and usually of Antagonism. Again Anger is termed as a strong feeling that makes you want to hurt someone or be unpleasant because of something that has happened. Also feeling angry sometimes is normal.


However how you express your Anger matters alot. There are information that explains behaviours that causes problems and where to get help.

In addition Anger may come from frustration from not being able to prevent obsessive thoughts and some sort of compulsive behaviours from having someone or something.

Anger is a strong feeling of being upset or annoyed because of something wrong or bad. Sometimes Anger is the feeling that makes someone want to hurt other people.

Also I can possibly control my anger by staying calm. Always check yourself. It is hard to make smart choices when you are in the hands of a powerful negative emotion.

In staying calm from anger , you have to change the way you think.

Again relax to always stay calm from anger.

When you stay calm from anger you need to improve on your communication skills.


In controlling your anger you need to get active. Anger causes effects on your body. Among some of them includes An uncomfortable or churning feeling in your stomach.

There is the tightness in your chest.

Also there is an increase and rapid heartbeat.

Sometimes your legs often go weak. Again anger tenses muscles and makes you feel hot. Other times anger causes the sweating of the body.

One might be angry at a person , a coworker and also supervisor.

People might be angry during an event, traffic jam, or a cancelled flight.

Others are often angry by worrying or brooding about personal problems.

Sometimes memories of traumatic or enraging events can also trigger anger feelings. Anger is having a strong feeling against someone who has behaved badly making you want to shout at them or hurt them.

You can possibly deal with an angry person by staying calm , trying to listen to them. Also do give them space and then set boundaries to angry people.


In addition help angry people identify their triggers and then support them to seek professional help.

Anger can make you feel as though you are at the mercy of an unpredictable and powerful emotion.

We have all felt anger whether as a fleeting annoyance or as full fledged rage.

Anger is also noted as a completely normal usually healthy emotion. When it gets out of control and then it turns destructive it can lead to problems at work in your personal relationship and the overall quality of your life.

Again Anger can make you feel as though you are at the mercy of an unpredictable and powerful emotion.


According to Charles Spielberger, Anger is an emotional state that varies in intensity from mild irritation to intense fury and rage. Also Charles Spielberger a psychologist specializes in the study of anger. Anger is also an emotion that is accompanied by physiological and biological changes.


Whenever you get angry your heart rate and blood pressure goes up as do the levels of your energy hormones , adrenaline and non-adrenaline.

Again anger can be caused by both external and internal events. One can be angry at a specific person such as co-workers or supervisors.

Your anger could be caused by worrying or brooding about your personal problems.

Also the instinctive natural way to to express anger is to respond Aggressively. Anger is noted as a natural adaptive response to threats. It does inspires powerful often aggressive feelings and behaviours which allows us to fight and to defend ourselves when we are attacked.

Again a certain amount of Anger therefore is necessary to our survival.

Also laws, social norms and common sense places limits on how far our anger can possibly take us.

Most people often use a variety of both conscious and unconscious processes to deal with their angry feelings.

The three main approaches to Anger are expressing, suppressing and calming.


However expressing your angry feelings in an assertive not aggressive manner is the healthiest way to always express anger.

You have to learn how to make clear what your needs are and then how to get them met without hurting others.

Also being Assertive does not mean being pushy or demanding it means being respectful of yourself and others.


In addition ,Anger can be suppressed and the converted or easily redirected.

It is noted that Anger can suppressed when you hold in your anger and then you stop thinking about it. You later focus on something positive.

The aim of this is to inhibit or suppress your anger and then convert it into some constructive behaviour. Your Anger can turn inward and can easily cause hypertension , high blood pressure or depression.


As can be noted unexpressed Anger can create other problems. Also unexpected Anger can lead to pathological expressions of Anger such as passive Aggressive behaviours.

Others argue that people who are constantly putting others down criticizing everything and making cynical comments haven't learnt how to constructively express their Anger.

Not surprisingly they aren't likely to have many successful relationships.


However you can't possibly get rid of people who annoy or get you angry or avoid the things or the people that enrage you, nor can you change them, but you can learn to control your reactions and emotions when you get angry.

There are psychological tests that measures the intensity of angry feelings how prone to anger are you and how well can you handle it. Whenever you find yourself acting in ways that seems out of control and frightening you might need help finding better ways to deal with this emotion.

There is evidence that some children are born irritable , touchy and easily angered . Anger is regarded as negative , we are taught that it's all right to express anxiety , depression, and other emotions but not to express anger.


People who are often easily angered come from families that are disruptive , chaotic , and skilled at emotional communications.

Whenever one is angry his or her situation needs to be resolved.

People who are easily angered have a low tolerance for frustration. These people should not be subjected to frustration, inconvenience or annoyance.

It is all right to express anxiety and depression and other emotions.


However it can be noted that simple relaxation such as deep breathing and relaxing can can help calm down angry feelings.

Most angry people tend to curse ,swear or speak in high terms that reflect their inner thoughts.

Whenever you are angry your thinking can get very exaggerated.

Anger alienates and then humiliates people who might otherwise be willing to work with you on a solution.

When angry people demands are not met their disappointment becomes anger.


Finally one can calm down inside when he or she is very angry . This means that not just controlling your behavior but also controlling your internal responses .

June 19, 2024 04:35

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.